Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno (5048 Views)

Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge / Ibadan Isn't, Lagos Is The Largest City In Africa. / Buhari Was The 2nd Target Of The Bomb Blast In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by emperorchedda(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2014
This is really tragic! The more the foot soldiers try to contain this mofos the more they overpower strategic areas. Our govt is a mess. Soon it will be maiduguri itself that will be captured if we keep deceiving ourselves and pretending nothing happened meanwhile our backyard is being razed and our clueless and corrupt government can't equip the soldiers to their work. Its highly lugubrious

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Krak(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: some jobless people need to start doing something useful and meaningful with their lives instead of spreading false and useless rumors that keeps ridiculing and tarnishing the image of this country and our soldiers publicly .

Guy, I do not think the info is false o. However I am banking on our military launching an immediate counter attack.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2014
lilprinze: some jobless people need to start doing something useful meaningful with their lives instead of spreading false and useless rumors that keeps ridiculing and tarnishing the image of this country and our soldiers publicly .

This is the kind of fightback we need, we can't allow the Boko Haram media wing and Propagandists over-run the Nigerian media space with propaganda and non-truths. They are always trying to score that psychological victory but this time they met stiff resistance from the people.
This is to all Boko Haram sympathizers in the house; when this war is over, we'd definitely come for you - your days are numbered, your end is in sight.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by SporaD8: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2014
This is in sync with what someone told me yesterday!
He said the soldiers he saw returning were looking depleted and disorganized, not a sign of victory.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Jakpon: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2014
@ Krak

Boko Haram as a group is made up of several insurgent fighters

1) Jamaa'tu Ahlis Sunnah of Abubakar Shekau

2)Jamaa'tu Ahlis Sunnah of Sheikh Bukar Al-Barnawi

3)Ansorul-Muslimiin of Abu Usamah Al-Ansori

4) Harakatul-Muhajiriin of Khalid al-Barnawi.

Number 3 & 4 carried out the Bama campaign yesterday which they code named - 'Al Bidiyah', meaning 'The Beginning'

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Krak(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2014
I just got this from the net. This guys info had always been complete and correct before:

Just got it confirmed from multiple sources, starting from 11:00pm 1st September to 1:00AM hundreds of surviving Nigerian soldiers in Bama have fled the town breaking through insurgent encirclement lines to flee towards Dikwa and Maiduguri with some heading towards Cameroon, leaving behind their weapons and equipment save assault rifles in their hands.

With the fall of Bama, the only major cities in Borno State apart from Maiduguri still under government control are Biu and Kukawa and these are already living under the threat of insurgent encirclement/siege and or outright capture.

God Save Nigeria… Amin
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Krak(m): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2014
Here is more from the guys website:

So far for almost 24 hours insurgent forces led by Khalid Al-Barnawi himself have been engaged in combat operations to rout Nigerian soldiers in Bama and seize control of the city. They have surprisingly entered this particular battle in force and are bringing in more reinforcements.

This battle signifies a significant shift which I predicted in my previous SITREPs on this blog. I have finally learned that the name of the ongoing insurgent campaign is Al-Bidayah or The Beginning.

Heavy fighting has been raging in Bama, the second largest city in Borno State, as thousands of insurgent fighters drawn from Harakatul-Muhajiriin and Ansorul-Muslimiin are engaging elements of the Nigerian Army’s 7 Division in a bid to seize control over the city, thus cementing their control of Bama LGA of the state, just north of Gwoza.

Fighting began 4:00am when insurgent artillery opened up on military positions in town with 60mm and 81mm mortars, 75mm recoilless rifles and 57mm AAA guns.

This bombardment was followed by insurgent infantry advancing under the cover of armoured vehicles including a BTR and several Otokar APCs and ARVs. Sources confirmed that reinforcements were rushed down from Maiduguri via the highway which is still under government control albeit under bombardment from insurgent artillery.

Over 300 soldiers in a desperate manoeuvre broke through insurgent lines and retreated to Maiduguri. Insurgent propaganda claims the retreated soldiers were 500.

Airforce jets were called in several times and were largely ineffective coming under insurgent flak attack several times. An Alpha jet pilot dropped his payload on the soldiers positions after missing the smoke marker.

Confirmed three American advisors arrive Maiduguri to coordinate satellite intelligence and electronic intercepts sharing with 7 Division.

Confirmed hundreds more of insurgent forces arrive the battlefield from neighboring Gwoza LGA around 10:00PM

Confirmed Khalid Al-Barnawi and Abu Usamah Al-Ansori are around the combat zone, with Al-Barnawi said to be personally directing the Battle from the insurgent side.

Confirmed Airforce no longer in the fight as it cannot afford to unnecessarily risk equipment and personnel.

Confirmed Insurgent casualties so far over 150. Unconfirmed over 70 Soldiers dead so far, scores wounded.

Confirmed insurgents have cleared soldiers from many areas of the town but as at last check fighting is a stalemate. Gallant troops are fighting ferociously to prevent encirclement in their barracks which seems to be insurgent tactical aim so far.

http://fulansitrep./?ref=spelling
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by PapiWata: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2014
Can anyone familiar with Bama town in Borno State please shed some light on just what the purpose of that rectangular compound might be, to the north-east of the main township ?

It is an interesting looking layout, with what looks to be TWO perimeter fences or walls. If that compound is of military significance, and if the Boko Haram terror gang have in fact taken and held the whole town of Bama and its environs, then that well fenced rectangular compound might be a place the slave raider gang leadership might set up headquarters. Nigerian Air Force take note.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by lilprinze: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Krak:

Guy, I do not think the info is false o. However I am banking on our military launching an immediate counter attack.
weather the info is false or true Boko Haram now has lots of sympathizers on the media wing and Propagandists who over-run the Nigerian media space with propaganda and lies.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Krak: Here is more from the guys website:

So far for almost 24 hours insurgent forces led by Khalid Al-Barnawi himself have been engaged in combat operations to rout Nigerian soldiers in Bama and seize control of the city. They have surprisingly entered this particular battle in force and are bringing in more reinforcements.

This battle signifies a significant shift which I predicted in my previous SITREPs on this blog. I have finally learned that the name of the ongoing insurgent campaign is Al-Bidayah or The Beginning.

Heavy fighting has been raging in Bama, the second largest city in Borno State, as thousands of insurgent fighters drawn from Harakatul-Muhajiriin and Ansorul-Muslimiin are engaging elements of the Nigerian Army’s 7 Division in a bid to seize control over the city, thus cementing their control of Bama LGA of the state, just north of Gwoza.

Fighting began 4:00am when insurgent artillery opened up on military positions in town with 60mm and 81mm mortars, 75mm recoilless rifles and 57mm AAA guns.

This bombardment was followed by insurgent infantry advancing under the cover of armoured vehicles including a BTR and several Otokar APCs and ARVs. Sources confirmed that reinforcements were rushed down from Maiduguri via the highway which is still under government control albeit under bombardment from insurgent artillery.

Over 300 soldiers in a desperate manoeuvre broke through insurgent lines and retreated to Maiduguri. Insurgent propaganda claims the retreated soldiers were 500.

Airforce jets were called in several times and were largely ineffective coming under insurgent flak attack several times. An Alpha jet pilot dropped his payload on the soldiers positions after missing the smoke marker.

Confirmed three American advisors arrive Maiduguri to coordinate satellite intelligence and electronic intercepts sharing with 7 Division.

Confirmed hundreds more of insurgent forces arrive the battlefield from neighboring Gwoza LGA around 10:00PM

Confirmed Khalid Al-Barnawi and Abu Usamah Al-Ansori are around the combat zone, with Al-Barnawi said to be personally directing the Battle from the insurgent side.

Confirmed Airforce no longer in the fight as it cannot afford to unnecessarily risk equipment and personnel.

Confirmed Insurgent casualties so far over 150. Unconfirmed over 70 Soldiers dead so far, scores wounded.

Confirmed insurgents have cleared soldiers from many areas of the town but as at last check fighting is a stalemate. Gallant troops are fighting ferociously to prevent encirclement in their barracks which seems to be insurgent tactical aim so far.

http://fulansitrep./?ref=spelling

fulansitrep? Bros, look for another source. The guy has been trying hard to paint himself as neutral but he is not.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Krak(m): 11:13am On Sep 02, 2014
tokunboh:

fulansitrep? Bros, look for another source. The guy has been trying hard to paint himself as neutral but he is not.

He clearly has insiders giving him info from within Boko Haram and affiliated groups.

But other people I know over there are somehow coroborating this report.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2014
This is a tweet from BBC Tomi Oladipo some minutes ago!

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by lightuplightup: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2014
never believed but. BBC just confirmed it now
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29021037
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2014
Krak:

He clearly has insiders giving him info from within Boko Haram and affiliated groups.

But other people I know over there are somehow coroborating this report.

I won't say much at this stage, but with the new strategy the NA has taken communication and engagement wise; I know that Borno State will enjoy a better level of peace before December. You can quote me.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Contradiction contradictions caused by contracting reports from different media. Infact I am confuse on what to believe again
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by san316(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Where is this coming from? I thought they were repelled?
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by nisai: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=Leetunechi]Mod, dis thread shd be locked u why
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Krak(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
tokunboh:

I won't say much at this stage, but with the new strategy the NA has taken communication and engagement wise; I know that Borno State will enjoy a better level of peace before December. You can quote me.

I pray O. But man, this is a very serious problem we have here in our hands O.

I think the time has come when we need to come together ( All tribes and all political parties) and strategise how we can route these guys.

It is actually everybody's problem.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Leetunechi: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=nisai][/quote]

z undecided
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by nisai: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Good development.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by gbadexy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jakpon: @ Krak

Number 3 & 4 carried out the Bama campaign yesterday which they code named - 'Al Bidiyah', meaning 'The Beginning'
Bros I hail o! I'm not sure even our security agents have these detailed infos.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by gbadexy(m): 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
Na true o! I'm just reading it on stv news bar now!
I never disregard sahara reporters. They may not be correct all the time but get it right a lot.
There is a difference between patriotism and living in denial. We shouldn't bury our heads in the sand. Let's acknowledge there is a problem first so we can tackle it.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by 4Play(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
gbadexy:
Bros I hail o! I'm not sure even our security agents have these detailed infos.

All that info comes from here: https://fulansitrep./

He's not particularly neutral but he does give more incisive factual analysis.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by 4Play(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
gbadexy: Na true o! I'm just reading it on stv news bar now!
I never disregard sahara reporters. They may not be correct all the time but get it right a lot.
There is a difference between patriotism and living in denial. We shouldn't bury our heads in the sand. Let's acknowledge there is a problem first so we can tackle it.

Nigerians love being emotional and won't face the truth. The National Assembly should be recalled and we should acknowledge that we are in a state of war. The only thing stopping the Islamists is a lack of manpower which they are working on. We have to act before it's too late.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bama can never fall into the hands of the insurgents. Not even for a minute
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Litmus: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2014

Dose not in the end matter what they're called. They could be called Jambalaya for all they are worth but the fact remains that they can kill and can be killed. Some say that Nigerian soldiers fear becuse these people don't mind dying and when these people catch Nigerians soldiers they kill them in such a diabolical way and that this has put the fear of god in the hearts of Nigerians soldiers. I don't know that this is true but i do think that soldiers should go to war knowing in some part of their minds that the lives of women and children are more important than theirs. And no- I'm not stating this just because I'm not one of those in the front-line. In any case, my character is old-school Nigerian, if I joined the army no one is making me turn tail and run I'll fight and die full stop.

If the place has fallen and given that people say that Nigeria has much equipment invested there, then Nigeria should maybe think of destroying the whole place with artillery. It is a terrible thought but maybe the lesser of two evils.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jakpon: @ Krak

WTF!....this guy is boko haram
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
I THINK THE NEWS IS TRUE.JUST SAWXIT ON SILVERBIRD NOWembarassed
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
This will never have happened under Abacha or Obasanjo.

Why is GEJ so weak ?

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by GuyFawkes: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jakpon: Airforce jets that were called in yesterday during the Bama Battle came under flak attack from the insurgents. A friendly fire was even dropped in the column of the NA at the Bama Barrack. Very tragic

The 21 armoured brigades column was bombed mistakenly by the NAF,many soldiers died but seems no one is reporting the casualties.
Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by 7lives: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Krak: Why are people living in denial? Our military is obviously fighting insurgents who have more battle experience and better tactics than them.

Honestly this is terrible.

You are not serious are you? the story of Jona and PDP in this country is like the story of a wood gathering ant which will eventually use its head to carry the wood.
When PDP under obj choose to play politics with insurgence in Borno state, they never in their wildest imagination believed that they could found themselves in the current mess, as for Jona, does he actually thinks governing a country is about wearing a bowler hat?.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Successfully Takes Over The 2nd Largest City In Borno by Osama10(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
I just keep wondering if its so difficult for the NA against boko haram in 3 states, what happens if another nation decides to invade Nigeria?

This morning like always I saw 2 Airforce MI-35Ps hovering over port harcourt, I don't think we need them in port harcourt right now they should be busy in the North East.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Indigenous Drone (being Build And Launched) / Donclimax Bonded Terminals About To Open in Anambra State / Water Supply: Enugu To Employ 104 New Staff To Meet Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.