Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa (37651 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth / Why Are Imported Goods Excessively Expensive In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Call me a fool for all you want, I'm not bothered. But if the stupid lines and reasons you've laid down here are what you hold on to, then keep at it. I know you probably feel cool because you want to form Big boy, but not at the expense of sounding crudely idiotic

I'm still baffled. I do know people who feel bored and I know what they do. Bros quit the lies. People that truly can don't spend money foolishly

Okijajuju1:

[b]reason I spent another 10 days at the Intercontenental Hotel in Lagos in February of the following year..

I did it cos I could. grin

I did it cos I was Bored..

I did it because it was Christmas..

I did it because I have that kind of spare change in my account to spend.

I did it because it was the end of the year and after all that hussle, I decided to close the year in style..

Hells, I did it because I have not just physical cash, but a healthy cashflow. grin

So.. Please if my lounging makes you feel like a fool, then your conscience is who you should be after for making you feel like a fool, not me. grin

My 'Coats' are all my size.. But I didnt expect to recieve a bill of over 400'k. grin

Hommie.. People dont only stay in such hotels when they are on business or if they are politicians. Some do it just to pamper themselves abit. Life is hard, the hussle is exhausting so from time to time, take out some of that money and go do something that does not involve business.. And when you have stayed in these types of hotels long and often enough, you join their clubs which gives you great discounts to super hotels around the world. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2014
My brother,

as harsh as your comments sound, I just must agree..especially the bold
ducii: poor people complaining of the cost of hotel in Lagos, when you no get money drink beer u go say beer bitter. A beg leave am. people that have money are paying for it and Hotels are flocking into the country on a daily basis.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Onegai:
Four Points by Sheraton and Eko Hotel's rooms are not as nice or even as big as this. It's ridiculous. And the cost of the food will make you wonder if you're eating sushi made from the nectar and ambrosia of some Greek gods, mixed with juice made from the fountain of youth. At least Protea Hotel in Ikeja has nicer rooms.
so dem don carry u go all these hotels wella?
Eddy2cute:
so dem don carry u go all these hotels wella?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You harsh o!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2014
ihesiuloa: Let's leave infrastructure out of this! Basically Nigeria lack a good tourist developmental activities, if only Nigeria does have a good tourist developments, hotels here would leave up to the standards of what is experienced in other parts of the world! You need to visit Tanzania,Kenya etc and see how hotels are ran!! They even give you free WiFi service for a considerate fee, a hotel with all amenities for less than 5k/night with clean rooms not what we find here when rats jump about in your room, where bed sheets are not clean or regularly changed.. Mhen! I just can't understand why things are always the opposite here in Nigeria?

1.Your statement in bold sounds like "cold ice water tutu re"....... they give you free wifi for a considerable fee
2. I'm still wondering.... please do tell us the names of these hotels you visited in Lagos where rats jumped at you...... so of you are just "fabulating" stuffs
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2014
julibos: Hmm, am an hotelier ,I believe I can identify a little with the high room rate .in as much as I’m in the business ,I’m not trying to totally justify the high rate, it could be a little lower but then check this analysis: I’m using a case study of an international brand of 220 bedded rooms
You have a 220 room facilties,2 restaurant,gym,pool,3 guest elevators,2 staff service elevators,2 generator,3 meeting rooms, 500 seat hall. A whole lot would definitely go into the making of this place and staying presence in business for a long time, think of the standard you intend to have and the clientele you want to attract. If it’s international then you would definitely need to pour in more.
Rooms: international standard
It’s definitely not cheap to furnish 220 rooms, given you want to reproduce an international theme in these rooms. Most of the furniture are imported, now I love my country and it would be nice to patronize and buy things here but experience has taught one to make sure if you want quality (what would last and serve for years ,max 5yrs)you need to spend. The mattresses are all imported, we have bought some from the mattress makers here in Nigeria but I tell you there is no basis for comparison, the ones imported lasted for 5 years straight up, but the ones we bought here (the highest quality grade) just to change the imported ones that are now sunken did not hold up for 6months before they collapsed. Same goes with the quality of rugs and other soft furnishings in the room and bed linens. So you can imagine the amount this will gulp
Food and beverage/kitchen operations:
So much goes into this , the equipment to be used ,cooking equipments/machines, the crockery sets were all brought in, our own Nigeria brand does not match, we don’t even have ours in Nigeria, most of the cooking Bain marine, boilers, mixers e.t.c are not made here in Nigeria. They are imported; even when you go to our Nigerian Lagos market or other states, what you find is china. Don’t forget these are industrial machines meant to serve for 5years
Laundry:
You want to set up a laundry that wash and dry-clean something of high capacity, this also requires some strong industrial machines, can you mention a company in Nigeria making such machines-None except the domestic which some of us have tried at home and they dint last. Don’t want to mention names…
Aesthetics /ambience, building.
A lot would definitely go into this, to make it standard. Most times the building contractors are world class builders…
Lift, generators, power;
The hotel needs power and that we certainly lack right now in Nigeria. For most part of the day the hotel is powered by gen, you have guest from the world where everything is fast, now you want such people in your hotel, you definitely would to do all you can to keep them, the hotel needs power, we don’t want them stuck in lift, they need internet, fast connectivity, wifi… sometimes Nepa current is low, cant power much, and very unreliable able and diesel is not cheap at all. Hmmm. see where the money goes.
Waste:
We are charge heavily to dispose our waste…lawma must make money
Staff and remunerations
We have expatriate with wealth of experience and exposure to run the place. Most of them have families back at home, so they sacrifice and come stay here .the indigenes of the country Nigeria form a larger percentage of staff 80%(250 staff).they all get paid salary, medical coverage, pension ,nhf…. All does not come cheap. Nigeria really has more to do to make prices drop. If we had more professionals in the business that would run the hotel properly and not employ all their families to run down the place, we may not need 20% expat to come and be paid 1.5mil each per month, and who says hotels don’t pay well. That’s not true. Maybe very small hotels, or Lebanese and Indian run hotels. There are some good ones that pay.
But personally if I want to do mine later in life, I may not necessarily choose 100% international theme setting. Having seen what obtains in the industry. I would mix it up and still have some classy style…….so price can be low, maybe before my dreams are actualized Nepa and other issues would have been stable, who knows…… once again this is not to justify the high rate.

[b]Guy...

You have made some strong points that can never be ignored..

lemme also butress your points futher;

- Labour / Maintenance cost: To pay the salaries of all the personnel required to keep that hotel running properly (I even learnt they have a Union now). You have to pay for Chefs (Chefs wey get C.V o grin), Stewards, House keeping, supervisors, security, managers, e.t.c.
I stayed at the Le' Meridian Uyo (Ibom Place) twice and MY GOD!! I cant even begin to imagine the maintenance cost that hotel incures especially as the rooms are relatively cheap for the ambience they have created there (70'k a night for a top suite). Imagine trying to keep all that acrage of property looking clean and decent. The Golf Course as well.. The Marina restaurant, e.t.c. Ask for the Hotels on Lagos Island like Eko Hotel, Southern Sun, Intercontenental, Four Points, e.t.c.. Imagine how much they spend to provide CLEAN WATER to all the rooms. The water purification systems in these hotels are bigger than peoples houses. That shiit in itself would be like a business within the business. grin The cost of servicing the elevators, servicing their HVAC systems, keeping their electricity circuit on point at all times, keeping the hotel up to health and safety codes, e.t.c. DIESEL NKO?! Imagine how many million litres of Diesel it takes to run a hotel like Eko Hotel or Intercontenental every years.. Then those Generators:: Anybody who has a big Diesel generator at home knows how much parts costs on those, now imagine the cost for those mega gens. You know how often the repaint those rooms to keep them looking fresh year in year out.. KAI!! Hotel business is not for kids. The Kitchen, the refridgerators, gas, servicing these, replacing cutleries and utensils as they go bad, maintaining a steady supply chain, e.t.c.

E no easy. I have always ruled out Hotels from my list of business plans. Many people think its just about providing the room and thats it. grin When I enter a hotel, i expect to be pampered from the parking lot till the day i drive out the gate. Anything short of this and what you have is not a hotel, but a motel. grin [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2014
mapet: Call me a fool for all you want, I'm not bothered. But if the stupid lines and reasons you've laid down here are what you hold on to, then keep at it. I know you probably feel cool because you want to form Big boy, but not at the expense of sounding crudely idiotic

I'm still baffled. I do know people who feel bored and I know what they do. Bros quit the lies. People that truly can don't spend money foolishly

[b]Again!! I didnt call you a fool, your conscience did.

That you cant fathom how a person would go stay in a hotel during christmas is actually what amuses me but I understand. Its the same way I cant understand how some folks would buy a room in a Hotel in Dubai that they are only allowed to use for a certain period in a year. grin

Nwokem, I no dey form big boy, Infact I no be big boy yet, but I no dey suffer. grin Go do something fun within the limits you can afford. My boss flew his family to Disneyland Paris for a week.. I have been to Disneyland Paris and can tell you that money no be play. grin

Try and have fun in your life before you die o!! The day wey you die, dem no go bury you with your cheque book of wallet.. grin

If you want me to prove to you that I indeed stayed in Four Points by Sheraton and the Intercontenental.. Send me a PM and I will call up my account transaction history and send you a screenshot of the transaction as I paid for both with my Card. If people carry ashawos to these hotels everynight just to fhuck them, why cant i treat my wife to better. undecided

I am not a penny-pincher.. I wasnt raised that way.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Ishilove: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2014
Okijajuju1:

That you cant fathom how a person would go stay in a hotel during christmas is actually what amuses me but I understand. Its the same way I cant understand how some folks would buy a room in a Hotel in Dubai that they are only allowed to use for a certain period in a year. grin

Nwokem, I no dey form big boy, Infact I no be big boy yet, but I no dey suffer. grin Go do something fun within the limits you can afford. My boss flew his family to Disneyland Paris for a week.. I have been to Disneyland Paris and can tell you that money no be play. grin

Try and have fun in your life before you die o!! The day wey you die, dem no go bury you with your cheque book of wallet.. grin

If you want me to prove to you that I indeed stayed in Four Points by Sheraton and the Intercontenental.. Send me a PM and I will call up my account transaction history and send you a screenshot of the transaction as I paid for both with my Card. If people carry ashawos to these hotels everynight just to fhuck them, why cant i treat my wife to better. undecided

Tah! I rented a room for you in Okoko and you are here forming big boy??

Okija, return my kerosene you borrowed!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Eyop: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

Ishi'm..

I use God name beg you, no do make dem sack me for office.. grin I don piss for body with laff here. grin

And why must you choose to embarass me before my guyses wey I dey form big boys for?! angry

Next thin you go tell them say the Range Rover wey I snap inside for my Facebook profile na customer own for the Car wash company wey I dey work.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Ishilove: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Ishi'm..

I use God name beg you, no do make dem sack me for office.. grin I don piss for body with laff here. grin

And why must you choose to embarass me before my guyses wey I dey form big boys for?! angry

Next thin you go tell them say the Range Rover wey I snap inside for my Facebook profile na customer own for the Car wash company wey I dey work.. grin

Bebe, ya secret is safe with me. I won't tell people where your carwash is so that the badbelle pipo no go laf you wink

*Chinonso!

"Aunty!"

Biko go to Brother Okija's frontage and seize that his stove. We go use am cook today as he no gree return our kerosene.*
angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Eddy2cute(m): 10:23am On Sep 05, 2014
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You harsh o!!!! grin grin grin grin

Lol u no see the way she analyse all the hotel foods,rooms and prices? If u ask her well she go even tell u the size of the beds, colour and bedspreads and price of condoms for those hotels na

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by tonychristopher: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2014
does sleeping in these hotel, sleep away your worries and wash away the sins of the world. this is basically simple economics, there is no good enabling enviroment and lack of stringent regulation to regulate these hotel rates.

lets not only blame it on electricity biko..other things follow

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by sulakishop(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2014
A SUIT FOR ₦248,000? IS IT ON EARTH HERE OR IN PARADISE?
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Sep 05, 2014
sulakishop: A SUIT FOR ₦248,000? IS IT ON EARTH HERE OR IN PARADISE?

These are the rates for some room rates at the Intercontenental hotel in V.I..

See the number of rooms available in that class..

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2014
So in Intercontenental Hotel Lagos, A night in their most bbesic room would set you back 320 U$D excluding tax.. grin

approx 51 Thousand Naira..

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by sulakishop(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2014
sulakishop: A SUIT FOR ₦248,000? IS IT ON EARTH HERE OR IN PARADISE?
Okijajuju1:

grin

WILL BABA GOD VISIT THE SUIT? IF NOT, I'LL RATHER GO TO HEAVEN!
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2014
armyofone: shocked
You're surprised? The cost of doing business in Naija is still very high.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by jimshimfe(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2014
I just dont buy these reasons as being enough to have a 65% hike.
1. The cost are specific to Lagos, so does cement cost higher in lagos compared to Jos, Calabar, Enugu.Then do you plan that cos you spend so much to build the hotel you must recoup your investment in 5-10 years, so you can revert the price?
2.The cost of diesel is lower in Nigeria compared to other countries, though i know many African countries have better electricity but pay higher bills on utilities than naija.
3. If you say cost of generator makes you charge higher, come on how many drums of diesel do you use a day?At most 2, which is N75,000 in d blackmarket( N37,500 each). that is the cost of 1 - 2 guest depending on the hotel, so are you not ripping off the other guest? we know such hotels have a lot of guest daily plus make extra money from other services (meals, car hire, gym, drinks, halls, garden bar, etc).
4. Security. Most big hotels the world over have private security hired to take care of the premises with government security for the streets. Are we now saying the Naija private security outfit pay higher than their counterparts from other African countries?
How come the security in my office (sourced from private company) barely get a minimum wage?
5. This naija hotels pay their staff very low wages. So we cant say this builds on their operational cost.
6. Provide their own water as one of the reasons for expensive nature. I maybe naive but my knowledge of boreholes is that once you drill it is a life long thing and requires only servicing every now and then. So if you use this same diesel bought earlier (above) to pump water, how does it add to overall cost of maintenance?
7. Some of this hotels only have bed without breakfast facility compared to London where for 50 pounds you will have a bed plus buffet breakfast, which should increase cost.
I personally think its just because Lagos has the market, hence hoteliers easily exploit people.
Jonathan Patterson a hotelier of 30 years in an interview granted Vanguard on 13th December, 2013 said Lagos is a popular destination so with the market drive, hotel prices just keep rising.
The same view echoed by Senator Afikuyomi, commissioner of Tourism. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/why-hotel-rooms-are-expensive-in-lagos/.
What baffles me, old hotels that you will expect to charge lower are at times more expensive than the newly build.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2014
My conscience called me a fool? you never seems to amaze me.... grin some of you young lads needs to be taught lessons on candor and poise

1. You still don't get it do you? You just behaving/arguing like a juvenile.
2. I'm not as bothered with your decision to stay, if forever, in Four Points or any other top hotel for Christmas, it's your prerogative. The moment you come here to wine about the bills, makes me wonder if you struggled at it and if it was necessary.
3. Of course you didn't give me the impression that you're a big boy, you gave me the opposite. You'd better quit the unnecessary self aggrandizement. How you spend your money is up to you, but don't tell me what cannot add up.
4. You've been to Disneyland Paris? Really, I never knew till you're telling me now...... but I'd leave that chest beating side with school kids where Disney adventures are bragging rights.
5. "Try and have some fun before you die.." is one advice I'd gladly take from you. Thanks, but not at the expense of stating it on NL or complaining about some spendings that make little sense
6. Save yourself the needless hassle of proving to me that you actually stayed in these hotels. This is not the thrust of my retort. If you can afford it, all well and good, but if you can hardly or "crying" about bills after on... better still......

at least you gave your lovely madam a nice time......

Okijajuju1:

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mapet: 11:44am On Sep 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin abeg told am
Ishilove:

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
mapet: My conscience called me a fool? you never seems to amaze me.... grin some of you young lads needs to be taught lessons on candor and poise

1. You still don't get it do you? You just behaving/arguing like a juvenile.

I wasnt arguing.. You were the one who chose to challenge my post. grin Scroll back to the start, you quoted me first hommie. I am acting like a juvenile?! Really?! Wow.. I needs to check myself now dont i?! grin

mapet: 2. I'm not as bothered with your decision to stay, if forever, in Four Points or any other top hotel for Christmas, it's your prerogative. The moment you come here to wine about the bills, makes me wonder if you struggled at it and if it was necessary.

Finally.. You make a sound point. I didnt struggle at it. I just never appreciated how much it costs as I left the planning to my wife. And the post I made was a sacarstic one. Its rather unfortunate you couldnt see that.

mapet: 3. Of course you didn't give me the impression that you're a big boy, you gave me the opposite. You'd better quit the unnecessary self aggrandizement. How you spend your money is up to you, but don't tell me what cannot add up.

What adds up or not is a function of how much you can understand. #Simple. If you posed direct questions to me, I would offer you direct answers. And whats aggrandizement?! Is that an insulting word?! angry

mapet: 4. You've been to Disneyland Paris? Really, I never knew till you're telling me now...... but I'd leave that chest beating side with school kids where Disney adventures are bragging rights.

Yes sir I have indeed been there. I didnt foot that bill (thank God), but I have been there noetheless. I told you that in response to you saying you know people who are bored and what they do. My boss needed a break and took his family on a vacation to a resort that costs thousands of Euros to lodge in for a week. grin grin Its like you telling me that you had your bath this morning and I say its a lie. It still doesnt take away the fact that you had your shower this morning. And if I feel like you saying you had your shower is you bragging about having a shower, then it shouldnt be your problem but mine for thinking that 'showers' are a big deal for everyone like it is for me. grin Geddit!!

mapet: 5. "Try and have some fun before you die.." is one advice I'd gladly take from you. Thanks, but not at the expense of stating it on NL or complaining about some spendings that make little sense

Lol.. On a thread about cost of hotels?! undecided Anybody who has ever stayed in one has stayed in one. And incase you missed it above, my first post was sacarstic.

mapet: 6. Save yourself the needless hassle of proving to me that you actually stayed in these hotels. This is not the thrust of my retort. If you can afford it, all well and good, but if you can hardly or "crying" about bills after on... better still......

at least you gave your lovely madam a nice time......

Thanks.. She indeed had a great time, so did i cool
Its my wish to be able to do such for my family even as it grows bigger.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by EKPETI(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
pDude: cry

Nigeria's economy and services baffles the hell out of me. undecided

The services suck, the economy is comatose, everything is jaga jaga and most products are substandard. Yet everything is so damn expensive. WHY?

A normal hotel in California with all the normal services is so cheap that ordinary people can afford to spend a night or two in them.

Yet in Nigeria where the hotels are dirty, NEPA taking light anyhow, tiny food portions which are sometimes tasteless, and hotel staff who steal your things; things are so fvcking expensive.

Biko, what type of economy is Nigeria operating in? That is the kind of economy that will sooner crumble upon itself.

The people are so poor, yet the services are so expensive. It baffles me cry

Naija for life! We will not run from our great country naija. And point of correction not everybody is poor in Nigeria.
Am not saying our govt is good but then this country Nigeria is blessed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by adconline(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
InvertedHammer: /
I have stayed in a lot of hotels in FCT, Lagos, Enugu, Owerri and PH.

By far, the one I enjoyed most is called D'Martel (or something like that around Govt.House) at Enugu for around N10k.

The room was very neat. Everything was very standard. And this was November last year.

But all those N15k-N30K per night rooms in Lagos and FCT are not worth crap especially considering that sometimes I pay for a week or more.

Absofucking_lutely a rip off

Plan is henceforth get into Lagos and get the hell out as soon as possible (if possible by the next day)

\
D'Matel is OK by Naija standard, there is one in Lekki as well. It's owned by OJ productions, Nollywood producer, but intl chains like Southern Sun and Protea are outrageous.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by manny4life(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
ducii:

so you are saying when the president of America comes to Africa he brings his Hotel along. He doesn't stay in a hotel here in Africa. MUMU

I don't have time for a folks like you... Learn to know when to quote and when not to.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by semmysh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hi,

Those of us from naijaland dot com dot ng enjoyed this post.

We will like you to share some of the info at naijaland dot com dot ng too

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by anonimi: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Onegai:

Because you date "gehs" who cannot afford to pay for their own soap, cream and weave-on doesn't mean all woman are that poor or financially dependent on men. Abeg try hang out with women who started life well and are willing to work extremely hard to maintain and improve their lifestyle. I don't work on my back grin

Don't blame the guy too much joor, he was only commenting based on his limited life experience. The psychologists call it Frame of Reference.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
adconline:
D'Matel is OK by Naija standard, there is one in Lekki as well. It's owned by OJ productions, Nollywood producer, but intl chains like Southern Sun and Protea are outrageous.
\

Good to know.

The room was very nice, neat and comfortable. It was all that mattered to me.

/

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Okijajuju1:

grin

/

I cannot in good conscience pay this amount for the rooms.

$1000 = N160,000. That is N50k each I can give to 3 widows in my village and their lives will change forever.

Na im I go carry go give hotel say I wan prove wetin? One day rent? Even if na person go pay for me, I no want.

To pay no be wahala...na tomorrow when your stay expires, your eyes go clear.

It does not make any sense at all.

It is not about affordability

\
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by adconline(m): 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\

Good to know.

The room was very nice, neat and comfortable. It was all that mattered to me.

/
Yes, but Golden Tulip before it changed to Golden Royale was charging close to 40K/nite=$230/nite for a 2-star hotel by intl standard.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
adconline:
Yes, but Golden Tulip before it changed to Golden Royale was charging close to 40K/nite=$230/nite for a 2-star hotel by intl standard.
\
Na craze dey worry dem.

I have a house in Independence L/Out around Brown N Brown Hotel.

Why would I spend that kind of money in a hotel?

Hotel stay is just for security reasons not just to go throway money.

I never entered the Golden Royale. And I don't intend to because it is too close to main road.

N40k/per night? O dikwa egwu

/

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by whitecat007: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
It's outrageous!!!

You can get a room in 4-season, Ritz-Carlton, Intercontinental, Westin and Hilton for N50,000 or a little less. Hotels in Nigeria are way over priced. Same with Ghana's movenpic or whatever it was called.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Nana Otedola Stunning In A Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.