Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

.::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. (141449 Views)

CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) / OLX Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

.::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by aieromon(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hi,

I have decided to bring to your notice a caveat emptor about transacting any sort of pre-order business with Omowunmi Allen. I know it is coming pretty late but I had to bid my time after setting the process in motion to recovering my funds.
The lady in question is a member of Nairaland and I met her in sometime in March 2012.

https://www.nairaland.com/shopclue
https://www.nairaland.com/coolfaced8
http://www.youtube.com/user/4pinkbloomer?feature=watch

I saw some of her threads in the Technology market and I was interested in purchasing some phones from her.
https://www.nairaland.com/885737/now-lagos-usa-b.berry-iphone/1

We agreed on a meeting point after which I inspected and paid for phones worth N220,000. I let her know that I was interested in starting a side business and would like for her to be my supplier. She said she would look into it and we parted ways. About a week later in April, she called and said she had to rush down to the U.S to get some doors for her building project. I told her I would like her to purchase some gadgets for me so I could resell. She said she would be back before the end of April but that she would ship the devices in the name of her engineer, a Mr. Tayo. Mr. Tayo was to receive the items and after inspection, I would pay the balance. We agreed on the upfront payment and three installment deposits totaling N900,000 was paid into the account she gave to me. All the payments were confirmed by her.

The items were ordered in two parts and the first batch was due to arrive in Lagos within 8days. At the expiration of the 8 days, nothing was received and I sought to know why. She couldn’t give a cogent reason other than the package had arrived Lagos and she didn’t know what was holding it up. I did a check at NAHCO yard and discovered that there was some form of strike so I let it slide and made the last payment for the second batch on the 23rd of April 2012.
I started getting impatient when days turned into weeks.
https://www.nairaland.com/911734/crazy-deals-new-ipad-sony

I let her know that my integrity was at stake and first impression counts a lot because I had clients already waiting for the devices. Some even gave me money upfront and I had to save face and return their money. At this point, the calls stopped and she resorted to replying with text messages telling me how busy she was. Her ETA in Lagos kept changing and her reply to my mails reduced in frequency.

Eventually, she returned my mail and gave me two options: - I could request for a refund or wait for her to come back to Lagos so that she could clear the items herself. Initially, I chose to wait but when she couldn’t ascertain when exactly she was coming, I decided to ask for the refund.

I was constantly calling , sending text messages and emails to find out when the funds would be returned but I didn’t get any reply. If she replied, it would be via text message that she was very busy and would get back to me. I decided to go through her Nairaland threads and look for someone who could mediate on my behalf and it was then I came across the coolfaced8 ID. There and then, I knew I was in for a ride. In June, I sought the assistance of a mutual friend to try and talk sense into her and she raised all forms of lies and ended by saying she would pay before the end of July. According to her, she didn’t have any money in the U.S and I would have to wait till she gets back to Nigeria.

At the end of July, I sent her a reminder email and she replied on the 10th of August that she was finally in Nigeria and would pay the money before the month ran out. That was the last time I heard from her in 2012.

The matter has been reported to the relevant authorities and I have had the cause to meet two people with this same predicament during the period of investigation.

This thread is only a notice to whoever does any form of business with her and those interested in engaging in any form of transaction. It is not a court of law and should not be seen as such. IMHO, Omowunmi Allen is a certified scammer and will remain so in my books until she is ready to be a model to Nigerian women all over the world.

It is well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by presegsADESIDA(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
So pathetic but we will like you to give us more proofs.

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by azpekuliar: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
What a shame....
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Youngzedd(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Speechless.

Take the case to EFCC office if you want your money back.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by FYsol: 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
This is painful but I'm still surprised you went ahead to make payment for second batch when you are yet to receive first batch of the product. Since she is someone you know where she stays and people close to her then you can easily arrest her.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by FXKing2012(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
We need bank slips as confirmation, please.

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by mrkels(m): 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Is she the lady in those videos? mehn she is FUGLY cheesy
BTW, they were talking about some lekki project, how come they cant pay a paltry sum of 900,000 which is a 2months salary of some banker.
damn...Anyways hope you get your money back bro.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
It can happen to anyone anywhere and anytime.
All you need to do is be positive and let's hope she will have it refunded or your goods still delivered.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by surveyProf(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
OP~Please kindly provide us with prove of making payment to the defendant's bank account, e.g. bank teller, and as for "Wunmi Allen" we will want to give you twenty-one (21) days from today Thrusday 24th January 2013 to 13th of February 2013 to respond to this allegation levelled against you by the plaintiff, failure to act accordingly will automatically permit us to publish your photographs here and tag you as a scammer.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Topewealth: 1:06am On Jan 25, 2013
Kia! That's a lot of money!
So painful! But u cn recover ur money ! If u re on bbm just add me! 27D2237 nd I will tell u how!

I hate it when naughty people scam peep off their hard earn cash!

Gush! Where is the fear of God in biz
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Topewealth: 1:07am On Jan 25, 2013
27D2237D! The ist one is incorrect!
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by aieromon(m): 3:50am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012: We need bank slips as confirmation, please.

For some strange reason,I'm having issues uploading here. These are the links,though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii8l5oyiu9jqnmz/1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2c643g0k1lsgm9/2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o2ww53038qcqc2/3.jpg

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by kittykat1(f): 4:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Mods thse are the type of articles that shd be on d front page.

3 Likes

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 25, 2013
kitty kat: Mods thse are the type of articles that shd be on d front page.
smiley
Let's not forget that she is innocent until proven guilty so please be civil here.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by FXKing2012(m): 5:53am On Jan 25, 2013
aieromon:

For some strange reason,I'm having issues uploading here. These are the links,though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii8l5oyiu9jqnmz/1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2c643g0k1lsgm9/2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o2ww53038qcqc2/3.jpg

The links you provided showed nothing. Is it just me or can anybody confirm opening the links?

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Odunnu: 6:12am On Jan 25, 2013
Yet again! angry angry
List her various monikers, I hear she has a good number.

[s] what a man can do, a woman can do better. [/s]
Tufiakwa
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by page9(m): 6:54am On Jan 25, 2013
@ Brand new

 don't see anything un-civil in a mere request for the thread to be on front page.

All that will achieve is for more people to follow the thread and d case.

If she succeed at defending her innocence, then she will become more popular and gain more customers.

But if the reverse is the case, more well-meaning people will help the OP possibly on how to recover his money.

Then she will loose her reputation and much more,.....and go the way of dinoseur.

I guess she has the floor to defend herself.

However, from the tone and postings of some individuals, she appear to have some loyalists here.

But in my Opinion, it is in her best interest to respond to the allegations ASAP because her silence may have other implications.

I will surely follow the thread to end (God willing)

9 Likes

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by lillyveezy: 6:57am On Jan 25, 2013
welcome to Naija's biz world!And to think that all of them will be laying claim to God's name while planning on scaming u. Anyway there truthful Nairaland biz peep sha.Just be careful whoever u are dealing with.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 25, 2013
page9: @ Brand new

However, from the tone and postings of some individuals, she appear to have some loyalists here.

Don't be ridiculous. grin
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by azpekuliar: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
lillyveezy: welcome to Naija's biz world!And to think that all of them will be laying claim to God's name while planning on scaming u. Anyway there truthful Nairaland biz peep sha.Just be careful whoever u are dealing with.

Exactly! If you're a prospective business partner, the moment I start hearing things like "You know I'm a pastor", "I'm a child of God" bla bla... I become wary and I'm out! 99% of the time, it's meant to pull the wool over your eyes prior to scamming you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by Odunnu: 8:24am On Jan 25, 2013
azpekuliar:

Exactly! If you're a prospective business partner, the moment I start hearing things like "You know I'm a pastor", "I'm a child of God" bla bla... I become wary and I'm out! 99% of the time, it's meant to pull the wool over your eyes prior to scamming you.
Do I know you? I've said this countless times over. Like you know my ways.
In every business i'm involved in, just introduce religion and i'm out.
I only do business with 'fellow humane sinners' like me and my eyes are wide open.
I've been burnt a couple of times though but nothing big and it turns out for good.

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by jaybee3(m): 9:26am On Jan 25, 2013
This same woman again?
She scammed some american lady right here on nl that built a website for her
I think she also scammed sienna

https://www.nairaland.com/297712/set-record-straight-pinkequity-pinkbloomer

Money money money jeeeeez
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by aieromon(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:

The links you provided showed nothing. Is it just me or can anybody confirm opening the links?

Try viewing from a native mobile browser or a computer.

Thanks
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by 2sexy(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2013
kitty kat: Mods thse are the type of articles that shd be on d front page.
the Mods here are the reason I dont come around here much or contribut like I used to do some months ago. I view through 3 threads I am following and that's all.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by 2sexy(m): 11:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Some months ago, I created a thread to address the is issue of scam and what did the MOD do? He/ She moved that thread to the advert section.

So much for a mod,huh? What does that speak of our dear mod?

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by surveyProf(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
Update From the OP, I have received the copies of the bank teller.

Similarly, Omowunmi Omotayo Allen happens to be an American citizen by marriage, an American passport holder, this makes the investigation easer to carryout via the cooperation of the American embassy/CIA/FBI.

Finally, today making day two!

Whitney M. Young Information Resource Center
2 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos
Telephone: (234)-1-460-3400
Fax: (234)-1-263-5397
E-mail: wyllagos@state.gov

Advanced Fee Fraud

American citizens should contact their local U.S. Secret Service Office. Please check your telephone directory for the appropriate number.

For further guidance, please check on the U.S. Secret Service and Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud (4-1-9) Resources

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by surveyProf(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
Update!

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by tpia5: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
I think anyone who wants to do business on nl, or with a nler, should always do so with a lawyer present, especially when the sum involved is large.

The lady in question had a very big fallout with siena about four or five years ago, over this same issue of business. It was very nasty and i'd have thought nl should have developed ways of counteracting such by now.

In order to avoid making it look like someone is being picked on ( when the same name keeps getting mentioned all the time), its better to either avoid doing business with a nler if you're not in one of their "approved"groups, or just have a lawyer present when or if you must.

Not knocking the op, but some of the stuff that goes on here is very questionable.

Hope it can be resolved without escalating further.

4 Likes

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by FXKing2012(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
aieromon:

Try viewing from a native mobile browser or a computer.

Thanks
You said she's a member of this forum, pls give me her nairaland ID so I could go all ballistic on her and put an end to her activities in here.
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by surveyProf(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
tpia@:
I think anyone who wants to do business on nl, or with a nler, should always do so with a lawyer present, especially when the sum involved is large.

The lady in question had a very big fallout with siena about four or five years ago, over this same issue of business. It was very nasty and i'd have thought nl should have developed ways of counteracting such by now.

In order to avoid making it look like someone is being picked on ( when the same name keeps getting mentioned all the time), its better to either avoid doing business with a nler if you're not in one of their "approved"groups, or just have a lawyer present when or if you must.

Not knocking the op, but some of the stuff that goes on here is very questionable.

Hope it can be resolved without escalating further.

I concur!

1 Like

Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by surveyProf(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
You said she's a member of this forum, pls give me her nairaland ID so I could go all ballistic on her and put an end to her activities in here.

She uses so many many user names, will post like Four later in the day!
Re: .::. Scam Alert : Omowunmi Allen And The Pre-order Mess .::. by FXKing2012(m): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
surveyProf:

She uses so many many user names, will post like Four later in the day!
ok...patiently waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.