Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

One Year But Can't Crawl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Year But Can't Crawl (6729 Views)

I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. / Its Our One Year Anniversary / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year But Can't Crawl by Imme: 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
Please experienced mothers or peadiatrician should advise me.
My baby is one year but she is yet to crawl, stand unsupported or walk.

I took her to her peadiatrician and he said that some children are slow and there is no problem.

I am really worried since this is my first child and have not seen any baby that had not started crawing at one year.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by kokoye(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
I feel ur pain. But is ur child doing other things that she should be doing at this age though?

Keep on praying and have hope. Like ur Ped said, she might just be 'chilling'. Although it's male kids that usually lag most of the time.

Good luck. All will be well
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by MrCrackles(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2008
aaw!
i hope your child walks soon!
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by nana(f): 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hmm,don't know about the crawling but my mum told me i started walking without any support at the age of 3 dang. Take it easy with her and am sure she would surpise u soon. Babies of nowadays mature very fast.

1 Like

Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by bigfather(m): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
You need not to worry yourself. My daugther started walking when she clocked one. So just give her some time,am sure by the time she starts walking, you would get tired of chasing her around.

1 Like

Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by KarmaMod(f): 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2008
Do you carry her alot?
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by bigfather(m): 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

Do you carry her alot?

Yeah, that's another good question. Some babies like to cling on to their mothers a whole lot !
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by benincitys(f): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
get that child to another doctor and get a thourough check up done, don't worry all children develop differently maybe he start walking without crawling.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by ikeyman00(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2008
well dnt think there is anything wrong with her, give her time and encourage her to stand, crawl
our youngest sista took ages to crawl

so be patient, it soon be thing of the past

doctor? not too sure
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Truequest(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
I suppose because that child is your first, it is most likely that you guys have always carried the child.
Don,t carry that child so often, allow the child to push itself arround keep things arround him/her and let the child get them without assistant. That way those limbs will start getting strong through those exercises. Be rest assured that in no time everything will be alright.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
Your baby needs Jesus. grin grin

O.k!! Now let me get serious.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your child. I am no parent but I practically raised two kids (Long story). Just make sure the child is properly fed, especially foods rich in calcium (for strong bones), then get the child some walking aids (Like a baby walker, e.t.c).

Create a condusive, soft, hazard free place in your home where you can put the baby on the floor and he/she can roll over or even fall without hurting his/herself.

Their was also a trick, we use on one of the kids. We kept his food on the floor nearby but out of his reach and let him try to get it. At first it did not work but later.

Just be pateint, some kids are faster than others.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by mohawkchic(f): 3:36am On Oct 29, 2008
[b]~ Does your child bum-shuffle? ie move by dragging  bum . . . some children get really comfy doing the bum shuffle & make no attempt to crawl but walk in their own time or with support!!

~ My son walked a couple of days to his first birthday,but he was doing a heck of a lot of bum shuffle,holding onto things  & crawling!!

~ Its every mother's expectation for their child to be walking by their first birthday,if there's no medical  reason why he's neither crawling,bum shuffling,be assured he will walk in his own time!!

~ It is perfectly normal that some children don't walk until they're 16 or 17 months old. The important thing is the progression of skills; if your baby was a little late learning to roll over and crawl, chances are he'll need a few extra weeks or months for walking as well, as long as he keeps learning new things, you don't have to be overly worried!!

~ Every Baby develop skills differently, some more quickly than others, but if yours seems to be lagging behind significantly,after trying to encourage him to walk/crawl, without much progress,bring it up with your doctor again!!

~ In the meantime you can encourage him to start crawling/walking by playing games with baby!!Unfortunately baby walkers & other toys that make might seem to help baby walk are not highly recommended but if it helps,try it . . my son actually used a toy he use to hold onto & push!!i wasnt keen on the baby walker !!

~ My advice will be making your child spend as much time on the floor,don't hover around him as long as its a safe enviroment for him to want to explore,place toys that will attract his attension to  make him want to reach for it!!

*Support him to stand up & try to move his legs!!

Found this link,hope it helps wink [/b]

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/what-can-i-do-to-help-my-baby-learn-how-to-walk/
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by abujabooks(f): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2008
@imme,

She will walk. I know how u feel. My boys walked around 15 months.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Busybody2(f): 12:06am On Nov 01, 2008
Don't stress yourself, my son did not walk till he was 15 months too.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by rasmur5: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2008
My friend's son didn't walk until he was 16 months old and he's perfectly normal.
Also, always a good idea to let babies exercise their leg muscles if they show a desire to stand (when you are holding them). I know there's this old wives' tale that the baby will have bow legs if he/she starts to stand early - bow legs have nothing to do with how early your baby stands.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Pepeye(f): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2008
You need not worry female children tend to be late in crawling walking and even talking sometimes , there is absolutely nothing wrong with your child eh!
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by plappville(f): 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2008
don't worry yourself too much, he will crewl when he is ready, if u try forcing him he will be scared,
I saw this with my 11 months old boy, he is too scared to stand alone, he can hold on objects and work around the home but can't just surport u trying to make him work.

My friend's son crewled at his 13th month, she almost go crazy thinking her boy wont even work, but thanks to God he did walked.

My first boy walked at 10 months old, every child is not thesame, so i didn't want to get border over him not working even befor his first birthday.

It's how God wants it, after all he is medically ok so why worrying.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by asitis(f): 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
Try not to worry since your pediatrician said nothing is wrong, (they know what they talking about), some babies don't even crawl before walking, i remember i went through something similar with my 3 years old who didn't walk till she was almost 2 but was tip toeing, i was so worried but her health visitor keeps assuring me not to worry that's it's a normal and that some babies do tiptoe, it got to a stage that i went to see the GP and insisted he referred her to the hospital, it then turns out that the muscle in her feet needed stretching, she was in cast for 3 weeks and after then she started walking perfectly, what I'm try to say is that i know how you feel especially when people keep asking why is he/she not walking yet, try not to worry, the pediatrician would have said if something was wrong as he/she would have examined her
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Leilah(f): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2008
My little girl didnt crawl until she was a little over one (she was lazy and afriad) she didnt walk til she was just approaching two. All is fine now.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2008
rrr
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by Imme: 10:31am On Nov 07, 2008
Thank you everybody for your contributions. It gave me alot of hope especially those that sighted practical examples. But please remeber her in your prayers.

1 Like

Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by bintab(f): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2008
@imme,the advise of nairalanders are good and very encouraging.i did also draw some inspirations on everybody that contribute to this trends ,a lot of them have personal experiences.My own son is now 14 months he just started crawling, he  was born prematurely at 7 months,Dr said everything is fine with him, they referred him for occupational and physical therapy which i sincerely did not see improvement with, as a nurse i was worrying my self sick thinking my son have some kind of disability, i keep requesting for different test each time he has a well baby chec up trying to check if something is wrong, honestly everything is just fine with him.I called my mom to tell her the development.you know what she said, Gracee relaxed,go back to work ( i stopped working shortly before my son was born and do not feel comfortable leaving him to go back)you spend to much time hovering and cuddling him,pu him on his abdomen on a comfortable and safe place all the time, modify the environment with colorful toys that have sound, musics. I was amazed at what different this made in my son's life ,he can now cruise around the table. I will specifically put you in my prayers because i sincerely understand your predicament but please make him spend 30 mins on the floor at lest 6 time a day specifically on his abdomen ,you will be amaze of the different it will make.
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by mabeni(m): 9:38am On Mar 14, 2021
Imme:
Please experienced mothers or peadiatrician should advise me.
My baby is one year but she is yet to crawl, stand unsupported or walk.

I took her to her peadiatrician and he said that some children are slow and there is no problem.

I am really worried since this is my first child and have not seen any baby that had not started crawing at one year.
she's 14years now and how's she ?

1 Like

Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by prince2pac(m): 10:49am On Mar 14, 2021
mabeni:
she's 14years now and how's she ?
the OP was last seen 10 years ago
Re: One Year But Can't Crawl by mabeni(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
prince2pac:
the OP was last seen 10 years ago
wow! Can you imagine? I didn't check

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Gift Ideas For 2012? / Make Your Christmas Shout Outs. / help !!! she is losing her eye is to infection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.