Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,060 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Birthday Party For One Year Old - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Birthday Party For One Year Old (21974 Views)

MC Oluomo Throws ‘Braless’ Birthday Party (Photos) / Pictures From The Birthday Party Of A Female Nairalander / Checkout This Hilarious Invitation To A Birthday Party In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birthday Party For One Year Old by Imme: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2008
I am planning a one year birthday for my daughter.

Please can somebody in the house advice me on what to do (food, entertainment, activities, gifts etc) to make it a memorable occasion.

The venue will be my house in order to cut cost.
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by Gamine(f): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
Nice, Where are you?

There was a One-year old party i was to attend yesterday, i passed on it sha, still got the cake grin

but ive attended a number of them i know, agbaya.lol cheesy
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by JamaicanQT(f): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2008
AWWWW I LOVE BABIES SHE MUST SO CUTE,

YOU CAN PROBABLY INVITE A FEW KIDS OVER AND HAVE A SMALL PARTY BUY A LOVELY CAKE, ICE CREAM, SWEETS AND GOODIES BAGS, U COULD PROBABLY RENT A BOUNCE ABOUT FOR HER AND THE OTHER KIDS TO PLAY IN, GOOD LUCK
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by bigfather(m): 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2008
When i organised a birthday bash for my daugther,that was 2yrs ago. I had to spend like 150k though it was during the xmas holiday, so u can imagine the kind of crowd i had to put up with. It got to a stage that i had to excuse my self out of the party.
But in your own case, i wouldn't know how much you would want to spend,but u can just organise a get together or a palour party. You can just budget between 100k.That is if you want to cut cost .
please invite me o !  smiley
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by mohawkchic(f): 4:18am On Oct 29, 2008
[b]For entertainment,i always recommend games like Pass The Parcel,Island,Rhymes,Simon Says,Musical Chair . . . its always a big hit w/ kids & more attension is given to the occassion of the party!!

For these activities,you'll need to wrap up gifts for the winners,it can be anything fun & not expensive at all!{school essential like pencil,pens, erasers, sharpners, pencil cases}You'll need to get some one who can hold the kids attension & make fun and games interesting,no need saying how easily bored kids get!!

I can't tell you how many kids parties i've been to that left me wondering if it was indeed a kids party,the adults tend to get more attension that the kids!! Endless running around & stuffing their faces with food is not a great way to celebrate your child's birthday so keeping them occupied with interactive games where they get to win prizes . . . .adds tons more fun!! the look on their faces is priceless!!

Music is always a hit with the kids with half the kids nowadays knowing the lyrics to all the hit songs,with the right songs,it'll be no problem having a dance off competition,floor filler!!

Depending on the choice of diet in your location/guests i suppose the variety of food is your choice . . .I always stick with healthy light  choice of menu for food!!balances the treats of sweets grin afterall whats a party without sweets grin finger food,fruits, buscuits,i also do goody bags to take home after the party's over,usually have Yoyo's,chocies,crisps . .

You can also blow balloons & sticky tape them on the ceilings,doors,birthday banners to give your home a party feel wink [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by spikedcylinder: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2008
Whats your intended budget Imme and where are you?
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by plappville(f): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2008
I am planing my baby boy first birtday by the end of november, this is a very important moment in the life of kids even if they are not very aware of what the occasion is. I don't know how cost it is to celebrate kids birthday in nigeria as i ve never experienced kids party while in 9ja.

U will have to do some animating creation all over the enviroment where the occasion will take place, buy her a very beautiful clothes as that happens to be her special day.

U may try to video it becos ur baby will be glad to view her first birthday on a screen when she will become aldult, this is a great memory.

Parcage gifts for invities, i mean the kids that will come to share ur daughter up.

I wish her a wonderful birthday.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by abujabooks(f): 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Imme,

If u r in London, I can tell u where to buy everything at wholesale prices.

From food, vegetables, party packs, everythin.
Re: Birthday Party For One Year Old by Imme: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2008
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I am in lagos and plans to spend 200k, but from the look of things, i wonders if it will be enough.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You Planning To Organize Or Host An Event That Will Last In Your Memory For / Seven Kinds Of Ladies You Find In A Wedding Reception / M.I.C Boss, Tunji Okusanya Buried In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.