Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,795 members, 7,827,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

How To Scan Documents With Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Scan Documents With Your Phone (4904 Views)

How To Read Any PDF Documents With Your Java Phones / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / How can I scan my mobile phone for viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by techdaddycool: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2014
If you have ever been in a situation when you need to get a copy of a document you needed and it was in a hard copy, so u have to look for a photocopier, or maybe you don’t just like carrying a lot of papers around and you look so disorganized in the morning, worry no more! Your phone can be a scanner; with the following apps you problems are solved:

Genius Scan

It’s a very user friendly apps and scan your cards, documents and notes ,it enhances the images and tries to make it more presentable its free , but users can register and get premium services which allow you to upload scans directly to drop box and other cloud storage services.

CamScanner

CamScanner is one of the most popular mobile apps for “scanning” , it has a lot of features and is a delight for most users, it has very high ratings and it looks like an app you should try.

Google Drive

Most people use Google drive for cloud storage services but it also a document scanner, it also enhances the image quality, it saves it as PDF and updates it to your Google drive and by searching you drive for text related to the document you will be able to locate it.

Tips

1. Take scans from a central view, taking from angles might affect the documment

2. Be as close as possible and fill the entire frame

3. Make sure the area is well lit; some devices allow you to use your flash for lighting

4. Make sure the document is not covered by anything or framed to avoid refletions
Comments

via http://www.netoppsdigest.com/how-to-scan-documents-with-your-phone/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
Noted

I love technological advancement
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by goldfish80(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Camscanner user here. Simply the best.

Some documents scanned with camscanner

3 Likes

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by cirmuell(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
goldfish80: Camscanner user here. Simply the best.
Android?
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Abbey2sam(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
I use myscan. .....buh it's kinda complicated for me.......

so I will try one of the above
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by bakandow11: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
u mke sense....one of da reason for joining dis platform, will download one asap ( camscanner right?)

2 Likes

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by olashas(f): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
cirmuell: Android?
Yep. I use it too. I scan all my documents with it and upload it on sites. The receiver wouldn't know you used your android phone cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by themmydhayhor(m): 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by hatux: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Wow! Am gonna try it... Thanks Op
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by ednut1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
olashas:
Yep. I use it too. I scan all my documents with it and upload it on sites. The receiver wouldn't know you used your android phone cheesy
baby ur buriful grin

1 Like

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by chinnyonwu(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
so whats the difference between these scanners and simply taking a pic of th document. ? useless

1 Like

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by festusbarry(m): 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
how possible will that work?
Khaynet: noted
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by cirmuell(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
olashas:
Alright, I guess I should get mine too smiley been looking forward to something like this, it will reduce the stress of always going to Cafés

1 Like

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by gsparks01(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
chinnyonwu: so whats the difference between these scanners and simply taking a pic of th document. ? useless
u well so? You understand wetin op write??

2 Likes

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pre order goods from USA with free -low cost shipping depending on item. Check out https://www.nairaland.com/1885519/pre-order-goods-usa-ebay-amazon
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
just downloaded camscanner now and tried it out kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by funshyboi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
What of the BB users, any scanner for us
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by igwedaboss(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
funshyboi: What of the BB users, any scanner for us
I just tried it... it works man.. I use a bb10 tho..
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by HonourablePomk: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
*ClearsThroat I smell this going to FrontPage...Notify me by liking when it has grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Olarewajub: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nice.
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by heykims(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
goldfish80: Camscanner user here. Simply the best.
I have ds app but dont just know ow to go about d scanning.
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by maxbj(m): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks op
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by born2lead01: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Wow,gonna try it out
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Omojayejaye(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thank you..Op
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by majalisa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
makadrake: Pre order goods from USA with free -low cost shipping depending on item. Check out https://www.nairaland.com/1885519/pre-order-goods-usa-ebay-amazon
pregini?with d high rate at which preorder biz have turned into yahoo yahoo on NL...Bro u go advertise tire
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by sucreblazing(m): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
nice one
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by macklef(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
I decided to go with camscanner too. Very good. But please does anyone iknow anygood converting app. App that converts between pdf, excel, word files for andriod.
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by simdam500(m): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
apk flying here and there tongue
Re: How To Scan Documents With Your Phone by Evathyst(f): 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ds thread is lyk God sent for I needed to scan some documents 2mao.wil try it out nd giv feedback. Tnx OP nd evry other contributors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / The "Killer GSM Phone Number" Rumor (July 2004, Nigeria) / Good News Glo Internet Browsing. 5th Anniversary Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.