Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

- Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (4206 Views)

April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party / Army Rigged For Ruling Party (PDP) – Oshiomhole / Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by egift(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: PDP will go extinct once APC assumes power. They have nothing to offer. for 15years going 16 Years the Country has been revolving through a cycle of poverty, unemployment, insecurity, Militancy and now terrorism have been added.

I will like them to remain and be viable. They will also need to police the APC led FG. And the time they spend as opposition party, will give them time to reevaluate their policies, politics, and what interest for protect (Nigerians or some criminals). I believe voting out PDP is the first step for Nigeria as a nation to rise.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2014
ANAMBRA11: u even mentioned anago like say tunde get sense,u wan spoil ur thread
Don't worry about anago, he's cool. But I am waiting for the Jonathanians input
Re: by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2014
H
Re: by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

You ended up saying nothing! Whoever is paying you, is wasting his/her money because you are doing a poor job on Nairaland!
That is part of what I am saying. The PDP promotes religious and tribal bigotry. You should have ignored the doofoos

1 Like

Re: by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: What is taking the Moderators so long to Push this to Front Page? We need to balance things rather than promote partisanship on this forum
when they are wearing PDP t-shirt and face cap?
Re: by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 02, 2014
nigerianvenom: PDP government under GEJ gives every tribe a say in governance,rather than sectionalism when ur hero,Buhari was in power.we dont need such.check out the sectionalism expressed by buhari as a president;
we dont wanna witness this again

Buhari's Ministers
Head of State Muhammadu Buhari 1984–1985 -
North
Chief of Staff Tunde Idiagbon 1984–1985 - North
Defense Domkat Bali 1984–1985 - North
Agriculture Bukar Shuaib 1984–1985 - North
Trade Mahmud Tukur 1984–1985 - North
Communications A Abdullahi, Lt Col 1984–1985 -
North
Education Yarima Ibrahim 1984–1985 - North
Finance Onaolapo Soleye 1984–1985
Abuja Mamman Jiya Vatsa 1984–1985 - North
Health Emmanuel Nsan 1984–1985
Internal Affairs Mohammed Magoro 1984–1985 -
North
Foreign Affairs Ibrahim Gambari 1984–1985 -
North
Minister of Information Sam Omeruah 1984–1985
Transportation Abdullahi Ibrahim 1984–1985 -
North
Energy Tam David-West 1984–1985
Justice Chike Offodile 1984–1985
Works Patrick Koshoni 1984–198

TRIBALIST ALERT

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2014
egift:

I will like them to remain be viable. They will also need to police the APC led FG. And the time they spend as opposition party, will give them time to reevaluate their policies, politics, and what interest for protect (Nigerians or some criminals). I believe voting out PDP is the first step for Nigeria as a nation to rise.
Most of them will be jailed or be facing charges. I am sure Serious parties will rise to challenge the ruling APC. PDP may be extinct
Re: by papaejima1: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Keneking: Agreed with OP grin
Re: by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2014
EddyNumerouno:
when they are wearing PDP t-shirt and face cap?
the PDP and her Agents have been trying unsuccessfully to taint the Image of the APC. Each time they make a try, they shoot themselves in the foot.
Re: by brownlord: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: APC is the ONLY party where its members and supporters are not religious fanatics. The PDP parade itself as a pseudo political wing of Christian Association of Nigeria. Whereas the APC does not see religion as a factor to Leadership. The APC believes in the equality of all and put integrity and competency above religious affiliations

I concur, could that be the reason kwakwaso sponsored Muslim pilgrims to hajj and refuse to do same for Christians? Bro you are loosing it, this is not banicansta of some months ago, what is the problem?

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord:

I concur, could that be the reason kwakwaso sponsored Muslim pilgrims to hajj and refuse to do same for Christians? Bro you are loosing it, this is not banicansta of some months ago, what is the problem?
You are a Patholigical LIAR.

Kwankwaso DOES NOT Sponsor Christian or Muslim Pilgrimage. Hear his words....

"“There is nowhere Islam allows for the removing of public funds to sponsor individuals on pilgrimages,” says Kwankwaso. Admission to heaven or hell, if the scriptures are right, is strictly on personal merit. The state, a collective entity, has no business paying the pilgrim’s passage to paradise." - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/who-should-pay-the-pilgrims-passage-to-paradise/#sthash.kjOwv5lH.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: by Caseless: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2014
In hausa pdp is described pdp muguar uwa me kashe ya'ya , meaning : pdp is a wicked mother that kills her own children.
Pdp is the problem of Nigeria; and they have not solved any since they came into power , rather , they have worsened the situation.
PDP is a kind of ruling party that destroy and not build.

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2014
caseless: In hausa pdp is described pdp muguar uwa me kashe ya'ya , meaning : pdp is a wicked mother that kills her own children.
Pdp is the problem of Nigeria; and they have not solved any since they came into power , rather , they have worsened the situation.
PDP is a kind of ruling party that destroy and not build.
They have even plunged Nigeria to crisis and troubles. You see how they use religion and tribe as a basis for loyalty and judgement?

1 Like

Re: by brownlord: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: You are a Patholigical LIAR.

Kwankwaso DOES NOT Sponsor Christian or Muslim Pilgrimage. Hear his words....

"“There is nowhere Islam allows for the removing of public funds to sponsor individuals on pilgrimages,” says Kwankwaso. Admission to heaven or hell, if the scriptures are right, is strictly on personal merit. The state, a collective entity, has no business paying the pilgrim’s passage to paradise." - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/who-should-pay-the-pilgrims-passage-to-paradise/#sthash.kjOwv5lH.dpuf

President Goodluck Jonathan has accused governors of some North-West states of Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna of marginalising Christians in their states by failing to sponsor them for the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/157891-exclusive-jonathan-fumes-north-west-governors-reluctance-sponsor-christian-pilgrims-jerusalem.html#sthash.fkZP6kTr.dpbs

http://www.cityvoiceng.com/hajj-kano-state-govt-selects-3-airlines/
Re: by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2014
I won't be surprised if this doesn't get to the FP.
Re: by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Seun or Obinoscopy, front page please!
Re: by Ventura1: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2014
yorke1: *farts inside the thread*
It disrupt your alimentary canal because its a fact! truth is bitter to swallow u know
Re: by Caseless: 11:24am On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord:

u ar a poached rhino for thinking kwankwaso sponsored muslims to hajj and not doing so for xtains. Tell me how many muslims theodore orji, sulivan chime , or peter obi sent for hajj when they sent xtains to jerusalem frm their various states.
Who celebrate such gesture in the first place that u are even here using it to back up ur argument?
Re: by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord:

President Goodluck Jonathan has accused governors of some North-West states of Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna of marginalising Christians in their states by failing to sponsor them for the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/157891-exclusive-jonathan-fumes-north-west-governors-reluctance-sponsor-christian-pilgrims-jerusalem.html#sthash.fkZP6kTr.dpbs

That is why I say you are a patholigical LIAR! The Pilgrims of Kano State are self-sponsored. The Government DOES not spend a Penny on them.

You don't know the meaning of SPONSORSHIP
Re: by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord:

President Goodluck Jonathan has accused governors of some North-West states of Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, [b]Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna[/b] of marginalising Christians in their states by failing to sponsor them for the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem

From the article you posted.........

EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan fumes over North-West governors’ reluctance to sponsor Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem
April 1, 2014Sani Tukur
Jonathan and Sultan

President Jonathan pushes for state sponsorship of Muslim, Christian pilgrimages in spite of contrary recommendation by a presidential committee he empanelled.

President Goodluck Jonathan has accused governors of some North-West states of Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna of marginalising Christians in their states by failing to sponsor them for the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem, PREMIUM TIMES can report today.

The president said this in Abuja last Wednesday when he met with a delegation of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, NSCIA, led by its President, the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, and the Secretary General, Ishaq Oloyede.

After responding to the complaints of alleged maginalisation of Nigerian Muslims made by the delegation, the President shocked everyone at the meeting when he announced that he had his own grouse with some Muslim leaders from the Northwest.

“I still don’t understand why governors from especially the North-West do not want to sponsor Christians to Jerusalem,” Mr. Jonathan was quoted as saying. “If you sponsor Muslims to Mecca, you have to sponsor Christians to Jerusalem. If you don’t do that it is marginalization and it is unfair to Christians.”

The President then told his guests that when he was governor of the South-south state of Bayelsa, he consistently sponsored Muslims, who were minority in the state, to Mecca.

Mr. Jonathan then requested the Sultan and other members of the delegation to help pressure the governors to refrain from any form of religious discrimination.

The President had in March 2013 raised the same concern when he hosted the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led Federal Government delegation to the 2012 Christian Pilgrimage to Jerusalem at the Presidential Villa.

Responding to complaints by Mr. Oritsejafor that some states from the North did not sponsor any pilgrim for 2012, Mr. Jonathan had said, “If some states are sponsoring pilgrims of one religion and leaving out the other, that is against the law. Nigeria is a secular state and so nobody should be discriminated against based on religious belief.”

At the meeting with the Sultan and his delegation, President Jonathan reiterated that position, saying the governors discriminating against Christians in their states should have a change of heart and do the right thing, our sources said.

The president spoke about pilgrimages and state sponsorship at a time many Nigerians are pushing for governments to withdraw from spending public funds on pilgrimages to Mecca and Jerusalem.

The Presidential Committee on the Restructuring and Rationalisation of Federal Government Parastatals, Commission and Agencies, which Mr. Jonathan himself empanelled, had recommended the scrapping of both the National Hajj Commission and the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission.

The Stephen Oronsaye-led committee had argued that it was wrong and unnecessary for government to continue to waste scarce public funds on personal religious obligations of citizens.

The Kano State Government recently said it saved more than N1 billion following its decision to stop sponsoring pilgrims to Mecca and Jerusalem.

Speaking in Kano at the 30th Memorial Anniversary of Mallam Aminu Kano, Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso said the funds so saved was ploughed into education, transportation and health projects.

“There is nowhere Islam allows for the removing of public funds to sponsor individuals on pilgrimages,” Mr. Kwankwaso said at the event.

A source at the NSCIA-Jonathan meeting said, “We were shocked when the president veered off the issue at stake and then began to talk about sponsorship of pilgrims to Jerusalem.

“It is either he has forgotten the recommendations of a committee he set up himself or he is not interested in implementing the report of the committee.”

The delegation had visited the president to complain about alleged lopsidedness in the composition of the 492-member National Conference, saying there were far more Christians at the confab than Muslims.

According to a presidency source familiar with the deliberations at the meeting, the Sultan, who spoke on behalf of the delegation, told Mr. President that as the leader of Nigerian Muslims, he was under tremendous pressure from Muslim leaders and organisations across the country about the alleged lopsided in the composition of the conference.

He informed the president that his members were becoming impatient and restless and that Mr. Jonathan needed to act fast to defuse tension.

The Sultan, who was said to have spoken “eloquently and without mincing words”, also asked the President to do everything necessary to make the Conference succeed.

In his response, President Jonathan said he was not aware of the implication of the composition of the conference and promised to make amends, insiders say.

He also urged the Sultan and his delegation to pass extensive messages to Muslims across the country that he would not deliberately do anything that is unfair to any group or religion in the country.
- See more at: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/157891-exclusive-jonathan-fumes-north-west-governors-reluctance-sponsor-christian-pilgrims-jerusalem.html#sthash.fkZP6kTr.HaBBVk2t.dpuf
..............................................................................................................

Where did you see Kano State Sponsoring Muslims?
Your attempt to promote falsehood is pathetic

2 Likes

Re: by koboko69: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2014
Seun...slap this thing on FP oooo, i dont want to make trouble this morning. angry
Re: by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2014
koboko69: Seun...slap this thing on FP oooo, i dont want to make trouble this morning. angry
Seun Please in the interest of fairness and equity, sanction this thread to FP.

I hope he does
Re: by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2014
caseless: u ar a poached rhino for thinking kwankwaso sponsored muslims to hajj and not doing so for xtains. Tell me how many muslims theodore orji, sulivan chime , or peter obi sent for hajj when they sent xtains to jerusalem frm their various states.
Who celebrate such gesture in the first place that u are even here using it to back up ur argument?
The LIAR that doesn't follow activities of government thinks he can fool everybody. Kwankwaso has told religious people that he can partner to organise their Hajj but they will bear the cost from A to Z

1 Like

Re: by Rawani: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2014
[size=13pt]PDP is a party that has left Nigerians worse off than they were four years ago

PDP is a party that produced two university graduates as president/vp, but has not helped to develop the country in the past three years.

PDP is a heartless party that invites parents of kidnapped girls to the villa for commiseration instead of going to them.

PDP is a party that has fraud, looting, mismanagement of funds at its core & has institutionalised corruption over the course of 3 administrations.

PDP is a party that has lied about when there will be stable electricity for 16 years.

PDP is a party that passionately preaches politics of ethnicity and hatred to it's members/cankerworms.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: by anago90: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
it's obvious the guy that open the first thread is naive or don't know how opposition works in saner climes. the dude should just go and watch the legislative session of the British Parliament and see the grilling of the PM. or the Republican and Democrat debacle. every Obama move gat blocked even a last minute compromise prevented a shut down in the government working like three or four years ago.

back to the matter of this thread, anyway every sane human knows PDP is the perfect model and s.i unit of evil and all negativity. but Nigerians are programmed to be dumb and emotional fiddlesticks. with no sense of direction other than clannish, primordial, emotional decision taking and emotional thought process.

I can't imagine any sane human supporting gej, but the reverse is the case in my country. where people just wanna support a gross failure for just tribal alliances and other very laughable reasons. that makes one conclude that Nigerians really deserve all the pain, sufferings, teeth gnashing, death and misery.

2 Likes

Re: by Abok1(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
As a matter of principle, I surround myself with millionaires and intellects, if i want to be intelligent and wealthy, its all in the will power and association. The question should be, what calibre of people surround Jonathan? Who are his advisers and PR guys? The answer is simply embarrassing to say the least.

On one hand you've got the militants, on the other side you have ex-convicts, pardoned thieves, that it would suffice to call the president "GEJ and the forty thieves" and you are 100% spot on.

The GEJ supporters forget so fast that they are part of the same party holding the masses to ransom for the last 15 years, PDP. The presidents handlers are incompetent in the delivery of their duties and in saner climes, they have no business in governance let alone being associated with the president. While the President makes no effort whatsoever to change the status quo, but would rather make assumptions in addressing the problem. constantly blaming the opposition for his woes, when he is the commander in chief of a sovereign nation. If the oppositions hands are not clean, make efforts to prosecute them, and if you can't then focus on delivering good governance to the masses.

When the president lists wining the african nations cup as an achievement, speaks volume about the mediocre standard set by his administration.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
@Rawani, this is another thread that PDP apologists and employees will avoid like a plague. I have been monitoring comments and I saw some of them peeping. One even tried to sell propaganda but was countered. i am waiting for them
Re: by anago90: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2014
ANAMBRA11: u even mentioned anago like say tunde get sense,u wan spoil ur thread

the cursed idi0t that cursed the biosphere with your birth is more senseless than an ostrich.
Re: by Caseless: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: They have even plunged Nigeria to crisis and troubles. You see how they use religion and tribe as a basis for loyalty and judgement?
ordinary stealing we were told by pdp/gej is not corruption.
Pdp is a ruling party that encourages or celebrates the following:
1.bare-faced corruption
2.cluelessness
3. Oil theft
4. Militancy
5. Boko haram/Insurgency
6. Poor educational sector
7. Poor health sector and.
8. Darkness/epileptic power supply and poor road network.
9. Thuggery
10. Rigging
11. Killing of innocent lives.
12. 'Clannishness'.
13. Divisive politics using religion and ethnicity, etc.
who in his right senses celebrate or accept this killer party called pdp?

1 Like

Re: by Orunto: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2014
PDP IS BARCANISTA KOBOKO TO WEED ARAB BOKOHARAM OUT OF NIGERIA ON OR BEFORE JAN. 2015.
Re: by anago90: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2014
this thread will never make front page, y'all should stop begging for it. this site is PDP online branch.
Re: by justineu(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: In saner climes, the ruling party plays according to the rules. They are civil and not inciting. They respect Opposition party as a vital organ of the society rather than enemies of the State. They also uphold the laws of the Land above partisanship.
But what do we have?

1. The PDP Spokesman and her chieftains accused the APC to be "muslim brotherhood" "Islamic Party"... Thereby inciting the Christians and the muslims against each other.

2. Chief Arthur Eze, PDP Chieftain in the Presence of the President Called APC "Awolowo Party" or literally "Yoruba Party"- Thereby promoting ethnic rivalry

4. The President publicly said a particular tribe(Igbo) is the pillar of his Government, thereby promoting tribal hatred and ethnic bickering

LOL!!! This tin can pain eeh

Buh seriously dats d real fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor / Why Are There No Pre-colonial Opposition Figures From Odua? / Wike To Hold His Thanksgiving Service At Salvation Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.