Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

It Is Igbo And Not Ibo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / It Is Igbo And Not Ibo (554 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / I Am African, My Boyfriend Is IGBO, Can We Make It? Help Me Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Igbo And Not Ibo by chemystery: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
This is not a warning but a correction to all. It irks me whenever i see people calling the ethnic group "Ibo" instead of "Igbo". The other day i saw on the internet where someone was saying Igbo is the language while Ibo is the people. Please this is all wrong! Igbo is the proper name for both the language and the people. It's really disgraceful and disappointing whenever i see Igbos making such mistake as well.

PS: if the /gb/ pronunciation is not in your language at least try to do justice to that while writing. Thanks.
Re: It Is Igbo And Not Ibo by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hahahahaha...... Man u dey vexing lol!
Re: It Is Igbo And Not Ibo by onuwaje(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
The Europeans have difficulties pronouncing words that has 'gb'... so the 'g' is silent..
I watched a documentary and the white narrator called okotie-eboh (okotie-ibo) and don't get angry since we adopted the foreigners language

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Igbo Teacher, Who Is Willing To Volunteer Their Time To Teach / Take A Survey On Relationships And Marriage. NGN5000 Konga Card Up For Grabs / Buy And Install Your Solar Panels/inverters/ Batteries Etc In Phc...view Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.