Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? (5208 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Caseless2: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2014
U de mind dem.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by soulglo: 2:29am On Sep 08, 2014
jayedu108: empty brain u need some proper home training ur mum need to retrain you,cos u still lack some qualities dat my fellow men wants.

The truth is that everybody has a pool of partners they pick from. You obviously have a different pool from the women you are insulting. So just swim in your own pool. Some of our mothers did not even do laundry. It's not a big deal for us. Everybody's clothes were clean but our mothers did not sit under the hot sun scrubbing clothes. So stick with your level and let others stick with theirs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
charles316: so it is wrong for a woman to spot something wrong in fellow women.
I don't agree that not washing your husband's cloth is wrong. It depends on how your home is....

charles316: If it is a man s responsibility to see that d home is okay financially then it is also d woman s role to see that d man s clothes are washed.
You and i know that this is by book o. This days, men are tending towards the side of man and woman both contributing financially and some people even go further to say that the person with the higher income should contribute more. In a case where the wife is earning bigger and contributing more, are you saying the responsibilities are allowed to shift base? or the day the man doesn't bring money, he should ''jejely'' go and carry his clothes and wash them?

charles316: She can use her hand or washing machine, d clothes must be washed.
The clothes will definitely be washed. why not. But you just have to be considerate. Just put yourself in each other's shoes

Hubby hates washing. When he was single, he takes his suits, shirts, natives and the likes to the drycleaner while he has a woman that comes in to wash stuffs like bedsheets and the likes. I don't know how he washes his boxers and singlets.... While we were dating, i didn't use to wash his clothes and it wasn't an issue.

While i was single, i don't wash my clothes too. I work mondays to saturdays standard and when clients' commitment is tight, we put in sundays. the few sundays i am not working, i rest and caught up with family times etc. It is not because i am lazy but where is the time to wash it when i can part with few nairas and have my little resting time to myself?

After the wedding ceremony, we bought a family size washing machine.......

My hubby has more time to himself than me and so he helps sort out all the clothes for washing and i load into the machine (to wash and spin), bring them out of the machine, put in a plastic and he spreads them out to dry while i am busy with some other things. So if anyone see him outside, its easy for them to assume that he is the one washing his clothes while i do nothing.

Marriage is not a competition of ''i bring in the cash and you do the dishes and co'' it is a partnership of ''let's make life easy for ourselves''

please note that my understanding of the OP is about hand washing of clothes.. I might be wrong though...

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
jayedu108: But atleast nt watching d man wash his own clothes haba it a taboo and disrespectful.
yeparipa!!! that means I have been committing abomination. I must be a very naughty and disrespectful woman o. Who will help me appease ''olowo-ori'' mi now?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis: If a woman can wash her baby's/kid's wear, why can't she do same for her husband?

Nowadays, to even feed has become a problem, some women are ready to purchase robotic feeders (if any). We've become so lazy. A woman who washes are clothes, and those of her children, leaving behind her husband's clothes is simply Selfish.

With or without the washing machine, the man-power factor cannot be over-ruled! Despite the number of ATM machines in/outside the bank, we still have tellers and cashiers who count and dispense cash with bare hands.

Lets stop being selfish. It won't help our homes.
Wash her clothes, wash baby's/kids' clothes, wash husband's clothes. If you ask me to do all this, then you want to kill me because i don't have that strength. You can call me lazy o.

and please what is the meaning of man-power factor because anyone can be the man-power whether hubby or wifey...

What is selfish there??

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Godmystrength:
Wash her clothes, wash baby's/kids' clothes, wash husband's clothes. If you ask me to do all this, then you want to kill me because i don't have that strength. You can call me lazy o.

and please what is the meaning of man-power factor because anyone can be the man-power whether hubby or wifey...

What is selfish there??
You mean you can't/don't wash hubby's clothes?

The other line is true, mama cool
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Acidosis:
You mean you can't/don't wash hubby's clothes?

The other line is true, mama cool
i hate washing clothes
irrespective of whose they are....... give me something else to do like
cooking, fixing/repairs, arranging/organising but not washing o. my fingers are no pleasing sight to behold after washing..

You didn't answer my questions
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Godmystrength: i hate washing clothes
irrespective of whose they are....... give me something else to do like
cooking, fixing/repairs, arranging/organising but not washing o. my fingers are no pleasing sight to behold after washing..

You didn't answer my questions
Okay, I understand your reasons ma...

But what do we can a woman who treats her wears and those of her kids with detergent, jik, starch etc; leaving her darling smiley husband's clothes with all the sweat lines in the wardrobe?

It's one thing to tell my wife not to bother or stress herself with my clothes; it is another thing (which I find strange) for a woman to say: "you nor get hands?", "Are you a cripple?", "I'm not a slave", etc.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by tintingz(m): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
our women are no longer submissive to their man.

See them screaming washing machine, una go buy every family the machine?

If you don't like washing or too busy to wash at least wash once in a while, Haba washing your hubby clothes dey kill?
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by parismarc: 8:55am On Sep 09, 2014
jayedu108: I pity dat man dat married u.

And if you are married, i pity the woman that married you too,so who was washing your clothes when you were a bachelor? what happened to your hands? is a woman your slave?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
no biggy in washing your hubby's clothes, I wash my husband's clothes and he does the washing when im heavy, I intend to buy a washing machine now because washing is time consuming.
Re: Why Don't Some Women Wash Their Husband's Clothes? by Godmystrength: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
queenlabisi: no biggy in washing your hubby's clothes, I wash my husband's clothes and he does the washing when im heavy, I intend to buy a washing machine now because washing is time consuming.
Thank you for this your post jare.......Does buying a washing now makes you a lazy person?? i doubt it..........You can imagine a stranger seeing your husband doing the washing (maybe she asked hubby about you and he says you are sleeping) and she just rush to the assumption that you must be lazy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Can Now Buy Breast Milk Online / Is Marriage A Contract Or Covenant / She Wants Me To Give Up Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.