Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? (996 Views)

Spectranet Lied??? / Nairaland Webmasters' Review Of Fashola's Website Contract / Get That Website For Just 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? by smartsoft(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2006
hey wonderd have you ever lied to get that website design contract huh ? let be realistic here have you ever done that, after that do they offer you the contract
Re: Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? by Afam(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2006
You do not need to tell a single lie to get anything including projects no matter how big.

Say things the way they are. However, many may not realize that they simply lose out simply because of the lies as someone may see through them.
Re: Have You Ever Lied To Get That Website Contract ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2006
to get a contract, yes
example, a client wants to know if you can handle database integration with php (i can't code a string of php besides changing .htm to .php) I say yes. confidently because I know i have several friends who can write php+mySQL (from their grave if need be.)

I have lost a beautiful opportunity by being outright truthful about my skills, unfortunately white people are not as sentimental as africans, he had this excel-driven program and i think was hired by (the-then) UBA to outsource portal infrastructure to contractors,
he simply asked each person to rate his skills in several areas as he typed the answers on a excel sheet,

white due: ASP.Net?
me: 4 (trying to be modest)
white due: Macromedia Flash?
me: 1
white due: Java?
me: 0
white due: DHTML?
me: 3
white due: SQL Server?
me: 5

etc, in the end
he hit the enter key and the results came up, he said. we cannot take you on because you do not meet the requird skill level?

my friends and some other guys at the interview simply said 10 10 10 and maybe some 9s and they got hired, (i know i am better on some areas than the guys who got hired, )

I also know of a competitor, can't mention cos they are nairalanders too, but they embelish a lot, a whole lot. and my they have a tight British accent, and do have an office in the UK , but man, when we came up to the client on Interview day, they simply blew me out da window with snazzy mobile phones and great-lookign suits and all the techno-jargon on wikipedia, we had no chance. 8 months later the same client calls, apparently they gave the client extremely high expectations on what they could deliver, our proposal was only considered when we did similar work for another client that they noticed.

(1) (Reply)

Domain Name Registration Promo / Sms Api Gateway / Having Problems With Seo? Come In Lets Talk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.