Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? (2223 Views)

How Long Can A Litre Of Fuel Last In An 8000SE Sumec Gen? / Scientist Invent Death Test That Tell Us How Long We Will Live / How Long Can A 2 Kva Inverter With 2 Truck Batteries Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? by Spandy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Somebody brought this to my office today for sale, he said it can carry all my appliances at home and that you only need to charge it and use. I dont know much about this inverter stuff and it would make a lot of sense if its true since I am working in a very remote area were there is no light. Pls anybody with a good info on this should pls enlighten me.

48v 220V 600w Power Inverter electric power supply DC48V to AC 220V 600W voltage

Re: Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? by macklef(m): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
How much did he offer to sell you?
Is it locally made/foreign.
Judgeing from the specs you provided. A 600W inverter is synonymous to a tiger generator. It can power anything below 500watts.
A Tv, a fan and bulbs(about 5 led bulbs)
You can calculate what your inverter can carry by looking up the appliances in your home.
Lets say your Tv is 100W, your fan is 100W and your lighting consume 100W. Tecnically you have about 300w of voltage unused. But about 200-250/300 can be used to be on the safe side, incase the inverter capacity is overstated.
How long it will last depends on how many battries and the MAH of the battery.
As i can see, its a 48v inverter meaning you need 4 battries. That can last you for more than 15hours on trailer battery. But very expensive to buy an inverter of 48v, not every one has money to buy 4 battries at once.
Re: Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? by Spandy(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
macklef: How much did he offer to sell you?
Is it locally made/foreign.
Judgeing from the specs you provided. A 600W inverter is synonymous to a tiger generator. It can power anything below 500watts.
A Tv, a fan and bulbs(about 5 led bulbs)
You can calculate what your inverter can carry by looking up the appliances in your home.
Lets say your Tv is 100W, your fan is 100W and your lighting consume 100W. Tecnically you have about 300w of voltage unused. But about 200-250/300 can be used to be on the safe side, incase the inverter capacity is overstated.
How long it will last depends on how many battries and the MAH of the battery.
As i can see, its a 48v inverter meaning you need 4 battries. That can last you for more than 15hours on trailer battery. But very expensive to buy an inverter of 48v, not every one has money to buy 4 battries at once.
great information. So I will need to buy batteries before I can use it? He said he is selling it to me for 12k
Re: Inverter,how Many Applainces Can It Carry And For How Long? by macklef(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
Spandy:
great information. So I will need to buy batteries before I can use it? He said he is selling it to me for 12k
12k is not a bad price, but yes u need batteries for it to function. If such worked without battries/charging, no 1 would have nepa/phcn time at all.
Battries cost about 20k each(trailer battrry) they d best to use. About 5hrs+ on usage wen fully charged.

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step To Create Your Own Power Bank (with Pictures) / Android 2.1 Tablet Pc Clearance Sales! / Fellow Physicists And Geniuses, Let Us Delibrate On Dark Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.