Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request (8385 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) / Voice Termination Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request by Peterwins(m): 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
My attention was drawn to a purported termination request sent by me to yahoo mail:

Dear Customer,

we received a request to terminate your Account and the

process has started by our Mail Team, Please give us 3 working Days to close your Account.

To cancel the termination request click[b] https://login.mail.com/cancel.php?account=cancel %40yahoo.com&cc=504e1eb49[/b]
All files on your yahoo mail including (Inbox, Sent, Spam, Trash, Draft) will be deleted and access to your Email address will be Denied.

Regards, Account Services

Do not attempt to respond to the mail IF you did not place a request for termination. The link (to cancel the termination), a purported / fraudulent Yahoo response form will seek your email address and password for verification. This fraud / hacking attempt is similar to fraudulent Bank emails seeking your banking details. DO NOT ENTER YOUR YAHOO MAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD. SPREAD THE WORD.
Re: Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
Looking to fix some yahoo related problems. Maybe sign up or sign in wahala? Here's a post that talks about it.
Re: Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request by seoph4jah: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
[b][/b] [i][/i] I RECEIVED THE SAME MAIL , I HAVE TO CHECKED MY TRUSTFUL NAIRALAND TO CONFIRM IT

Email Termination Request
YAHOO Security Inc. <osayandedlaw@gmail.com>
To
BCC seoph4jah@yahoo.com
Today at 4:36 PM
Dear Valued User,

We received a message from you requesting for your account termination, please ignore this message if the request was from you. Your account would be deleted from our system in the next 24hrs.

(Note: All mails in your inbox, spam, draft, and sent items would be deleted, and access to your account would be denied.)

Click on the cancel request if the message wasn't from you.

Cancel request

Cancel the termination request to keep enjoying Yahoo!

Thanks,
Yahoo

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More
Click to Reply, Reply All or Forward

(1) (Reply)

Cadbury, Guinness, Others Lost N472bn To Naira Depreciation – Meristem / Customers To Provide National Identity Number At Banks / What id the difference between a business name and a limited company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.