Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,760 members, 7,831,447 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

The Land Of The Deads(short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Land Of The Deads(short Story) (811 Views)

Who Offended The gods of the land? / In The Land Of S'EMENS / Land Of Shadows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Land Of The Deads(short Story) by absalom11(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
One evening, I was alone on the swing with the cool breeze blowing my direction. I was deep in thoughts; I had just lost my two close friends: David and Daniella. Their dad's car had an accident on their way to my house on my birthday. Its been a week now but its still fresh in my memory. David was my age mate but he was a visionary person. He lived a determined life, He once told me that one day he'll become the famous entrepreneur ever lived. Through out our secondary/tertiary institutions he had always been top of the class. He knew better than some of our teachers. He was smart. Deep in my thoughts, i felt something wet on my cheeks; it was tears. I was sobbing. It was to hard to bear. I felt my heart was cracking. I couldn't hold back the hurt so i decided to visit my Friends in the Land of the dead. I arrived at the portal to the Land of the dead, it opened to me of its own accord. With tears in my eyes i cried out; "David!! Daniella!!" but there was no response. It was dark and silent..Geez i was dead scared. I walked around the graves frightened, i saw something on a grave; It was a little boy of about 8yrs in spirit form sitting on his grave staring right at me. "My God!!! I am scared" i whispered. I was shocked and scared that i froze and stode still. Amazingly, this little boy smiled at me and bid me to come. Ah... It worsen the whole issue, now i began to wish i had not entered the portal. I turned around to run away then i discovered something scary; there were many spirits right on their graves too. I think i woke them up with my footsteps... Now i am really scared...
..... To be continued...
Re: The Land Of The Deads(short Story) by absalom11(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
I fell to my knees, buried my face in my hands. I knew the bible spoke about the spirit of boldness, i knew its 66 books, word for word but i only had the head knowledge. Now i understood what it meant when it said; "The letters kills but the spirit gives life." I knew the word but i never knew the author and right now i need him most. Still frightened, i heard a whisper; DNT BE SCARED, COME. I turned around and discovered it was that little boy. Still shivering, i walked over to his grave. He told not to be scared. We began to interact and i discovered that the grave is the richest place ever on earth. Harry, my newest dead friend who was 8yrs told me about his death. He died a natural death while sleeping. He shared his dreams and life visions with me. I couldn't help but shed tears. Harry longed to become a doctor; an ophthalmologist. Harry was very intelligent. I discovered that he was a born-leader. He had great ambitions. He was from a poor family. I sat speechless and stared into harry's eyes i saw something rolling down. It was tears. He told me something that i wont forget so soon; "Many men are buried with their dreams.".. I wept heavily. I remembered david, he too had dreams but died with it. Harry, looked at me and asked me some questions that i couldn't answer. All i could do was pick up myself from his grave, dusted myself and headed back to the portal leading back to the Land of the living. That was the only way to answer his questions because i discovered i really had no answers. These were the questions he asked me;"Lucky, what are your dreams? What are your visions? Have you achieved any? What are you doing about them? What are your goals for living? Have you found what is worth dying for? " He then said; "I wish i am alive. Lucky, You are lucky."... Am still thinking about those questions.

... the end....

1 Like

Re: The Land Of The Deads(short Story) by johnwizey: 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
Okay o...........tink am well

(1) (Reply)

Most Hilarious Literature Topic You Have Read/seen!!! / Badi Diwali Sms Wishes | Badi Diwali Shayari Images Wallpapers, Photo / The Battle Of The Sexes: Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.