Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Islamic Slavery In Africa - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Slavery In Africa (15336 Views)

Slavery In Old Israel / There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / Did You Know There Is Going To Be Slavery In Heaven ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by REMMEI(m): 4:53am On Mar 20, 2015
I'm so blessed to be on this page.. I followed but few people on nairaland and now I'm automatically following the OP cos of this wonderful enlightenment..and I will continue to preach this cos I've been doing so before now..I know someday, somehow we will emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery.. I've been to the mosque, read the quran and as well to the church studied the bible.. I can't just trade our cultures for these two religion..

Our problem is most Afrika youths are not willing to seek for information.. we care less about history..whereby we give room for the oppressors..

Those books I sure will get them.. and more like them.. we've a lot of work to do..

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by ghostofsparta(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
REMMEI:
I'm so blessed to be on this page.. I followed but few people on nairaland and now I'm automatically following the OP cos of this wonderful enlightenment..and I will continue to preach this cos I've been doing so before now..I know someday, somehow we will emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery.. I've been to the mosque, read the quran and as well to the church studied the bible.. I can't just trade our cultures for these two religion..

Our problem is most Afrika youths are not willing to seek for information.. we care less about history..whereby we give room for the oppressors..

Those books I sure will get them.. and more like them.. we've a lot of work to do..

True to the reality that Afrikan youths prefer the koan and bybool. Follow me and make sure you read here as well

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by isalegan2: 4:59pm On May 13, 2015
JackBizzle:

When did you become an Arab history remixer/romanticist like Tbaba?

Arab/Islamic slavery of Africans was worse!

-Many of the slaves were killed. (how many slave descendants do you see in Arab lands?)
-Castration
-Walking across deserts to death
-Forced conversion
-Denial

The last one is the most painful...the Arabs never apologised and the Nigerian muslim keeps denying islamic involvement in slavery.

You need to separate Arab from Islam/Qur'an. The Arabs had slaves, but Islam rejects slavery, burial of live female children, and other atrocities practiced by Arabs (at the time). These are the things Prophet Muhammed preached against and was persecuted for, by his own people. Muhammed, the Qur'an, Muslims, are not responsible for slavery or for Arabs' long-held tradition. Muhammed himself was against tribalism and racism, and fought against his own people's ignorance for decades, and his successors continued to fight for centuries afterwards. Learn that!

The Bible (version that I've read) tells slaves to obey their owners/masters and not fight for their freedom. Instead, they are to wait for freedom in the "next life," after they're already dead. Of course, reformers dismiss that, and it didn't stop Martin Luther King, Jr., from becoming one of the greatest Christian freedom-fighters ever. To some, it is about interpretation. People pick and choose different passages to justify their evil deeds, including enslavement and other injustice.

Ultimately, the goal is for Africans to put their Africanness before any foreign beliefs that seek to oppress them, debase their humanity or devalue their contribution to the world.

Amin Ashe!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by jcross19: 11:35pm On May 13, 2015
isalegan2:

You need to separate Arab from Islam/Qur'an. The Arabs had slaves, but Islam rejects slavery, burial of live female children, and other atrocities practiced by Arabs (at the time). These are the things Prophet Muhammed preached against and was persecuted for, by his own people. Muhammed, the Qur'an, Muslims, are not responsible for slavery or for Arabs' long-held tradition. Muhammed himself was against tribalism and racism, and fought against his own people's ignorance for decades, and his successors continued to fight for centuries afterwards. Learn that!

The Bible (version that I've read) tells slaves to obey their owners/masters and not fight for their freedom. Instead, they are to wait for freedom in the "next life," after they're already dead. Of course, reformers dismiss that, and it didn't stop Martin Luther King, Jr., from becoming one of the greatest Christian freedom-fighters ever. To some, it is about interpretation. People pick and choose different passages to justify their evil deeds, including enslavement and other injustice.

Ultimately, the goal is for Africans to put their Africanness before any foreign beliefs that seek to oppress them, debase their humanity or devalue their contribution to the world.

Amin Ashe!
are you sure that islam forbid slavery? What about when mohamMAD was telling his follower to messed up any female slave their right hand possess, what is that if you doubt me now okay let give you where its written in qoran :33:50. Tell me the meaning

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by grandstar(m): 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
ghostofsparta:

First of all let it be known to you that the founding fathers of America were deistic who modeled their constitution after humanistic principles rather than the religious ideology that plunged the nation they emigrated from into draconian worlds, not only that, for they also very much knew that their new settled continent would definitely descend into a totalitarian system as it was in almost every part of monarchical Europe. So they came up with a constitution wherein the State affair is separated from religion, elevating their society with libertarian philosophies, hence America being the liberal and understanding society it is today which is the foundation that has been nurturing their growth. Don't be deceived by their 'In God We Trust' and 'God's Own Country' slogan for Americans believe in the might of the gun before any God. They never consulted God before invading Vietnam, they never consulted God before assuming to police the world (which I'm in support of) for any nation can do the same if they possess the same might and strength they have and still accommodate from intellectualism to technologies, yeah other nation can do it ONLY if religion is stamped out like the Americans founding fathers did. Click here to see images of their founding fathers giving no credence whatsoever to Christianity (But ofcourse that's after their European predecessors employed Christianity as a potent too to wipe out the original land owning native Indians) just as the Arabs did and are still doing to Africans through Arabisization under numerous jihadic campaigns waged by their black-arabs slaves throughout Africa! just as we have Boko-haram in Nigeria, al-Shabaab-al-mujahideen in Somalia, and the supporter of APC used by al-Bashir to murder millions of non-Muslim blacks in Sudan south in the name of religious cleansing disguised as civil war to the world.

Perhaps, maybe by 'Godly foundation' you are referring to the cruelty and annihilation the conquering forefathers from Europe met on the red Indian natives (who are the original inhabitants of what is now known today as USA). Are you aware that they European colonialists utilized three tools; Religion (Christianity), Bio-warfare(Diseases) and Technology (superior arms and weapons) to expurgate the so-justified native Indian heathens off their massive lands from Canada down to New Mexico, after which, they descended on Africans for slaves to work their usurped New World. Regardless of, however...of the two-most evil doers, we should be forgiven and to an extent, be grateful for the transatlantic slavery in a way because Arabs who had long been enslaving blacks in Africa before Spain was even hijacked over by the Moorish Arab. Arab enslavement on Africa was not only the longest, it was far more heinous, devastating and still destabilizing that it makes the Jewish holocaust seem puerile, like comparing the lizards(Jewish holocaust) to dinosaur(lost and destroyed African kingdoms and Arab enslavement). The Arabs had been enslaving black Africans for centuries before the exploring Europeans set foot on the shores of coastal Africa. Today, a whole lot of African-Americans still exist in The New World aka America and elsewhere in the diaspora being the descendants of our enslaved forefathers who were nevertheless allowed to procreate among themselves, but the same can not be said of the Arab enslavement of Africans who were chained-marched across the Sahara desert to various Arab conquered nations where they were sold off after been to turned to eunuchs as demanded by the Arab slave merchants from the Arab slave-dealers in various bazaars, the Arab slave merchants purchases the castrated African male slaves on behalf of the sheiks who would not like the slaves responding to an erection when ordered to fetch their wives from their harem quarters. Thus, the African slaves in Arab world were denied their right to reproduce by mating with their African she-slaves who were used for sex-slaves and other dehumanizing purposes, and hence the reason why no African-arabs can be seen today in Arab countries, the way African-americans such as Will Smith, Opera Winfrey, Eddie Murphy, Denzel Washington etc can be seen by the world. Invading arabs sustained centuries of enslavement of Africans by causing ripple effect through successive jihad to which it is from destabilized African kingdoms and societies successful slave-raids can be executed. The Arabs had many agent to do this for them, among which are the Fulanis, Touaregs, Bedouins etc who fired flaming arrow to burn down huts in villages wherein scampering Africans are captured in to a life of slavery, this and other techniques the used are detailed in several books such as Arab Muslim World: Architect of Slavery in Africa by Jean Marie Dia (Barnes & Noble), Slavery In The Arab World by Murray Gordon and Islamic Jihad: A Legacy of Forced Conversion, Imperialism, and Slavery by M.A. Khan. The fulani jihadist 'Uthman Dan Fodio, is portrayed in our school textbook as an excellent warrior who wage war against the evil inhabitants of Hausaland is nothing but a ruse, the jihadists alone was said to have maintained the greatest slave empire in West-African alone who I read in one old publication committed r@pery of very young girls. They (Fulani Arabs) still continue to effect instability on us through the use of government, politics, deliberate economic strangulation as justified through their still burning jihadistic campaign to dip the Koran into the sea coasts of West Africa. Basically, the Greeks never enslaved Africans as it was one of their laws, the Europeans did but wasn't as devastating to what the Arabs who have been enslaving Africans before the Euro-americans came. The Arabs never intended even long after the whites abolished it in America and Europe, that's why today they are black still sold as slaves in countries like Mauritania

Arabs are the worst for they have never showed any form of remorse for what they did to the black Africans they enslaved,
Euro-americans have apologized in various ways (the Arabs will never do this),
Euro-americans have written numerous books on it where it was detailed and condemned (the Arabs haven't done this)
Euro-americans have shot countless documentaries and movies to show the world the evil their fore-fathers did (the arabs would never do this)
Euro-american supply aids and assistance to 3rd world African countries in various forms including DV-Lottery, etc (the arabs will never do this)

There are actually black Arabs in the Gulf states and are descendents of slaves. That means not all black male slaves were castrated.

In Yemen for instance where they constitute 5% of the population, they are referred to as the servants.

In Gaza strip, between 1 to 2% are black Palestinian. A female amongst them is a well known athlete.

Please Google for info

urahara
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by urahara(m): 2:47am On Dec 21, 2018
grandstar:

There are actually black Arabs in the Gulf states and are descendents of slaves. That means not all black male slaves were castrated.

In Yemen for instance where they constitute 5% of the population, they are referred to as the servants.

In Gaza strip, between 1 to 2% are black Palestinian. A female amongst them is a well known athlete.

Please Google for info

urahara

Wooow , and for some weird reason it's okay when Arabs call them servants.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by true2god: 4:40am On Dec 21, 2018
isalegan2:

Amin Ashe!
I hope you are not an alien from the outer space. Mohammed own, bought and sold slaves. This fact is well documented in Islamic traditions in the hadith and altabari. To the Arabs, Allah had made them superiors to all races, including whites, and deserves respect from the abduls from other races. The Arabs still look back at the glorious days of the khalifa when all non-arabs were subservient to their Muslim-arab masters. Never to forget that almost all male slaves were castrated so that black male population can be drastically reduced or eliminated in the Arab world.

The Islamic poster black boy, Bilal, was equally a black slave owned by the first rightly guided khalifa, Abu Bakr. He was a popular slave boy among the sahabas and at a time, according to sahih bukhari, had to beg the prophet to grant him freedom. I have not seen any record to prove that his call for freedom was granted.

Among all the black slaves mentioned in the hadith, I never see any of them that had and raise a family of their own. The nuclear family of Bilal, unlike Abu Bakr, Umar ibn kathab, Uthman ibn affan, Ali ibn Mutalib etc, were not mentioned. This is to tell you that the chances that he had a family of his own never existed or was very slim.

Aside Bilal, the prophet and his sahabas had so many black slaves and non of the slaves, at least as narrated in the hadith of Bukhari and Muslim, built a family of their own. Why? The Arabs masters made it so. If the God of the Arabs, Allah, can sanction the enslavement of black people, why do you think the descendants of the prophets and his sahabas think otherwise. Of course the Arabs will consider it a favour for the blacks to be enslaved because the enslaved black will have the opportunity to also worship their God, Allah.

If you take a look at the Arab world, what is the population of blacks there? Why is it less than 1% after 1400 years of Islamic slavery? Do your fundings and revert if you can or care.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 4:02am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree, come and defend your Arab overlords
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 4:11am On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:
Emp.iree, come and defend your Arab overlords
Arabs are different from Islam. Thank God
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 4:14am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:

Is that your best defense? The Arabs that took slaves from Africa were muslims. The used justification from their religion to take slaves.

One has to ask why they didn't take slaves before the advent of Islam.
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 4:22am On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:

Is that your best defense? The Arabs that took slaves from Africa were muslims. The used justification from their religion to take slaves.

One has to ask why they didn't take slaves before the advent of Islam.
any arabs that took slaves or enslaved fellow humans after revelation of Quran was completed disobeyed Quran. Quran, upon its completion put an end to slave trade.
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 4:29am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
any arabs that took slaves or enslaved fellow humans after revelation of Quran was completed disobeyed Quran. Quran, upon its completion put an end to slave trade.

Lies.

Slavery is accepted in Islam. Islamic countries were the last on abolishing slavery and they had to use secular law to banish slavery.

Please, tell me the punishment for slavery in Islam.
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by aadoiza: 4:33am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
Dumb people full this world, Wallahi.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 4:35am On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:

Lies.

Slavery is accepted in Islam.
Islamic countries were the last on abolishing slavery and they had to use secular law to banish slavery.

Please, tell me the punishment for slavery in Islam.
Case closed since you already made up your mind, and you know so much about islam. You will be wasting my time here and we never gonna solve anything on this platform.

Good night
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 4:45am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
Case closed since you already made up your mind, and you know so much about islam. You will be wasting my time here and we never gonna solve anything on this platform.

Good night

See dodging!

Run run run!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 16, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

1) True. However it was too late by then. millions of slaves had already been transported by then. Britain turned on a better leaf towards its later stage but the rough treatment in its former colonies continued. Britain conquered the americas as well, destroying many Native tribes. by the time they left, the damage had already been done. Britain was the cause of a lot of damage in the world. and then made attempts to wash its hands off it. E.g., creation of israel, etc.

Look I am not denying African slavery by Arabs.

but if you compare the household treatment of Arab slaves to White slaves, you will know what I am talking about.

One of the only serious bad treatment of Arab slaves was the eunuch system and the horrible ordeals they had to go through to lose their manhood. but later on , they were most highly priced and owned by rich classes as harem guards. THey would normally rise to the highest positions of Governor, etc., since they were most trustworthy.

the other bad things was religious conversion, transportation conditions, etc. and slavery itself ofcourse.

Britain didn't turn a leaf due to some moral or righteous ground. They just realised it was easier and more profitable to have Africans on African farms producing cheap raw materials for British companies. The British (and Arabs) are the most despicable of humans I've ever read about.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2019
Cc tingtingz ati usermane
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

1) True. However it was too late by then. millions of slaves had already been transported by then. Britain turned on a better leaf towards its later stage but the rough treatment in its former colonies continued. Britain conquered the americas as well, destroying many Native tribes. by the time they left, the damage had already been done. Britain was the cause of a lot of damage in the world. and then made attempts to wash its hands off it. E.g., creation of israel, etc.

Look I am not denying African slavery by Arabs.

but if you compare the household treatment of Arab slaves to White slaves, you will know what I am talking about.

One of the only serious bad treatment of Arab slaves was the eunuch system and the horrible ordeals they had to go through to lose their manhood. but later on , they were most highly priced and owned by rich classes as harem guards. THey would normally rise to the highest positions of Governor, etc., since they were most trustworthy.

the other bad things was religious conversion, transportation conditions, etc. and slavery itself ofcourse.
HedwigesMaduro:

Britain didn't turn a leaf due to some moral or righteous ground. They just realised it was easier and more profitable to have Africans on African farms producing cheap raw materials for British companies. The British (and Arabs) are the most despicable of humans I've ever read about.
You are both right
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
You are both right

So you accept that Arab muslims took slaves?
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:

So you accept that Arab muslims took slaves?
Mister, it is not difficult at all for anyone to realize your intent. These guys I quoted above placed blamed on Arabs and British without mentioning their religions for the most part. But you on the other hand have alterior motives which makes your look silly. cool
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
Mister, it is not difficult at all for anyone to realize your intent. These guys I quoted above placed blamed on Arabs and British without mentioning their religions for the most part. But you on the other hand have alterior motives which makes your look silly. cool

Ulterior motives?

The British and Americans apologised for their involvement in slavery. Churches have apologised.

Your Arabs and their mosques nko? Nothing. No apology.

There are numerous Islamic scholars that admit that slavery is part of Islam. But you will never agree. Dishonesty is your way
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:

Ulterior motives?

The British and Americans apologised for their involvement in slavery. Churches have apologised.

Apologies indeed undecided

At what point did they ever decolonized Africa?. They Colonized but never ever decolonized Africa. Their "apologies" were nothing but dust in your eyes.

There is no difference to physical slavery and financial slavery. Both European CHRISTIANs and Arabs were guilty of physically enslaving Africans. However, modern slavery which puts entire Africa in financial guatanamo, was and is perpetrated by European and American CHRISTIANs till this day. Arabs have less impact on this in Africa Which means Europeans enslavement of Africans is still pretty much alive today.

Just few weeks ago UK military accidentally spilled the beans about UK attempt to recolonize Africa. They were bursted and Terrasa May(PM) was upset about it. If you think Africa is free from Europeans and American slave masters, definitely your brain is enslaved.

The worst form of slavery is not physical but mental one. If you are physically enslave but your brain is free, you will eventually plan your way out. But if your mental thinking faculty is enslaved, which is exactly your case, then, that's a big problem. European slave masters and their colonial systems are still in place in Africa. Therefore, Africans are still under European colonial rules.

But your hatred for religion of Islam which is part of European mental game is injected in your brain is the reason you can not critically think.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Logicbwoy: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:

At what point did they ever decolonized Africa?. They Colonized but never ever decolonized Africa. Their "apologies" were nothing but dust in your eyes.

There is no difference to physical slavery and financial slavery. Both European CHRISTIANs and Arabs were guilty of physically enslaving Africans. However, modern slavery which puts entire Africa in financial guatanamo, was and is perpetrated by European and American CHRISTIANs till this day. Arabs have less impact on this in Africa Which means Europeans enslavement of Africans is still pretty much alive today.

Just few weeks ago UK military accidentally spilled the beans about UK attempt to recolonize Africa. They were bursted and Terrasa May(PM) was upset about it. If you think Africa is free from Europeans and American slave masters, definitely your brain is enslaved.

The worst form of slavery is not physical but mental one. If you are physically enslave but your brain is free, you will eventually plan your way out. But if your mental thinking faculty is enslaved, which is exactly your case, then, that's a big problem. European slave masters and their colonial systems are still in place in Africa. Therefore, Africans are still under European colonial rules.

But your hatred for religion of Islam which is part of European mental game is injected in your brain is the reason your can not critically think.

See this Muslim clown. Do you think I don't know how the West exploits Africa?

The issue here is Arabic slavery. You are a hypocrite. When Europeans enslaved Africans, its Christian slavery but when Arabs do it, it has nothing to do with Islam.

Again, where is the apologily from Arab muslims? No reparations?

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Empiree: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
Logicbwoy:

See this Muslim clown. Do you think I don't know how the West exploits Africa?

The issue here is Arabic slavery. You are a hypocrite. When Europeans enslaved Africans, its Christian slavery but when Arabs do it, it has nothing to do with Islam.

Again, where is the apologily from Arab muslims? No reparations?
bye. I knew you had motives. You started by getting Islam into this. Now that I brought European CHRISTIANs up you are shivering. I don't need you to educate me on this.

Have a good day

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by JeromeBlack: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
bye. I knew you had motives. You started by getting Islam into this. Now that I brought European CHRISTIANs up you are shivering. I don't need you to educate me on this.

Have a good day

You can only run run run.....
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by JeromeBlack: 4:28am On Jun 17, 2019
aadoiza:

Dumb people full this world, Wallahi.

Keep quiet. You are calling people dumb when you are ignorant of your own religion that supports slavery.

Go and research on how your prophet engaged with slavery.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Omoluabi16(m): 6:39am On Jun 17, 2019
Empiree:

But your hatred for religion of Islam which is part of European mental game is injected in your brain is the reason you can not critically think.
Little wonder se.un had to give you guys padlock and key in your section. Softies who get found out and exposed real quick. Damning evidence about Arab/Islamic involvement in slavery, and this brother found a way to spin to Anti-america/British propaganda.
Sex and rape is a great tool in your Arab/Islamic world.true.
Look at Libya, Yemen and these countries where slavery is prevalent. Libyan slavery happened as recent as 2017.How about your 'Holy' land Saudi? Nahh..We must please Allah at all costs.
Nothing more laughable than this term European Christian. European countries are DEEPLY secular, built in freedom. That's why there are Christians, Muslims, gays, transgenders and anything you can find.

Arab countries are openly unapologetically ISLAMIC. Don't be a sheep.
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by Omoluabi16(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2019
Normally this should even make Front Page..But some people will get so butthurt
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by true2god: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2019
Nice topic that deserves front page. Can/will Nairaland admin do the needful?
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by JeromeBlack: 9:27am On Jun 17, 2019
true2god:
Nice topic that deserves front page. Can/will Nairaland admin do the needful?

Lalasticlala
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by aadoiza: 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Keep quiet. You are calling people dumb when you are ignorant of your own religion that supports slavery.

Go and research on how your prophet engaged with slavery.
Whatever
Re: Islamic Slavery In Africa by JeromeBlack: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
aadoiza:

Whatever

There is an Islamic word for people like you

Munafiqun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.