Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Love Does Not Seek Its Own - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Does Not Seek Its Own (423 Views)

Please Why Christendom Does Not Seek And Promote These Doctrines!!! / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Why Do Nigerians Seek Spiritual Remedy To Most Of Their Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Does Not Seek Its Own by sidespin: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
LOVE DOES NOT SEEK ITS OWN

On one occasion God spoke strongly to my heart about pastoring a certain church. The congregation wanted me to be their next pastor. But the former pastor wanted his cousin to pastor the church, so he began politicking in the church to get him elected instead. The God-kind of love has never divided a church. I could have taken at least half of those church members and started another church because many of those people wanted me to be their next pastor. But I couldn't divide a church and walk in love, and no one else can either.
What astounds me is that some born-again, Spirit-filled Christians can be sheep thieves, divide churches, and steal another man's congregation, and it doesn't bother them in the least bit. Then they blame it on God, saying, "God told me to do it." But God isn't that way! Either they lied or God lied about it because God said, "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour."

Anyway, I could have divided that church and started my own church with half of this former pastor's congregation. But I chose to listen to the inward man instead of to my flesh. I listened to the love of God in me, and the Holy Spirit said to me, "You just go your way and don't divide this church." So even though I knew God had spoken to me about pastoring that church, I withdrew my name from the pastoral candidates and left town. Later on, I said to the Lord, "Lord, what about that church? What's going to happen to those people?" The Lord answered me by saying, "They will suffer because they aren't in My perfect will. They listened to the wrong people and put the wrong person in as pastor. But I'll take care of you because you acted in love." Thank God, God did take care of me and in grand style too! And do you know that before a year had come and gone, God had installed me as the pastor of that
church, and I didn't have a thing in the world to do with it either. God arranged it all! Sometimes people's problem is that when God speaks to them, they try to run over other people to try to make what God told them come to pass. Then they get out of love, and God can't bless them because they aren't in a position spiritually to receive His blessings. (Rev. Kenneth Hagin. E.)

Whisper this prayer with me, ‘Lord Jesus, I love You. I announce with my mouth that You are Lord of my life. I believe in my spirit that You came in the flesh, died, buried & rose on the 3rd day all because of me. I accept this fact. Thanks for saving me. I believe I’m born again. Holy Spirit, now I receive You by faith into my spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Amen!

EMMEAUX EVANGELICAL
Knowing the Lord Jesus for yourself is my concern.
For FREE messages / materials / Q&A contact me on:
emmeaux3@yahoo.com 08033853236
Facebook (Jesus Wordz, emmeaux3@yahoo.com)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Rebukes Religious Militants / Nigeria Is Leading One World Because Of EBOLA Victory / Should Babies Or Adults Be Baptized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.