Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" (1754 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by helphelp: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
I have to give it to the PR team that managed "Half of a yellow sun". They eventually got me to the cinema to see the movie.

But at the end of the movie, I have come to these conclusions:

1. The pictures are far better than the regular nollywood movies (the only positive stuff)

2. The storyline is far from the Nigerian civil war.

3. The story lacks direction, at a point in time, I wasn't sure if it was the biafran story, or igbo mother trying to force another on to her son, or children making decisions for themselves(Zack Orji's children)

4. I wasn't sure of what Chiwetel really does for a living, revolutionary wasn't portrayed at all

5. Then, I wonder why they had to make Ugwo suffer all those mini mojo noises

6. The war scene is obscure.

Wo, shebi some of una sef don watch am, drop your views.

Meanwhile, remember every point above is my personal opinion.

Overall, I was highly disappointed. To think that I didn't even understand what Genevieve Nnaji(Miss Adebayo abi Adebiyi my foot) and O.C Ukeje was doing there...

My advice, read the book leave the movie...

1 Like

Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by Briareos(m): 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
For the umpteenth time, Half of a Yellow Sun is not a Biafran story. It is a romantic story set during the Biafran War. Big , sorry, gigantic difference.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by helphelp: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Briareos: For the umpteenth time, Half of a Yellow Sun is not a Biafran story. It is a romantic story set during the Biafran War. Big , sorry, gigantic difference.

Half of a Yellow Sun is a novel by the Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Published in 2006 by Knopf/Anchor, it tells the story of the Biafran War[1] through the perspective of the characters Olanna, Ugwu, and Richard.

It says through the perspective of, not that it's a romantic story set during the war. Or is that how you saw it? If so, that makes it more confusing. But, I must confess enough romantic scenes to make up for a short mojo grin
Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by spark4daz(f): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
I neva read d novel, i neva watch d movie #nocomment yet
Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by mufex(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Your opinion is so daft and stupid. Why don't you go to retirement village?!
Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by Crixina(f): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
After seeing 12 years a slave,I won't be so shocked abt how crappy half of a yellow sun might be.

Some over hyped things end up that way.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by valyzubxx(m): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Crixina: After seeing 12 years a slave,I won't be so shocked abt how crappy half of a yellow sun might be.

Some over hyped things end up that way.
So I'm not the only one that see '12 years a slave' as crap

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
I was dissapointed too, to think I bought the DVD for 500naira.
Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by chnovpaul(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Just watched the movie yesterday, and comparing it with all the hype, it was almost crap. The good thing was that I watched it in the comfort of my house. Minimal costs encountered.

The truth is that it is difficult to compress all the details in the book into one 1-hr plus movie. At a point, it was like the producers were just showing one scene each from each chapter...making it look 'incoherent' and discontinuous. It was not making much of any sense to me.

But the graphics were okay anyway.

Just my humble opinion though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion:"I Was Highly Disappointed After Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun" by helphelp: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
mufex: Your opinion is so daft and stupid. Why don't you go to retirement village?!

Too much SK

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Video- Konji Na Bastard , See What This Guyz Did To This Girl. / Bbnaija 2021 Week 9 Voting Results / I Love New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.