Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life (27623 Views)

MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Checkout This Hilarious Invitation To A Birthday Party In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by MistadeRegal(m): 1:30am On Sep 01, 2015
Hey! Who still have that picture of how village witches "ta" "mo" "danfo" to follow their "prey" to Lagos?
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by comfy16(f): 1:48am On Sep 01, 2015
so hilarious. l cant help but laugh. U made my nite thanks NSG
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by SmartMugu: 1:59am On Sep 01, 2015
mayorjosh:
C wat buhari has caused angry
What has Buhari caused this time? The rain or the keke?
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by possibilita(m): 2:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Somebody give her AY,s number this storyline is good for AYs crib.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 01, 2015
''In Jesus name, bless this day Lord'' was all I could stutter. If I had said more than that, I would have been weeping.
All I needed was a quiet time with Jesus so I could ask him why all of these was happening to me.
cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy embarassed
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 3:46am On Sep 01, 2015
Realgana:
My DAD died on my 24th birthday which is exactly 8th of October,2013,for that I wont celebrate my birthday ever again.
Naijasinglegirl I will come back and read your hilarious write up later.
I am so sorry. Please accept my sympathy.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 3:47am On Sep 01, 2015
yuzedo:
Fücking love you, NSG! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 3:50am On Sep 01, 2015
shizzy7:
....Let me read your story before I comment

2014,,Op how did you bribe the mods??
Lol. No my dear. I honestly didn't know my posts were featured until I checked my email and saw messages from Nairaland.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Naijasinglegirl: 3:52am On Sep 01, 2015
haytripple:
That was d kind of lie peter told in the bible 189BC bt anyways nice write up...I think u shd give novel writing a try
Everything was true. Btw, I have a very nice novel for publication. Will be released before the year ends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by slimmyjimmy(m): 5:06am On Sep 01, 2015
So u don finaly settle
The novel go rech benin? grin
Naijasinglegirl:

Everything was true. Btw, I have a very nice novel for publication. Will be released before the year ends.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by JayJustus(m): 6:33am On Sep 01, 2015
the punch line tho... "why always me?"

OP must be balotellis distant cousin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by zikray: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2015
sadChaichaichai...
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Otunba4eva: 7:00am On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmmmm

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by noblegrex: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2015
Very funny.but it sounds like a script.cos I don't know y a friend will invite u to a perty to face such humiliations no matter your background.it wasn't as if u were there uninvited.haba! what trash.you called her your FRIEND.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by MrCounselor: 8:24am On Sep 01, 2015
Your write-up was epic
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Caseless: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Gboliwe:
So hilarious! grin grin grin grin

You are full of humour. grin

Everytime I read your stories, I laugh like a foooool. I hear its good for the heart.
Keep it up
smh!
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Leonyluiz(m): 8:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmm

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by KingRaoul: 9:06am On Sep 01, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I received a ping message inviting me for a birthday party.
That still voice kept telling me ''NaijaSingleGirl, don't go'' but I remained adamant.
The celebrant said she was going to send someone to come pick me up and take me back home when the evening party was over. This should be easy I thought.
First of all, I had thirty minutes to look for what to wear. It was 5:30pm and the birthday was meant to start by 6pm. No African time.
I eventually found a flare mini skirt but the waist was too large so I tied a scarf across it in place of a belt. Some minutes later, I was good to go.
A Keke Napep of all vehicles arrived with the celebrant brother. A keke is just a wheel barrow with a sitting area and it was painful watching all the swags I had disappear as I jumped in with my high heel sandals. I would have turned it down but I didn't want to come across as a conceited person. Maybe if I was in a relationship she would have sent a ferrari. Who knows?
Three minutes into the journey, a heavy rain began and the convertible looking keke napep was not spared. I arrived at the venue looking like a wet chicken. I was a total mess! The rain wiped out my makeup, the outline of my bra was showing and my skirt was dripping water.
I had to take off the scarf from my waist to wipe my face.
Then came the sympathies from the girls that arrived with Limos.
''Sorry o''. ''Eeyah'' ''let's ask the celebrant for a towel" ''Is your skirt oversized or what?''

Before I knew it, one of the girls handed me a camera and begged me to take them pictures. When I was done giving them 50 shots, none of them wanted to take shots with me. Who would anyway when I was looking like a drenched evil spirit.
I didn't know worse awaited me.
I stepped into the party room without realising there was a short staircase so I fell, ruining a heel from one pair of my sandals. One of the celebrant siblings rushed to pick me up promising she was going to give me a pair of bathroom slippers before I leave. How embarrassing could my day be?

I hurriedly limped to one corner and sat there going through MTN old messages in my phone. Anything to avoid everyone's eyes.
The party had a total of 38 guests inclusive of 36 females and two males. An all girls party? Eighteen girls to one guy? Obviously I was going to leave the party single again.
Oh well...
It was time for the opening prayer.
''You with the red mini skirt, lead us in prayer''
I turned only to realise the celebrant mother was talking to me. The celebrant mother? I thought this was meant to be an adult party for the 'not so old adults'
''In Jesus name, bless this day Lord'' was all I could stutter. If I had said more than that, I would have been weeping.
All I needed was a quiet time with Jesus so I could ask him why all of these was happening to me.
Immediately I was done with my sentence, they started sharing birthday rice. I've never been to such a brief party all my life!
Snap, Pray, Eat and Vamoose. Nice one I thought.
Everyone was served exception of me.
I had to feel my body if I mistakenly wore my invisible cloak.
At that point I started chewing on my invisible gum while other guests who were done with their food looked at me with pity.
''The girl with the short skirt has not eaten, give her food''
The celebrant mother told one of her girls with her Sango voice.
Everyone turned at me.
''I am not hungry'' I lied fighting back tears.
She didn't pay attention to me. A plate of rice was shoved into my hands. Seconds later, the two guys at the party were headed towards me. Among all the girls here, they found me attractive.
Hallelujah!
Something to compensate myself for, I thought.
The first thing one of them said was
''Hello NSG, are you born again? You think life is all about fried rice & mini skirt''
I almost choked on the rice.
Apparently, they were from the celebrant church & I was thinking they fancied me.
Both of them spent the next twenty five minutes preaching to me while I was swallowing my rice one grain after other. I blamed my short skirt for putting me through that.
Eventually, a mini altar-call was done for me there and everyone watched while I proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour.
After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?

If this story is real then ur one of the most funny people ever!!! If its not then ur one of the best writer ever. Wow way to make my day!
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by iheanyi40(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2015
lmao op u xo funny gringrin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2015
banjicom:
undecided i smell lies!

Me too guess the OP real name is oLAYinka undecided
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Erracticminion: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2015
i love your sense of humour and creativity in your write ups... I am now a fan of yours. grin
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by cristweeezy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
That still voice kept telling me ''NaijaSingleGirl, don't go'' but I remained adamant.
The celebrant said she was going to send someone to come pick me up and take me back home when the evening party was over. This should be easy I thought.
First of all, I had thirty minutes to look for what to wear. It was 5:30pm and the birthday was meant to start by 6pm. No African time.
I eventually found a flare mini skirt but the waist was too large so I tied a scarf across it in place of a belt. Some minutes later, I was good to go.
A Keke Napep of all vehicles arrived with the celebrant brother. A keke is just a wheel barrow with a sitting area and it was painful watching all the swags I had disappear as I jumped in with my high heel sandals. I would have turned it down but I didn't want to come across as a conceited person. Maybe if I was in a relationship she would have sent a ferrari. Who knows?
Three minutes into the journey, a heavy rain began and the convertible looking keke napep was not spared. I arrived at the venue looking like a wet chicken. I was a total mess! The rain wiped out my makeup, the outline of my bra was showing and my skirt was dripping water.
''Sorry o''. ''Eeyah'' ''let's ask the celebrant for a towel" ''Is your skirt oversized or what?''

Before I knew it, one of the girls handed me a camera and begged me to take them pictures. When I was done giving them 50 shots, none of them wanted to take shots with me. Who would anyway when I was looking like a drenched evil spirit.
I stepped into the party room without realising there was a short staircase so I fell, ruining a heel from one pair of my sandals. One of the celebrant siblings rushed to pick me up promising she was going to give me a pair of bathroom slippers before I leave. How embarrassing could my day be?

I hurriedly limped to one corner and sat there going through MTN old messages in my phone. Anything to avoid everyone's eyes.
The party had a total of 38 guests inclusive of 36 females and two males. An all girls party? Eighteen girls to one guy? Obviously I was going to leave the party single again.
Oh well...
I turned only to realise the celebrant mother was talking to me. The celebrant mother? I thought this was meant to be an adult party for the 'not so old adults'
Immediately I was done with my sentence, they started sharing birthday rice. I've never been to such a brief party all my life!
At that point I started chewing on my invisible gum while other guests who were done with their food looked at me with pity.
Everyone turned at me.
She didn't pay attention to me. A plate of rice was shoved into my hands. Seconds later, the two guys at the party were headed towards me. Among all the girls here, they found me attractive.
Hallelujah!
''Hello NSG, are you born again? You think life is all about fried rice & mini skirt''
Apparently, they were from the celebrant church & I was thinking they fancied me.
Both of them spent the next twenty five minutes preaching to me while I was swallowing my rice one grain after other. I blamed my short skirt for putting me through that.
Eventually, a mini altar-call was done for me there and everyone watched while I proclaimed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour.
After all said and done, I was handed a pair of bathroom slippers and whisked back into my keke napep.
Why always me?
balotelli...
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by cristweeezy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

Oh well...
Everyone turned at me.
Hallelujah!
Why always me?
'NSG' shud b Naija Single Girl... How dose brodas take know say u b NSG
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Sugahylz(f): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lmaooooo
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Geezy4real(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Chai...all dis 4 1 chick!? Pele, my dear! How i wish i was there to assist at least in giving u a shoulder to cry on... *singing U CAN PUT D BLAME ON ME*
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by pharmow: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Very funny and well written story.
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by QueenHeart(f): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Funny story cnt stop laughing,it helpd wiped off my tears*just lost my puppy this mrng. Bin crying since
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by bummyla(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
Thank You Jesus! Something Wonderful Still Happened On That Day! You Became Born Again! Hallelujah! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by zaicon1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
repect

Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by SweetyZinta(f): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sunbellar:
Nice fairy tale!
I tell U
Re: The Worst Birthday Party Of My Life by Victosin09(f): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
You go girl! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Deaf Couple Weds In Rare Ceremony After Dating Via SMS / My Pre-wedding Pictures / Happy Birthday To A Proud Nairalander.... Beautiful Photos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.