Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading (1803 Views)

Boko Haram Beheading A Man & Stealing (Video Via Sahara Reporters) / Indonesia Executes 4 Nigerians...these NIGERIANS Will Shock And Not Amaze You. / (photo) 4 Drug Traffickers Excrete 171 Wraps Of Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by chineloSA(f): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
Saudi Arabia executes 4 drug traffickers by beheading

Posted about 3 hours ago | 0 comment
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (BNO NEWS) -- Four drug traffickers from Syria and Iran were decapitated by sword in northern and eastern Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the government said, disregarding concerns raised by human rights organizations and raising the number of people executed over the last month to 30.

Three of the latest executions took place in the northern Al Jawf Region, while the fourth took place at an unspecified location in the kingdom's eastern region, according to four separate statements issued by the Saudi Interior Ministry. It warned that the government will continue to carry out harsh punishments against those who traffic drugs.

The men executed in the Al Jawf Region were all Syrian nationals, identified as Hamoud Fayez Hassoun, Hassan Taha Musalamani, and Youssef Abdullah al-Halqi. They were convicted of smuggling "a large quantity of banned amphetamine pills" and had confessed to their crimes before the courts sentenced them to death, the interior ministry said. It did not say whether the men were part of the same drug-trafficking ring.

The fourth execution took place in Saudi Arabia's eastern region, where Iranian national Raza Abbas Fadhil Aderisawi was beheaded by sword after the courts upheld his death sentence. The interior ministry said Aderisawi was convicted of smuggling "a large quantity of hashish" into the kingdom by sea, but provided no further details about his case.

"The Interior Ministry reminds the public that the Government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud) - may Allah protect him - continues the fight against drugs of all kinds as it inflicts serious harm on the individual and society," the ministry said in its statement. "The most severe penalties on the perpetrators are derived from the righteous approach of Sharia law."

Tuesday's beheadings raise the number of people executed in Saudi Arabia since the beginning of August to 30, leading to condemnation from human rights organizations as many have been killed for non-lethal crimes. "Any execution is appalling, but executions for crimes such as drug smuggling or sorcery that result in no loss of life are particularly egregious," said Sarah Leah Whitson of Human Rights Watch.

Amnesty International also expressed its concern last month after four family members were executed on the same day for merely possessing hashish. "The recent increase in executions in Saudi Arabia is a deeply disturbing deterioration. The authorities must act immediately to halt this cruel practice," said Said Boumedouha of Amnesty International.

At least 45 people have been executed in Saudi Arabia so far this year, following 79 executions last year. The kingdom applies the death penalty for a large number of crimes, including drug offenses, apostasy, sorcery and witchcraft. Both witchcraft and sorcery are not defined as crimes in Saudi Arabia, but human rights organizations say such charges have been used to prosecute people for exercising their right to freedom of speech or religion.

(Copyright 2014 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: sales@bnonews.com.)

http://wireupdate.com/saudi-arabia-executes-4-drug-traffickers-by-beheading.html
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by tutaboi(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Picture nko? Most I go to dat link
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Ajekpakororo: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
well its their country,thier religion,their laws,their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
we should adopt this against corruption.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Idrismusty97(m): 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
This goes to show that you can't stop crime no matter the punishment. Those drug traffickers probably know the law in that country but they still go on. Even if they were told they would be burnt alive they would still continue.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by ratiken(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli: we should adopt this against corruption.

Which judiciary will prosecute offenders? this same useless and extremely corrupt judiciary?

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by brownlord: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amnesty international and their fellow animal right should STFU, the guys knew what await them before engaging in such act.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Tolexander: 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Obiagelli: we should adopt this against corruption.
and you think that will work, totally eradicating corruption in Nigeria?

For how long has the law to kill any drug trafficker in the countries been existing? Yet many people still engage in peddling drugs to those countries.

Well, i think it will reduce the corruption any way.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
ratiken:

Which judiciary will prosecute offenders? this same useless and extremely corrupt judiciary?
The government can get the assembly to set up special courts. It takes a serious leader though.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Tolexander: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord: Amnesty international and their fellow animal right should STFU, the guys knew what await them before engaging in such act.
where there is no law, there is no sin.
Anyone that has violated the rule should face the punishment. The activists should go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tolexander: and you think that will work, totally eradicating corruption in Nigeria?

For how long has the law to kill any drug trafficker in the countries been existing? Yet many people still engage in peddling drugs to those countries.

Well, i think it will reduce the corruption any way.
I don't think that law against trafficking still works, it was revoked by IBB i think. It was super effective under Buhari/Idiagbon.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Idrismusty97(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ajekpakororo: well its their country,thier religion,their laws,their heads.
It is all about the law of the country not religion. China, India, Thailand, Laos, North Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Cuba, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Sri Lankan and even the United state Execute criminals for some cases of drug trafficking.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_for_drug_trafficking

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Oklander: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
Correct!!!

Nl Islamophobic bigots should come turn this into religious issues and start there brainless ranting, it's expected...and "we" don't give a phuck!
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chai
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by ALTRUTH(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Very good news....Keep the evil heads rolling one floor......
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by ALTRUTH(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Meanwhile, forget executions and see the colour of love:

https://www.nairaland.com/1884448/nairaland-proposal-desola
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by ratiken(m): 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
The government can get the assembly to set up special courts. It takes a serious leader though.
The assembly you refer to is the most corrupt entity after the police force. Will the special court be manned by non-nigerians?
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Caseless: 6:55am On Sep 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI comes to mind here.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by redsun(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2014
Very primitive people with primitive laws that can't differentiate governments from terrorists. This kind of primitive law will only be good for corrupt Nigerian politicians like tinnubu.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Caseless: 7:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Beheading , IMO is the most painful way to die. But these lawbreakers won't listen.
And the four executed men are from syria and iran, the two saudi's adversaries?
I smell something here.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Caseless: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2014
redsun: Very primitive people with primitive laws that can't differentiate governments from terrorists. This kind of primitive law will only be good for corrupt Nigerian politicians like tinnubu.
u are an attention-seeking toad!
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Truckpusher(m): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2014
caseless: Beheading , IMO is the most painful way to die. But these lawbreakers won't listen.
And the four executed men are from syria and iran, the two saudi's adversaries?
I smell something here.
I didn't hear you criticize ISIS beheading American Journalists in the same manner. angry

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by redsun(m): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
caseless: u are an attention-seeking toad!

Toad is more useful to nature than a subcreature like you or tinubbu.

Oh,that reminds me,tinnubu looks like a toad. grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Caseless: 7:13am On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: I didn't here you criticize ISIS beheading American Journalists in the same manner. angry
haba pusha-T, i hate isis more than anything. I stil cant watch that video. For 3 days , i wasn't myself...as the beheading of jim foley dominated the headlines then.
Beheading is so excruciating for any sane mind to justify, especially when carried out by the terrorists.
If u wan kill person, just kill am. Why beheading?
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Truckpusher(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2014
caseless: haba pusha-T, i hate isis more than anything. I stil cant watch that video. For 3 days , i wasn't myself...as the beheading of jim foley dominated the headlines then.
Beheading is so excruciating for any sane mind to justify, especially when carried out by the terrorists.
If u wan kill person, just kill am. Why beheading?
Ok then brother. grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by simpleseyi: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2014
Ajekpakororo: well its their country,thier religion,their laws,their heads.

Does your own religion supports and encourages hard drug trafficking and abuse? No wonder why Terry G. started singing from the choir and is now always on overdose hard drugs, likewise Majek Fashek and other drug addicts.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Lilimax(f): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2014
Saudi does not joke with drug related offence
When caught, you'll be beheaded so steer clear embarassed
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2014
Man finds delight in taking man's life!

With or without the law, men will surely be butchered.

Those who justify the severing of a man's head by another man whether backed by any or not are equally guilty!

"Let him without sin be the first to cast stone!"

there are better ways of punishing crime than severing a man's head in a manner less dignified than killing a goat!

Yet, let me state this one thing:

Man is a sinner from birth, as no amount of law can stop a goat from eating grass, no amount of laws and death penalties can stop man from sinning.

Those who support and celebrate the killings may not be guilty of drug trafficing or corruption but are surely guilty in soem other thing.
Or is there a Mr. No Single Sin?

Christ is the only hope for all men!
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2014
Hypocrites! There's no supply without the corresponding demand. You people demand for their hard drugs then turn back to kill them. So much for beheading when even their royals are drug addicts.
Re: Saudi Arabia Executes 4 Drug Traffickers By Beheading by RayPsst(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2014
PERFECT!!

We need no crackheads in that part of the world.

(1) (Reply)

My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! / AFCON QUALIFIER: Check Full List Of Players Invited By Keshi For Sudan / A Man Gets A Knock-out Kick For Calling Someone A Ka**ir At An ATM (south Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.