Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa (37652 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth / Why Are Imported Goods Excessively Expensive In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

I cannot in good conscience pay this amount for the rooms.

$1000 = N160,000. That is N50k each I can give to 3 widows in my village and their lives will change forever.

Na im I go carry go give hotel say I wan prove wetin? One day rent? Even if na person go pay for me, I no want.

To pay no be wahala...na tomorrow when your stay expires, your eyes go clear.

It does not make any sense at all.

It is not about affordability

\

There was a time I would have agreed with you... But after Jesus said 'The poor you would always have with you', my reasoning changed. grin

Give to the poor and charity, I do.. But also live a little.. If you have that kind of cash flow, please treat yourself to this atleast once before you clock out.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
Okijajuju1:

There was a time I would have agreed with you... But after Jesus said 'The poor you would always have with you', my reasoning changed. grin

Give to the poor and charity, I do.. But also live a little.. If you have that kind of cash flow, please treat yourself to this atleast once before you clock out.
/
That's why I like the bible.

Whatever decision u want to take, there is always a verse in the bible to support your position

\
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by redsun(m): 1:40am On Sep 06, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
That's why I like the bible.

Whatever decision u want to take, there is always a verse in the bible to support your position

\

So does it mean it is now justified to be wasteful,instead of giving it to the very needy like you once rationally thought, just because the bible said so?

Listen to your instinct,it is always the best guide.
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by InvertedHammer: 3:56am On Sep 06, 2014
redsun:

So does it mean it is now justified to be wasteful,instead of giving it to the very needy like you once rationally thought, just because the bible said so?

Listen to your instinct,it is always the best guide.

\

I know you are smart enough to understand sarcasm

/

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by EMANY01(m): 9:06am On Sep 06, 2014
BlackBaron: Nigerian hotels are 'states' on their own. They provide for their own water, security, pay over the odds for fast internet,electricity.

Also the cost factor of building; Our cement prices are the second highest in the world.

In fact... I was wrong we do have the highest cement prices in the world.
Profit margin of 52% for Dangote cement against a global average of 6%. The biggest Cement maker in the world makes only 18%.

A tonne of cement in Vietnam is $67/tonne. Nigerians pay $263/tonne.

Read here

http://aguntasolo.com/tag/dangote-cement/

Now you understand why the American state department cabled reports that were leaked called Dangote a man who "beggars his country" .

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by ThroneofMercy(m): 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy: shey The sleep for these expensive hotels dey different??

I wonder o, my experience with Sheraton Pretoria makes me wonder. Honestly, OP, nice observation. Naija ego might be responsible perhaps

1 Like

Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by holyboss: 8:27am On Sep 08, 2014
zeemore:

Nonesense
undecided
Re: Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa by mbulela: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2014
100Cents:

This looks like a N25,000 discounted room in Transcorp Metropolitan, calabar.

Fine room with 4 neat towels and excess of amenities like soaps, mouth wash, cream and perfume...

Not forgeting that it contains two beds...

exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro / Nana Otedola Stunning In A Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.