Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,744 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Is It Really Worth Marrying A Sickle Cell Carrier Because Of Love? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Really Worth Marrying A Sickle Cell Carrier Because Of Love? (534 Views)

The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love / Just Before You Buy That Bleaching Cream: Is It Really Worth It? / Is It Really True That I Look Hausa (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really Worth Marrying A Sickle Cell Carrier Because Of Love? by ayukdaboss(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
I have an Uncle who was well aware of His Status some few months before getting married. Himself and his wife were both AS Carriers but he really loved this woman and she did too so they decided to take/ignore the risks.

Unfortunately for them it all ended bad. They had Two SS Kids (A boy and a girl) and two normal kids. Sadly, the boy died at age 15 and although the girl is now a graduate she isn't okay at all health wise and isn't looking well at all, always in the hospital.

With all these bad situations which could have been avoided if both parties simply decided to move on I want to ask you guys; Is it worth marrying a fellow sickle cell carrier because of Love? Can you do it yourself or would you just walk away to avoid punishing your future kids?
Re: Is It Really Worth Marrying A Sickle Cell Carrier Because Of Love? by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
ayukdaboss: I have an Uncle who was well aware of His Status some few months before getting married. Himself and his wife were both AS Carriers but he really loved this woman and she did too so they decided to take/ignore the risks.

Unfortunately for them it all ended bad. They had Two SS Kids (A boy and a girl) and two normal kids. Sadly, the boy died at age 15 and although the girl is now a graduate she isn't okay at all health wise and isn't looking well at all, always in the hospital.

With all these bad situations which could have been avoided if both parties simply decided to move on I want to ask you guys; Is it worth marrying a fellow sickle cell carrier because of Love? Can you do it yourself or would you just walk away to avoid punishing your future kids?

it can actually b worked on

(1) (Reply)

Religious Crisis: Christians In Lebanon Take To Their Rifles. / Why Are There No Other Forums Comparable To Nairaland? / NFF Sacks Keshi, Picks Amodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.