Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life (27622 Views)

MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Checkout This Hilarious Invitation To A Birthday Party In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Anyone staying in maryland here?
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by oathman(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
so funny
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Bank450(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lolzzzzz, why always you... When good things start coming your way, you must also shout why always me o. You have to suffer small before you smile grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by AmakaDNB(f): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by javispj(m): 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
LWKM....
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by toluine56(m): 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
Wonderful piece jawe.
Tempted to make you ma role model...chimamanda's sis
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by gabi98(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
am sorry for you embarassed
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by niggi4life(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
hahahahahahahahaha....what a lovely way to end the night after several pictures of scary snakes on FP before grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by MRCAMPBELL: 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
lols......u are such a good writer.. the story line is so captivating and a thrill to read and then the hillarious way u aim ur words at us.[i][/i]
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by MrZachs(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
lielie
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by chichriso: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
blame Buhari for that
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Z8(m): 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I received a ping message inviting me for a birthday party.
That still voice kept telling me ''NaijaSingleGirl, don't go'' but I remained adamant.
The celebrant said she was going to send someone to come pick me up and take me back home when the evening party was over. This should be easy I thought.
First of all, I had thirty minutes to look for what to wear. It was 5:30pm and the birthday was meant to start by 6pm. No African time.
I eventually found a flare mini skirt but the waist was too large so I tied a scarf across it in place of a belt. Some minutes later, I was good to go.
A Keke Napep of all vehicles arrived with the celebrant brother. A keke is just a wheel barrow with a sitting area and it was painful watching all the swags I had disappear as I jumped in with my high heel sandals. I would have turned it down but I didn't want to come across as a conceited person. Maybe if I was in a relationship she would have sent a ferrari. Who knows?
Three minutes into the journey, a heavy rain began and the convertible looking keke napep was not spared. I arrived at the venue looking like a wet chicken. I was a total mess! The rain wiped out my makeup, the outline of my bra was showing and my skirt was dripping water.
I had to take off the scarf from my waist to wipe my face.
Then came the sympathies from the girls that arrived with Limos.
''Sorry o''. ''Eeyah'' ''let's ask the celebrant for a towel" ''Is your skirt oversized or what?''

Before I knew it, one of the girls handed me a camera and begged me to take them pictures. When I was done giving them 50 shots, none of them wanted to take shots with me. Who would anyway when I was looking like a drenched evil spirit.
I didn't know worse awaited me.
I stepped into the party room without realising there was a short staircase so I fell, ruining a heel from one pair of my sandals. One of the celebrant siblings rushed to pick me up promising she was going to give me a pair of bathroom slippers before I leave. How embarrassing could my day be?

I hurriedly limped to one corner and sat there going through MTN old messages in my phone. Anything to avoid everyone's eyes.
The party had a total of 38 guests inclusive of 36 females and two males. An all girls party? Eighteen girls to one guy? Obviously I was going to leave the party single again.
Oh well...
It was time for the opening prayer.
''You with the red mini skirt, lead us in prayer''
I turned only to realise the celebrant mother was talking to me. The celebrant mother? I thought this was meant to be an adult party for the 'not so old adults'
''In Jesus name, bless this day Lord'' was all I could stutter. If I had said more than that, I would have been weeping.
All I needed was a quiet time with Jesus so I could ask him why all of these was happening to me.
Immediately I was done with my sentence, they started sharing birthday rice. I've never been to such a brief party all my life!
Snap, Pray, Eat and Vamoose. Nice one I thought.
Everyone was served exception of me.
I had to feel my body if I mistakenly wore my invisible cloak.
At that point I started chewing on my invisible gum while other guests who were done with their food looked at me with pity.
''The girl with the short skirt has not eaten, give her food''
The celebrant mother told one of her girls with her Sango voice.
Everyone turned at me.
''I am not hungry'' I lied fighting back tears.
She didn't pay attention to me. A plate of rice was shoved into my hands. Seconds later, the two guys at the party were headed towards me. Among all the girls here, they found me attractive.
Hallelujah!
Something to compensate myself for, I thought.
The first thing one of them said was
''Hello NSG, are you born again? You think life is all about fried rice & mini skirt''
I almost choked on the rice.
Apparently, they were from the celebrant church & I was thinking they fancied me.
Both of them spent the next twenty five minutes preaching to me while I was swallowing my rice one grain after other. I blamed my short skirt for putting me through that.
Eventually, a mini altar-call was done for me there and everyone watched while I proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour.
After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?

Men a series of unfortunate events... Damn grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Donbasi(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Babe u funny walahi, u just added a big laugh to my day wow was funny I couldn't help laughing out real loud.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by yuzedo: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Fücking love you, NSG! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by dania30(f): 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Naijasinglegirl...I always look forward to your piece. You have a way of leaving a stupid grin on my face grin
And hey! I'm a big fan kiss #nohomo cheesy
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by eROCK247(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?

Wild imagination, beautifully constructed writeup...I like!
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by wiseoneking: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
LITTLE FOOUUL, I THINK IT SHOULD BE YOUR BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER. YOU ARE NOW BORN AGAIN AND HEAVEN BOUND. IT IS A GREAT BLESSING IN DISGUISE. REJOICE FOR JESUS IS NOW IN YOU AND GO AND SEE NO MORE
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by ojkalito(m): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=Gboliwe post=25980798]So hilarious! grin grin grin grin

You are full of humour. grin

Everytime I read your stories, I laugh like a foooool. I hear its good for the heart.
Keep it up[mumu wetin funny there
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by vinelli(m): 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nice write up
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
This post is from 2014! Who pushed this to the front page... it is like giving me stale bread to eat.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
I know one day u will make us proud by seeing ur face.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by verygudbadguy(m): 11:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good job.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lolz i always look forward to your write-ups ,always interesting and very funny
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by jamb20s: 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Download latest nollywood movies directly to your android phone at ease , visit www.videocrat.com to install the app
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by bettercreature(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by activelyA(f): 12:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Old MTN messages. grin grin
That's just the height cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by shizzy7(f): 12:05am On Sep 01, 2015
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by shizzy7(f): 12:06am On Sep 01, 2015
....Let me read your story before I comment

2014,,Op how did you bribe the mods??
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by haytripple(m): 12:08am On Sep 01, 2015
That was d kind of lie peter told in the bible 189BC bt anyways nice write up...I think u shd give novel writing a try
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by BobUg28(m): 12:20am On Sep 01, 2015
"You think all is about fried rice and mini-skirt" this got me guffawing.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by southernbelle(f): 1:28am On Sep 01, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy op, your story is veeery funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Deaf Couple Weds In Rare Ceremony After Dating Via SMS / My Pre-wedding Pictures / Happy Birthday To A Proud Nairalander.... Beautiful Photos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.