Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. (4085 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / T.A Orji And Mr Alex Otti: Good Old Days (Photos) / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by aruzuoke(m): 2:06am On Sep 03, 2014
Abia stinks, says billionaire, Arthur Eze

By OUR REPORTER on September 2, 2014 · 

COVER

Shocks guests at 23rd anniversary of creation of state

It was a bad day for Gov. T.A Orji as he assembled a battery of illustrious personalities to celebrate the 23rd anniversary of the creation of Abia State in Umuahia last Wednesday. Rather than effusive praises, what came the way of the governor were censure and excoriation from no less a person than multi-billionaire, Chief Arthur Eze, who told the gathering dead pan: “Abia State stinks.” He then dropped the microphone, and walked out.

Venue was the Michael Okpara Auditorium in Umuahia, where the governor had gathered illustrious citizens of the state, some of whom were to be given awards to mark the 23rd anniversary.

In the sessions of comments that preceded the awards ceremony, Chief Eze was recognized to speak. But what he said sent cold chill running down the spines of majority of the people, particularly the governor.

“Abia is stinking,” Eze, believed to have the largest oil bloc in Africa, bellowed. The audience was stupefied in shock, but more was to come.

“Right from the Abia Tower in Umuahia, the rot hits you,” the oil magnate continued. “Abia State is now the dirtiest in the country. Garbage everywhere, along with bad roads. The people are really suffering, and you see it in their faces. Are there no elders in Abia again? If so, what are they doing? What are the senators, the members of House of Representatives, and other elected people doing? Nothing.”

Then, pointedly, Chief Eze told the governor: “If you do not know what to do again, please write to President Goodluck Jonathan, and let him come to your aid. Abia State needs help.”

Having given the gathering a piece of his mind, Eze dropped the microphone on the floor, and walked out.

It was a dazed Gov Orji who jerked himself out of stupor, and tried to rationalize what Arthur Eze had said. He said the man was referring to the collapsed Port Harcourt to Aba Expressway, which was a federal road.

But the explanation sounded hollow to the governor himself, and after some time, he left the venue of the ceremony, without taking questions from journalists, as such occasion would have demanded.

Confirming the story to Daily Sun, an associate of Chief Eze, said the state of Abia State was really dispiriting, with decay and despondency everywhere. ” I am sure most of the dignitaries quietly agreed with Chief Eze, only that they could not do so openly. One must commend Chief Eze’s courage for being bold enough to speak out. Not many people can do so today. In Abia State today, there is the son of one of the elected officials, called The Wind, who is like terror. He silences all opposition, and deals ruthlessly with anyone in opposition to the government. So, not many people can speak out. But we must commend Chief Eze for his boldness and conviction.”

Among dignitaries at the Abia anniversary event were Austin Akobundu, vice chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South-East, who was to receive an award, immediate past Chief of Army Staff, Gen Azubuike Ihejirika, PDP chairman in Abia State, Emmanuel Nwaka, party chieftains, and others.

Abia State was created in August 1991 by the Ibrahim Babangida administration alongside others like Osun, Delta,  and Jigawa.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Dreal1247: 2:27am On Sep 03, 2014
This is millenick disgrace. Though an open rebuke is better than secret love. The truth always needs to be told.

7 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by jeffizy(m): 3:26am On Sep 03, 2014
Crass as it sounded, he is the ONLY true friend of Orji at that particular gathering.

9 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Lobolintin(m): 5:07am On Sep 03, 2014
More blessing Arthur pendragon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by danio24ng(m): 5:10am On Sep 03, 2014
Chief Eze Arthur is my Nigerian of the year, I wish our pastors, imans, traditional rulers can voice the truth like he did, Nigeria will be the winner of such action.

12 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by bankyblue(m): 5:37am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 03, 2014
Arthur Eze is a classless dunderhead..... He talks anyhow....however I also do not support the glaring incompetencies of the news bar governor of Abia State.

I wonder why Chino's charity did not begin at home while conveniently posting Osun pix but his schizophrenic mind overlooked the huge geographical refuse dump called Abia State!
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by slimfit1(m): 6:40am On Sep 03, 2014
smartchoice: Arthur Eze is a classless dunderhead..... He talks anyhow....however I also do not support the glaring incompetencies of the news bar governor of Abia State.

People like you make Nigeria this bad.

16 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by godonzoki(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2014
Kudos to Chief Eze. But wait a minuite, did I hear he is a billionair? What wud happn if he starts d process of renovating d aba market and ask 4 d govt to refund over time? Guess he wud hv left his name on d sand of time. Its not enough to criticise, what has he done 4 d state b4 critizing the govt?

2 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by omowolewa: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Just stating the obvious. Abia state needs a hard working figure that can first, reverse the trend and then lead the state to its glory.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by asha80(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2014
godonzoki: Kudos to Chief Eze. But wait a minuite, did I hear he is a billionair? What wud happn if he starts d process of renovating d aba market and ask 4 d govt to refund over time? Guess he wud hv left his name on d sand of time. Its not enough to criticise, what has he done 4 d state b4 critizing the govt?
he is not from abia

2 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by talktimi(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2014
A sad fact
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by abacrested(f): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2014
godonzoki: Kudos to Chief Eze. But wait a minuite, did I hear he is a billionair? What wud happn if he starts d process of renovating d aba market and ask 4 d govt to refund over time? Guess he wud hv left his name on d sand of time. Its not enough to criticise, what has he done 4 d state b4 critizing the govt?
a friend who was at the event told me that he had a cheque of 1m dollars to donate to the state.he was shouting this is a cheque of 1m and am going with it cos this place stinks.meanwhile he donated the same amount to Anambra state last month. The fact remains that the man is richer than TA and has nothing to fear,if not they will label him a political foe,

5 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by priscaoge(f): 7:41am On Sep 03, 2014
Truth is bitter but must have to be told! It's only a 'Multi Millionaire' like him can say such truth in that kind of gathering and go scot free. Let those they call a 'commoner' try it,even his generations to come will be jailed. That dude knows that Aba is dirt itself yet don't wanna do anything about it. Like seriously ABA STINKS!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2014
Abia state truly stinks.

Apparently Orji is clueless.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by priscaoge(f): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2014
abacrested: a friend who was at the event told me that he had a cheque of 1m dollars to donate to the state.he was shouting this is a cheque of 1m and am going with it cos this place stinks.meanwhile he donated the same amount to Anambra state last month. The fact remains that the man is richer than TA and has nothing to fear,if not they will label him a political foe,
You are right. Someone said same thing about the cheque. The man is rich n T.A can't battle him because he knows the man's worth.

4 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by priscaoge(f): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2014
smartchoice: Arthur Eze is a classless dunderhead..... He talks anyhow....however I also do not support the glaring incompetencies of the news bar governor of Abia State.
Smart U can do better than this. I wonder when last u visited that State. The man told him the truth to his face,people living in Aba are suffering especially this rainy season. Menh Aba is not good @ all.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Sammyblaq(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2014
o boy! Was a bold act. U gats be careful o. Well ur name na Arthur(actor) sha....lekwa fronting
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Sammyblaq(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2014
priscaoge: Truth is bitter but must have to be told! It's only a 'Multi Millionaire' like him can say such truth in that kind of gathering and go scot free. Let those they call a 'commoner' try it,even his generations to come will be jailed. That dude knows that Aba is dirt itself yet don't wanna do anything about it. Like seriously ABA STINKS!!!!
aba stinkly stinks....abia generally. Before i enter go beautification make dem do road first biko.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2014
Yes. It's not like they all don't know he is a dormant governor...
The problem has been 'WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?'...obviously someone just did.

It's surprising how Aba people would insult him, but I was shocked to my marrows one Saturday that evil nigga came to Aba, almost all the buses were off the road, they went to wait for his arrival- who does that?
Which sensible human in search of political salvation behaves that way??

What he knows how to do is plant flower and put 1995 model of street light
-Road that isn't even up to four lanes @ a stretch, he would now divide/dualize it and leave us with two- 1.5 lanes...lol

Before his E-Voltrons come and start defending him, ain't saying he is not doing anything, but owing to the fact that Aba is the hub of Abia state, Aba generated revenue Abia state needs...he should take care of them better.
-If ever that bill of Aba State is carried out, Abia state wud not be on the map anymore, bc sum people can even mistake Aba for the capital of Abia state, it is that popular...

I rest my case, make I go work my bumper. Na everyday e dey spoil...hahahahaha
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 03, 2014
Never been to Abia, but it takes courage for him to say such things! Orji keep abia clean please.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2014
An average Nigerian fears and hates truth more than Ebola. So, if u want to make friends u should be a liar. My advice.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Jlow2: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2014
the only thing t.a knws best is to always congratulate d president on safe landing, whenever d presido comes back frm a foreign trip, his a failure to his generation, n d worst governor in naija

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by nzeobi(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Bro the govt will have to create the environment and woo the investors.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by Lilimax(f): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2014
Glad Arthur Eze told the governor to his face.

Abia truly stinks and little wonder the governor is voted the worst governor in
the south east embarassed

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by MisterLongman(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2014
I don't know much about Arthur Eze but my respect for him has soared..... Its very rare for an elite to shun mediocrity and hypocrisy and say the truth not minding whose ox is gored.... Since he made his money by himself, there is no reason to bootlick Orji's ass

2 Likes

Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by chinex276(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2014
I love people with courage, pple dat says d truth anywea no matter what.
Theo orji has looted nd is looting d state 4 lng now, nd some hidiots go abt celebrating it.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Why should he?If there is something d govt can't single handedly handle-Fine.But have they complained?Or wat is on ground that is too much for the govt wit all the IGR and derivation dey receive?undecided
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by xtianh(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
TA Orji the worst governor in the history of man kind.
students of political science can use him as a project topic. "The Worst State Governor in History of Mankind"
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by heir01(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
What a noble action by Chief Eze. These corrupt and wicked elected officials deserve some chiding.
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by tchigofigo(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
..that was like a Muhammad Ali's punch on a purging stomach..Orji's been hit realy hard.,at d right place n time..,i visited aba recently n i'v got first hand knowledge of the deep mess it is..damn! if one wants 2 mk quick bucks, jst build canoes in ariaria during rainy seasons, u must hammer! T.A ORJI OCHENDO for StEALATOR!!!
Re: Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. by hushmail: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
authur eze na ukpo z one of d few 9ja dat can say dat to T A n go scot free

T A has not 4given Aba 4 nt voting him in 2011

aba is a disgrace to SE. Pple r abandoning d city n T A see himself as a titan of d SE

dis is calling on all ABU (aba brought up) on NL rise up and help choose a good ldr 4 abia state in 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Be Among 15 Largest Economies By 2050 With GDP Of $4.5 Trillion / Igbo's Total Support For Pdp Is Political Suicide (my Opinion) / People Fleeing Their Homes Following Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.