Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

22 Very Important Google Search Tricks - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks (30787 Views)

56 Google Search Tricks. Curious??? Read / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by pussypounder(m): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
my dad wants me to stop posting on nairaland else hes gonna smash my head into the keyboaevfrhebpifvrinehvfrqkmwqkdmjwediefcrji
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by TopWinner(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Can't I ask when NEPA will bring light? Just so that I'll know when to start treking to the Viewing Center ;DCan't I ask when NEPA will bring light? Just so that I'll know when to start treking to the Viewing Center
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by yogun(f): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nice to know
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by mcpat(m): 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
I expected to see new tricks, these are kinda stale.. All the same thanks for sharing
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by blaxx: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
darlingnuel: I tried the one about finding your IP address but it only brought out general search info about IP address blah blah blah. How can I know my IP address?
Which device are you using?
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by chismo007(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin [color=#770077][/color] grin
Google no fit talk the last time when I eat
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by condralbede(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
MarieSucre: . do you stay in Benin?
Nop....waoo.Maybe next tym shaa.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by blaxx: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dbestmax: Hueva said google isn't DBEST is probably a product of d 15th century
Try dogpile, duckduckgo, blekko, ixquick, yippie, gigablast.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by archland22: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me! i stay in kaduna.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by IDERAWOLE(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is highly helpful & informative. Thanks for sharing.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by fidzy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
This ain't new na
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by goldentee(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
darlingnuel: I tried the one about finding your IP address but it only brought out general search info about IP address blah blah blah. How can I know my IP address?
Type-in ip2location.com via your browser
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by poiZon: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
google is so dumb n stupid, just googled WHO AM I?
na jackie chan n owen wilson's movie WHO AM I e come tell me.
meanwhile its poizon asking. abeg i tite pass am.
#teamuseyourhead#
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by olempe(m): 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
Just type "IP address" it will show it at the top.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Karleb(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
Go to Google

type "who's the cutest"

Click on I'm feeling lucky button

Then you'll see "you are"

A trail will convince you wink
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Mobsync(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2014

Go to ip2location.com
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by boldan: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
lease nairalanders i need your assistance...i feel like killing myself .am jobless and i need help..i studied architecture and am very good in in autocad,revit and site supervision..i have good experience in construction work..i have Hnd upper credit......i dont know anybody.....please help me! i stay in kaduna.
(Quote) (Re

Please don't allow that evil feelings any more as it is not from God.
One thing I can assure you of is you will get a job.I know what I am talking about because I've passed through this type of situation.
Never lose hope, because very soon your heart desire will come to pass.
However, in the meantime, please walk around where you are aand try and get something doing even if it is as small as teaching primary school children.
You need this to keep yourself busy, so that you will quickly put away that feeling of killing yourself.
Never you stay at home all by yourself alone, find something to keep yoursellf busy. Put your total and absolute trust in God and you will have a testimony. The God of heaven that did mine will do your own in Jesus Name. Amen. My brother keep faith and keep hope alive, it is well

1 Like

Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by peleson: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Raddie: Looking for a particular info/syntax on a particular web page eg nairaland, fao.org, olx....etc.
Type "the word, webpage"
eg "goat farming, nairaland"

Enjoy!
Coolies
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by tk4rd: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
HE FORGOT TO TYPE THAT YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE "I AM FEELING LUCKY" BUTTON, INSTEAD OF THE "SEARCH" BUTTON.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by speakthetruth: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
DStarrx: To most people, Google is nothing more than a regular search engine where you type in keywords and questions and a couple of relevant links containing answers are displayed. But to many others who are in the know, Google is much more than that. It has become a multipurpose tool that you can utilize for performing a couple of day-to-day tasks.

Google has really changed the way we see and use the internet in so short a time and it's poised to even do more. Today, Google has added some cool features to its search engine platform which many people still do not know about. Below is a compilation of some of the coolest ways the big G is many life easier. With Google you will be able to:

1. Check today's date

Format: What is today

2. Know the current time in your locality and elsewhere

Format: City time

Examples: Enugu time, Tokyo time

3. Know when it is sunrise and sunset anywhere in the world

Formats: Sunrise time city, Sunset time city

Examples: Sunrise time Cape Town, Sunset time London

4. Get to know the English Premier League (and other competitions') fixtures, results, table and latest scores

Formats: EPL fixtures, EPL results, EPL table, UEFA Champions League fixtures, La Liga table, e.t.c.

5. Run scientific calculations

Formats: Google calculator, or manually e.g 546 x 664, 78 + 54, 2^2, 6 cos 7

6. Get the definitions, synonyms, antonyms and etymologies of words

Formats: Define word, Word definition, Word synonym, Word antonym, Etymology of word, e.t.c.

Examples: Define xenoglossy, Etymology of democracy

7. Convert measurements online

Examples: 458 feet to yards, 65 centimeters to miles, 34 kilograms to pounds

8. Convert currencies online

Examples: 1 dollar to naira, 1 yen to yuan, 1 pound to euro

9. Set a timer

Examples: Set timer for 10 minutes, Set timer for 1 hour

10. Discover the distance between cities and towns

Format: Distance between CityA and CityB

Example: Distance between Onitsha and Lagos

11. Know the weather conditions

Format: Temperature of City

Examples: Temperature of Jos, Temperature of Abuja

12. Know popular books, movies and works by famous authors, movie makers, actors, artists etc

Formats: Books by Author, Movies by Director, Works by Artist, etc

Examples: Books by Achebe, Movies by Spielberg, Works by Michelangelo

13. Know a movie's casts

Format: Cast of Movie

Examples: Casts of Guardians of the Galaxy, Casts of Hercules, Casts of Half of A Yellow Sun

14. Translate words

Example: Translate book to Igbo

15. Check a flight status

Example: Virgin Atlantic 201

16. Get local cinema listings

Formats: Movies for City, Movies for Area Code

Examples: Movies for Miami, Movies for 786

17. Extract data online

Examples: Unemployment rate of Britain, GDP growth rate of Nigeria

18. Track your package online

Examples: 1D4678767292920862, 1Z35678546492920862

19. Play a game online

Example: Play Pacman on Google

20. Get stock quotes

Format: Stock quote Company

Examples: Stock quote Apple, Stock quote Berkshire Hathaway, Stock quote Microsoft, Stock quote Google

21. Discover your IP address

Example: IP address

22. Highlight and ignore words

Examples: [Highlight word] GDP "statistics" in Nigeria (This will not display any webpage that does not have the term 'statistics' in it), [Ignore word] Education in developing countries -Nigeria (This will remove all webpages with the term 'Nigeria' when displaying the results)

Note: Most of these tricks only work on high-end smartphones, tablets and personal computers.

SOURCE

If you like this article please be the first among your friends to LIKE MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE HERE

Nice one
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by beanos(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2014

just go to the address bar and type www.cmyip.com click enter and your ip will surface. hope it helps. or better still click on the link directly.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Skybright227: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
Wow.....Nice one@op
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by God2man(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
DStarrx: To most people, Google is nothing more than a regular search engine where you type in keywords and questions and a couple of relevant links containing answers are displayed. But to many others who are in the know, Google is much more than that. It has become a multipurpose tool that you can utilize for performing a couple of day-to-day tasks.

Google has really changed the way we see and use the internet in so short a time and it's poised to even do more. Today, Google has added some cool features to its search engine platform which many people still do not know about. Below is a compilation of some of the coolest ways the big G is many life easier. With Google you will be able to:

1. Check today's date

Format: What is today

2. Know the current time in your locality and elsewhere

Format: City time

Examples: Enugu time, Tokyo time

3. Know when it is sunrise and sunset anywhere in the world

Formats: Sunrise time city, Sunset time city

Examples: Sunrise time Cape Town, Sunset time London

4. Get to know the English Premier League (and other competitions') fixtures, results, table and latest scores

Formats: EPL fixtures, EPL results, EPL table, UEFA Champions League fixtures, La Liga table, e.t.c.

5. Run scientific calculations

Formats: Google calculator, or manually e.g 546 x 664, 78 + 54, 2^2, 6 cos 7

6. Get the definitions, synonyms, antonyms and etymologies of words

Formats: Define word, Word definition, Word synonym, Word antonym, Etymology of word, e.t.c.

Examples: Define xenoglossy, Etymology of democracy

7. Convert measurements online

Examples: 458 feet to yards, 65 centimeters to miles, 34 kilograms to pounds

8. Convert currencies online

Examples: 1 dollar to naira, 1 yen to yuan, 1 pound to euro

9. Set a timer

Examples: Set timer for 10 minutes, Set timer for 1 hour

10. Discover the distance between cities and towns

Format: Distance between CityA and CityB

Example: Distance between Onitsha and Lagos

11. Know the weather conditions

Format: Temperature of City

Examples: Temperature of Jos, Temperature of Abuja

12. Know popular books, movies and works by famous authors, movie makers, actors, artists etc

Formats: Books by Author, Movies by Director, Works by Artist, etc

Examples: Books by Achebe, Movies by Spielberg, Works by Michelangelo

13. Know a movie's casts

Format: Cast of Movie

Examples: Casts of Guardians of the Galaxy, Casts of Hercules, Casts of Half of A Yellow Sun

14. Translate words

Example: Translate book to Igbo

15. Check a flight status

Example: Virgin Atlantic 201

16. Get local cinema listings

Formats: Movies for City, Movies for Area Code

Examples: Movies for Miami, Movies for 786

17. Extract data online

Examples: Unemployment rate of Britain, GDP growth rate of Nigeria

18. Track your package online

Examples: 1D4678767292920862, 1Z35678546492920862

19. Play a game online

Example: Play Pacman on Google

20. Get stock quotes

Format: Stock quote Company

Examples: Stock quote Apple, Stock quote Berkshire Hathaway, Stock quote Microsoft, Stock quote Google

21. Discover your IP address

Example: IP address

22. Highlight and ignore words

Examples: [Highlight word] GDP "statistics" in Nigeria (This will not display any webpage that does not have the term 'statistics' in it), [Ignore word] Education in developing countries -Nigeria (This will remove all webpages with the term 'Nigeria' when displaying the results)

Note: Most of these tricks only work on high-end smartphones, tablets and personal computers.

SOURCE

If you like this article please be the first among your friends to LIKE MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE HERE

creativity
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by omogbadebo(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
darlingnuel: I tried the one about finding your IP address but it only brought out general search info about IP address blah blah blah. How can I know my IP address?[b][/b]

Type in your browser address bar ' what is my browser'
You will get detailed information about your device.
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by souljaboi51(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
i played pac mannnn....its been ages. days of family comm grin grin grin
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
litetias:
Ekpan abi Uvwie. Ekpan boys nor get mouth na

henrypraise:

see these waffi boys oo cheesy... ama @dsc
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
Jhayson: Heeeehehehehehehe.....front page tinz grin grin grin grin
I use google for so many things especially measurement , calculator, today's date , Langauge/slang translation, spellings , finding someone and entering into any forum of my choice and Most Especially :

ACADEMIC LITERATUREs .... I have downloaded thousands of Journals through Google
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by SpaceGoat: 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
Raddie: Looking for a particular info/syntax on a particular web page eg nairaland, fao.org, olx....etc.
Type "the word, webpage"
eg "goat farming, nairaland"

Enjoy!
undecided angry
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Raddie(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lilimax: Google leads while others follow... smiley
Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Raddie(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lilimax: Google leads while others follow... smiley
In our part of the world Yes!
Like someone rightly said it's mostly common words!
But when you need to do some serious research, geez, there are lots of them. I'll come up with some wonderful ones later, a little bit tired.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks by Raddie(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
blaxx:
Try dogpile, duckduckgo, blekko, ixquick, yippie, gigablast.

BLESSED!
Tell him, seems he's the one stuck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo) / Sylvester Oromoni's 12th Posthumous Birthday (Pictures, Video) / I Lost My Jamb Registration Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.