Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 (4630 Views)

Will You Rock Cheapest Tablet With Features You Did Like ? / Innjoo F3 Review : Cheapest Tablet Ever / Cheapest Tablet Phones Price Under ₦20000 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by repogirl(f): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
jmaine:

Even a windows phone 8.0 did all that except the internet explorer issue . .yet UCweb browser was very capable of accomplishing several tasks.

You simply need to stop the lies . .Again Windows 8.1 is different from Windows Phone 8.1 ..
which one is lies? I am telling you my experience, you are saying lies, I download on uc browser but I can't log into my nairaland account from it, it never logs in, so I use IE and IE has its issues!

@les, last time I checked vlc player wasn't available for windows 8, but that was a while ago..... As for my SD card, I have files from a previous phoned stored there which I can't access, if it was an android phone I'd have used ES file explorer...
Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by jmaine: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
repogirl: which one is lies? I am telling you my experience, you are saying lies, I download on uc browser but I can't log into my nairaland account from it, it never logs in, so I use IE and IE has its issues!

@les, last time I checked vlc player wasn't available for windows 8, but that was a while ago..... As for my SD card, I have files from a previous phoned stored there which I can't access, if it was an android phone I'd have used ES file explorer...

Using speed mode on UCweb on will get you logged into nairaland. Yes the VLC player is lacking, but we have the moliplayer which also does well excellently.

Your SD card issue is not generic , except you had stuffs that were in unreadable formats to your phone, aside that one could still access SD cards for pictures stored e.t.c . You sounded as if getting into the memory was firewalled unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by texazzpete(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bawss1:
This is a low end device, certainly no one will expects to run AutoCAD or do heavy video editing on it but it's Intel Atom processor can hold its own in the league of low end devices.

You can actually run AUTOCAD on this.

Here's a video showing video editing using Power Director 12. Runs pretty decently. And this is even on the lower clocked 3740 from last Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rfoX1bQg-c

repogirl:

There's a file manager in Windows Phone 8.1, which is a free update from 8.0.

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by texazzpete(m): 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by twosquare(m): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
SuperMartins: We re tired of 7inch screen...we need bigger screens joor...7inch don tire me...
you've said it all....anything less than 8inch is a no no for me....

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
texazzpete:
Except he knows he can use Bluestacks and run most Android apps on his tablet.
He also knows he can pick the right desktop apps to use. Interface elements on an 8 inch Windows tablet aren't any smaller than icons in web browser on an Android or iOS tablet...and people seem to manage just fine.
He also knows he can easily load the best versions of any emulator, run many Windows only apps, and play games that will not show up on Android or iOS. With Baytrail, he can load up the full PC versions of FIFA or Football Manager and not the heavily stripped down versions on sale in the iOS or Android stores.
He also can run the full version of office. Macros et al...all will run fine. And with WIMBOOT enabled to make sure that the OS doesn't take up more than 4GB space, he has enough space to run stuff.
Probably he also knows he can install Steam and run a huge selection of PC games from some years back at mid to low settings. He can hook it up to a TV or a monitor and use it for medium to light workloads. The Intel Baytrail SoCs in these tablets are far more powerful than those in netbooks of old...and Windows has become much lighter on system resources.
That is what he probably knows smiley

i have had the pleasure of using touchscreen laptops with windows 8 at even higher screen sizes. if you manage to stick to just touch input on desktop apps then you deserve a medal for skill and fortitude. you are a better man than i will ever be.

IMHO the only proper touch UI is that of IOS on the Ipad.

so all on this 1GB ram with Atom processor? cheesy grin cheesy grin

it can, it will, and it should..... are unfortunately different concepts.

Truth be told, are these 'mobile' devices not for content consumption? you really think these devices can handle grunt work at lower hardware specs and resolution?

If this picture of technological nirvana you have posted is accurate then Microsoft has shot windows in the foot. Windows will be free on desktop within 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
texazzpete:
FIFA 14 on the crappy Toshiba Encore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu1pn-bBjMY

watched this Fifa video. i think its ludicrous. the app does not seem to be aware that its running on a touchscreen enabled device. am i going to be lugging a keyboard and gamepad about with an 8 inch tablet just to play a game?

if i have to load up bluestacks to run the android version, why don't i just use an android tablet?

i get your point about the possibility of getting much more out of these devices, i just don't see the practicability.
Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by texazzpete(m): 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
4llerbuntu:
i have had the pleasure of using touchscreen laptops with windows 8 at even higher screen sizes. if you manage to get on just touch on desktop apps then you deserve a medal for skill and fortitude. you are a better man than i will ever be.

erm..at higher resolutions, icons become smaller. So you had a worse time of it than anyone will have in using this 720p tablet.

4llerbuntu:

Windows Metro interface (which this tablet also has) is perfectly touch optimized.

4llerbuntu:

Yes. And you obviously haven't been keeping up.

4llerbuntu:

'Time' is also a concept you seem unaware of. Your imagination is colored by the 'Atom' series of 2008. These new 'Atom' SoCs are quad core, possess FAR superior multithreading capabilities, better graphics and runs pretty well.

4llerbuntu:

and truth be told, are these 'mobile' devices not for content consumption? you really thinkthese devices can handle for grunt work at whatever lowered settings and resolution?

These mobile devices are for whatever the user wants. And with the full Windows, the user can do a whole lot of things. This isn't iOS or Android...Windows allows for easy content creation. And while you'll never set benchmarks alight with these tablets, you can easily fire up Adobe CS or AutoCAD for some quick work on the go.

4llerbuntu:
i daresay if this picture of tech nirvana you have posted is accurate then Microsoft has shot windows in the foot.

if this is true then windows will be free on desktop within 3 years.

Windows will never be free for desktop...at least not for a long while. They can let it be free for tablets and small form factor laptops to gain marketshare, but there's not much competition at the desktop level...certainly not from Ubuntu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by Les: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
repogirl: which one is lies? I am telling you my experience, you are saying lies, I download on uc browser but I can't log into my nairaland account from it, it never logs in, so I use IE and IE has its issues!

go to your store, VLC is there. And there are other apps, the only problem is that they have no free version. Right now, on browsing with uc browser and upload pics s much as I want. Your problem is more personal than windows. So for the Bluetooth ish, your Bt must be on and paired with the other device before you can send files through it. The only problem is that it can't send multiple files at once except jpeg files(pix) but the advantage of this is that you can send diff files to many devices AT THE SAME TIME. can any android beat that?? Before you do this, watch ur device ram o, unless Na crash upon crash. Switch over to windows 8.1 and see the wonders of Cortana. Try to on your Bt and pair before sending files of problem persist, return your phone. Try it. Btw, bbm Is on windows.
Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by texazzpete(m): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
4llerbuntu:

watched this Fifa video. i think its ludicrous. the app does not seem to be aware that its running on a touchscreen enabled device. am i going to be lugging a keyboard and gamepad about with an 8 inch tablet just to play a game?

if i have to load up bluestacks to run the android version, why don't i just use an android tablet?

i get your point about the possibility of getting much more out of these devices, i just don't see the practicability.

It's not an app. It's a full Win 32 game. It's not designed for a touchscreen.
You don't need the Android version, there's a stripped down version for Windows Metro, same as the Android and iOS versions. those have touch controls. This just gives you the added flexibility of being able to run the FULL version when you're stationary.

4llerbuntu:
am i going to be lugging a keyboard and gamepad about with an 8 inch tablet just to play a game?

No. You're going to do what most sane people would do and connect this thing called a gamepad (ever heard of it before?) to your Windows tablet via Bluetooth. Xbox pad, Playstation pad, thousands of 3rd party PC pads...

Seems you only think outside the box when it comes to Linux. Weird.

1 Like

Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by sammyzzy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
My only problem is that can u print out typed document from the MS office via a cable enabled printer or bluetooth enable printers
Re: Windows Releases Cheapest Tablet Yet...cost Only N20 000 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
4llerbuntu:

i have had the pleasure of using touchscreen laptops with windows 8 at even higher screen sizes. if you manage to stick to just touch input on desktop apps then you deserve a medal for skill and fortitude. you are a better man than i will ever be.

Truth be told, are these 'mobile' devices not for content consumption? you really think these devices can handle grunt work at lower hardware specs and resolution?

If this picture of technological nirvana you have posted is accurate then Microsoft has shot windows in the foot. Windows will be free on desktop within 3 years.

My prediction has come to pass in less than a year

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Modified Bounce Tariff Plan / Samsung Galaxy J2 Features, Specification Review And Price / Please, Between Xiaomi Note 8 And Samsung A20s, Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.