Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money (60775 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / She Escaped With His 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nicepoker(m): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
cococandy: I hope the woman got back her money.
That's my concern
ur own na money.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by LEXYCOM: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Chai, men can be so wicked.....thank God dat I am a man and not a men

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by JuanDeDios: 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
ndidibabe: 42 year old bride? What has she been doing with her life?? WTF!!!!
*carries her up gently and pecks her forehead, smiles and speakes slowly*
Life is not regular. It has no formular. People go through things for no fault of theirs. My dear girl, when you grow up you will understand. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

So many have served God and not gotten good spouses. Being unmarried is not a curse or punishment from God.

Thank you. Healthy debate is lost, people forget that other have a right to their views and only through constructive debate would they see things a little from your own view

Yea I know , its even in the bible that some are born not to get married but God knows that's not me and for those people it MIGHT be for some reasons you know , God doesn't think the way we do.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
slap1: And don't forget I started with MAYBE. Just plain deductive reasoning.

All We know is she's just 42
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by beinstein(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
ndidibabe: 42 year old bride? What has she been doing with her life?? WTF!!!!
yet another woman displaying her naivety in full-view. SMH vigorously!

6 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
bosun11:

madam tracey......dairis God oooo....do the needful

what's the needful
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Yossykit: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

Unfortunately this has gone to the front page where kids can come in and start cursing.
Please go to the marriage counseling thread let's continue
Mention my name there are kindly repeat the question I will respond fully
women and this their egotistical nature sha. Who are kids or are you older than all the nairalanders. I have been following your post since, i really like the way you treated issues but this one is pride and self exaltation which is very bad. Not judging anyway, only correcting you.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by bosun11(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

what's the needful

smiley...i prayed for you somewhere where i mentioned u up...or maybe u don't like prayers?...... grin grin
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
nairalandbabe:

Uzor Emmanuel, a 45-year old married man with three kids played a fast one on a 42-year old lady, Victoria Adeleye at the Ikoyi Marriage Registry Lagos state, Southwest Nigeria.

Emmanuel who had proposed to marry Adeleye at the registry dumped her at the court premises and disappeared with her N4 million. The wedding was subsequently called-off following Emmanuel’s disappearance.

Friends of the couple, who attended the wedding ceremony were left shell-shocked as marriage officials cancelled the wedding.

A source told our correspondent that the relationship between, Adeleye and Emmanuel blossomed after they met at a church in Isolo.

Unknown to Adelye, Emmanuel was married with three kids. He told her that he was still single and needed to marry since he was growing old.

Adeleye who was also eager to get a husband, showed interest and became an intimate friend with Emmanuel.

Shortly after courtship, Emmanuel proposed to marry her and she accepted. He reportedly moved into Adeleye’s flat at Bola Adeyinwa street Aswani, Isolo where they started living together as a couple without the knowledge of their pastor and members of the church.

To cover their tracks before the church, Emmanuel suggested to Adeleye they need to go to court to consummate the relationship legally.

Adeleye agreed and brought out some money with which they used to facilitate the marriage but on the day they were supposed to tie the knot, Emmanuel carried out the last of his plans.

The duo had arrived the registry with close friends but while they were waiting for court officials to commence the ceremony, Emmanuel excused himself and went outside the registry. From there he fled with her money and did not return to the hall.

The suspect was later arrested following a tip off. He then confessed that he had a wife with kids and he was only interested in Adeleye’s money.

He was charged before Isolo Magistrate’s court for obtaining under false pretence and stealing under the Criminal Code.

When he was arraigned, he pleaded not guilty. The presiding Magistrate, Mrs F.M. Kayode granted him bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

He is remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri, Lagos pending when he will fulfill his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 2 October 2014 for trial.

Police sources said his wife refused to show up to facilitate his bail, saying what he did to the woman was bad.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/03/marriage-tragedy-man-dumps-lady-at-ikoyi-registry-steals-her-n4m/
http://xmoentertainment..com/2014/09/groom-dumps-bride-at-registry-escaped.htmlre news

I knew it was too good to be true.. angry

As soon as I saw the Thread of Armed Robbers that pray before robbing people and read the names of the perps, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Mods evened out the playing field with a thread where the perp was from the East. grin

I guess all is well now on Nairaland. grin

@ Topic.. Why did she need 4 Million Naira for Court Wedding?! Or where they planning an Owambe style celebration afterwards?! undecided

The Gods are Wise..

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by biikeys(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Yea I know , its even in the bible that some are born not to get married but God knows that's not me and for those people it MIGHT be for some reasons you know , God doesn't think the way we do.

which sounds more like a 50-50 thing than a 80% thing smiley

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Raymondif: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Am so happy with your last sentence and my greatest lesson in life is that God's ways and plans are far bigger and better than ours.
Mine was to marry at 25 have all my kids at 30 or before then but God saw ahead of me, oh did I curse God then for my pain and tears asked why He let what happened to me happen, asked if I didn't serve him enough, asked if I didn't do even more than he had always instructed. And one day God showed me that it is because I served him that he removed me from danger, because he loved me that he kept me from harms way, because of the sacrifices I made for others that he ensured that I would not spend forever unhappy.

Gods ways are not ours and his plans far bigger for us than we can ever imagine. His time not our time

4 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by fireforfire: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
sad the 4mill na groom price?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ndidibabe(f): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
JuanDeDios:
*carries her up gently and pecks her forehead, smiles and speakes slowly*
Life is not regular. It has no formular. People go through things for no fault of theirs. My dear girl, when you grow up you will understand. smiley
Story story.... I am a 32 year old mother of two handsome boys. As you lay your bed, so you will lie on it. When most girls should be busy 'shaping' their life by having a good Education , building a career and getting closer to God, thereby making themselves 'marriable' , they were busy jumping from one Boy's room to another cooking, washing clothes and fuc...ng as in the case of idowuigbo and her friends on NL. How dem wan see correct Husband marry?

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Yossykit: women and this their egotistical nature sha. Who are kids or are you older than all the nairalanders. I have been following your post since, i really like the way you treated issues but this one is pride and self exaltation which is very bad. Not judging anyway, only correcting you.

It has happened a lot, before the tsunami I actually deactivated my account because a topic I had openly discussed went to front page and all insults followed.
I stay in this section because it's mostly calm and respectful mostly devoid of insults

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by M4gunners: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: I don't agree with this..... So are you saying that any unmarried woman above 35 is under spiritual attack or the architect of her own problem??

Nobody is going to insult you. It is just a healthy discussion unless you decide to take it to the next level......
Let me come in here.To your quastion yes.Any unmarried woman above 35 years of age, contributed to her problems.You can't tell me from her early age of 20 till date no serious Man has come her way.Either She was then selective or busy looking for money no time for serious relationship then.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
pcguru1:

Not everything is spiritual, sometimes people have personal reasons not to get married, or sometimes it could do with the economy of a nation and much more unknown reasons. I don't think you're experienced enough to understand why some people don't get married. Sometimes it's just like that I know of a beautiful lady with no spiritual attack still unmarried at 40. The reasons differ it's just that we live in a country where we are brainwashed by religion that everything must be spiritual.

I said maybe with no certainty , it was just a thought because I've seen people in real life cases that had that problem and I remember saying aside the fact that she doesn't want to get married .
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by siobahn: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Righteous woman, no need to call names. We know you are the 1st cousin of our Lord Jesus Christ so you are without stain.

ndidibabe: Story story.... I am a 32 year old mother of two handsome boys. As you lay your bed, so you will lie on it. When most girls should be busy 'shaping' their life by having a good Education , building a career and getting closer to God, thereby making themselves 'marriable' , they were busy jumping from one Boy's room to another cooking, washing clothes and fuc...ng as in the case of idowuigbo and her friends on NL. How dem wan see correct Husband marry?

7 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
ndidibabe: Story story.... I am a 32 year old mother of two handsome boys. As you lay your bed, so you will lie on it. When most girls should be busy 'shaping' their life by having a good Education , building a career and getting closer to God, thereby making themselves 'marriable' , they were busy jumping from one Boy's room to another cooking, washing clothes and fuc...ng as in the case of idowuigbo and her friends on NL. How dem wan see correct Husband marry?

Congratulations, God keep your home but please be less judgemental of the unmarried.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Toktee(m): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42
having fun,attending night clubs,sleeping around with married men etc,just the way many nairaland and campus girls do.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Analyst2: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
That man has no conscience... a wife and children...?... no wonder the wife refused to come.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ndidibabe(f): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

Congratulations, God keep your home but please be less judgemental of the unmarried.

My dear, pls don't get me wrong. There are exceptions..
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
M4gunners: Let me come in here.To your quastion yes.Any unmarried woman above 35 years of age, contributed to her problems.You can't tell me from her early age of 20 till date no serious Man has come her way.Either She was then selective or busy looking for money no time for serious relationship then.
What about someone whose partner died some weeks to the wedding after a relationship of 7 years,
or someone whose partner impregnated another woman and decided to go for the pregnant one,
or someone whose partner traveled out and after a long wait refuse to come back home or came back married etc.
In as much as i am not disputing the fact that there are some women like you mentioned in your post, i am saying that is not the case with every unmarried woman above 35years of age. every individual case is different.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
bosun11:

smiley...i prayed for you somewhere where i mentioned u up...or maybe u don't like prayers?...... grin grin

maybe I didn't see it , too many mentions pouring in that I didn't take note of some .
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Toktee(m): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

Look like you do the same thing,why are you pained?
Any way,in ur religion doing that is nt a crime,i hope you know what i mean,and 4 the writer above,she was referring to blievers and not unbelievers,she said it based on bible principles.

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
ndidibabe: Story story.... I am a 32 year old mother of two handsome boys. As you lay your bed, so you will lie on it. When most girls should be busy 'shaping' their life by having a good Education , building a career and getting closer to God, thereby making themselves 'marriable' , they were busy jumping from one Boy's room to another cooking, washing clothes and fuc...ng as in the case of idowuogbo and her friends on NL. How dem wan see correct Husband marry?
wicked shot fired

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ndidibabe(f): 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
siobahn: Righteous woman, no need to call names. We know you are the 1st cousin of our Lord Jesus Christ so you are without stain.

What a cheap God you serve. Me, an ordinary human his first cousin?

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by JuanDeDios: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ummm. Wish I had the energy to start with this. Anyway, like I said, when you grow up. . .

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
SAMBARRY: I'll come back when I am done with this meeting
Olumba Olumba extraordinary convention?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Are you saying all these thing should be done because we want to be ''marriable''

I go to school so that a man can be able to marry me?
I build my career so that a man can be able to marry me?
I get close to God so that a man can be able to marry me?

6 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ifekemmy(f): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
This story get k leg, why would a bride carry 4 million naira to the registry? pls tell us something else.

I tire oo, na diff kind story u go dey see on nairaland. Au can someone carry 4million to register, na bank?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Can I Win My Wife's Heart Back? / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.