Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k (1918 Views)

Biafra: Dutch Lawyers File Complaint Against Buhari At The Hague - Reuters / Biafra: Dutch, Seven Others To Testify Against Kanu: Punch / 75-Year-Old Man Disarmed Four Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 05, 2014
A 31 year old Nigerian man, Adio Opeyemi Micheal (pictured above) has been arrested by the EFCC for duping a 75 year old dutch woman of €200,000 in an internet romance scam. Find the EFCC press statement below...
"For swindling a 75 year old woman of 200,000 Euros in a romance scam, a 31-year-old confidence trickster, Adio Opeyemi Michael, an indigene of Owu LGA of Ogun state, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC. The victim, a certain Jeanet De Jonge, is a Dutch national." Continue...

Adio allegedly met the victim on the ‘Net log’ dating site and pretended to be a 41-year-old American citizen, working as a chef in a Nigerian restaurant and needs a wife.The profile attracted Jeanet and, in no time, began sending him money through Western Union and Money Gram.
"She was sending me money monthly, ranging from $800 to $900 from June 2012, through Western Union Money transfer and Money Gram to the extent that Western Union blocked her from sending money to me in Nigeria. So she requested that I should go to London to enable her send me money there. I contacted a friend of mine in London called Osas Odiah, so that he can receive the money and send to me here in Nigeria. She first sent €2000 to my friend’s account in London, and later to my Keystone bank account, which was actually a Forex Trade account. We started using this account when we discovered that my friend was not remitting all the money sent by Jeanet to me,” the suspect revealed.

Investigations further revealed that the suspect collected the various sums under the pretext that he was going to use the money to perfect his travel plans and obtain the required documents that would enable him travel to Holland to join or visit Jeanet. But his inability or refusal to honour the invitation from Jeanet prompted the petition to EFCC.

The suspect will be arraigned in court as soon as investigation is concluded.

Source: http://lindaikeji..in/2014/09/efcc-arrest-nigerian-man-for-duping-75.html#more

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by tiswell(m): 2:20am On Sep 05, 2014
And why is a 75yr old lady looking for romance...?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by freeradical(m): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2014
Everyday for the thief.....One day monkey go go market but e no go come back..... I always tell pple that crime does not pay. Now fast guy don become thief.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 05, 2014
tiswell: And why is a 75yr old lady looking for romance...?

What a silly question . Blaming the victim for the crime.
may that 419 thief rot in jail
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 05, 2014
freeradical: Everyday for the thief.....One day monkey go go market but e no go come back..... I always tell pple that crime does not pay. Now fast guy don become thief.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by stinggy(m): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2014
"She was sending me money monthly, ranging from $800 to $900 from June 2012, through Western Union Money transfer and Money Gram to the extent that Western Union blocked her from sending money to me in Nigeria. So she requested that I should go to London to enable her send me money there . I contacted a friend of mine in London called Osas Odiah, so that he can receive the money and send to me here in Nigeria. She first sent €2000 to my friend’s account in London, and later to my Keystone bank account, which was actually a Forex Trade account. We started using this account when we discovered that my friend was not remitting all the money sent by Jeanet to me,” the suspect revealed.

shocked shocked
Ol'menhh
Penzino my guy, come see 'plus'...
9ja I bow!

Good news tho...One after the other, we'll blow the bad guys away outta Nigeria
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by JENMAUCY(f): 4:47am On Sep 05, 2014
I thought this kind of business is associated with the Igbos alone? Or am I mistaken? Wait let me check the name and state...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by eaglechild: 4:47am On Sep 05, 2014
These are the people that give Nigeria a bad name. angry

They need to be exposed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Greedy man, Upon all the money he made through this old lady over the years,. he still couldn't take care of himself... Smh what a lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Everytin dat has a begin, also have an end.. No matter how long it takes, karmer will always catch up wit u.. Nigerians want to make quick money and don't want to pay the ultimate price (hard work).. God cannot be fooled, his words does not return void.. Ill gotten wealth can never last.. Other yahoo boys will not learn, am sure some of dem are reading dis thread.. Ur day of reckoning is near..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by focus7: 5:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Let him go and rot in jail, he does not deserve to live in the society.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Fazhy: 6:46am On Sep 05, 2014
He practically found in the woman, a very functional ATM machine. There is God oooooo...

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Oyinbo women sha! Still searching for sex at 75yrs? Lolz! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2014
JENMAUCY: I thought this kind of business is associated with the Igbos alone? Or am I mistaken? Wait let me check the name and state...
no no no..
yahoo is to Yoruba just as drug trafficking is to Ibo.

The woman would almost die, if not die immediately of shock or heart attack when she sees the picture of the monkey she has been sending money to. I am sure the guy would have showed her a picture of a fit, Caucasian, tanned, blue eyed american guy.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by ndufrank: 6:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Serves the old fat woman right. EFCC should as a matter of urggency free this dude. Person wan use expired pusssy chop fresh dicck
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by MyIncorp: 7:03am On Sep 05, 2014
A 75 year old looking for romance?
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by JENMAUCY(f): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2014
saxywale:
no no no..
yahoo is to Yoruba just as drug trafficking is to Ibo.

The woman would almost die, if not die immediately of shock or heart attack when she sees the picture of the monkey she has been sending money to. I am sure the guy would have showed her a picture of a fit, Caucasian, tanned, blue eyed american guy.
still suprise that another tribe, have something to do with 419, I thought its only the igbos that deals with illegal business and 419 just because of money?
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Orunto: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2014
EFCC IS NOT DOING WELL. WHERE WAS EFCC WHEN BRITAIN KNIGHTED WALTER RAILLEY FOR PLUNDERING ECOWAS SUB REGION? DOES EFCC NOT KNOW THAT SPERM OF YOUNG MEN ARE BEEN SOLD IN CHINA, GERMANY etc. OPEYEMI IS JUST GETTING PAYMENT FOR HIS VIRILITY SINFULLY EXTRACTED BY THAT 75YEARS OLD GERMAN WITCH.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Daniel058(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Na wah ooo! At 75??
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by lilprinze: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Lol white women sha what does she still need romance for at age 75 doesn't she know she is old romance why won't they dupe her which young boy wants to romance an old woman that is 75years old.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2014
JENMAUCY: I thought this kind of business is associated with the Igbos alone? Or am I mistaken? Wait let me check the name and state...
Are you out of your senses? Why bringing Igbo into this? Be careful

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by martyns303(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2014
Reading the comments here saddens my heart, are we blaming the woman for looking for companion and love? Who doesn't want to be loved? She so much wanted to be loved that she paid a whopping N40 million naira for it. Even when money gram blocked her from using their services, the extent she went to make sure she finds happiness, Imagine her pain when she finds out that everything she hoped for was a fraud and a lie!

And all those screaming 75yrs old woman looking for sex, have u seen some 75yr olds? They could pass for 40, and who says it was about sex? And not companionship?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2014
JENMAUCY: still suprise that another tribe, have something to do with 419, I thought its only the igbos that deals with illegal business and 419 just because of money?
And whoever said Ibos are the only people that do illegal business. Was the guy that stole pension funds an ibo man, what of Fred ajudua, what of shina Rambo, anini? All what i said was that some crimes are common to specific regions/people. Just like the italian mafias and mexican cartels. I know where you are driving at, just let it go. it's not worth it.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Arysexy(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2014
martyns303: Reading the comments here saddens my heart, are we blaming the woman for looking for companion and love? Who doesn't want to be loved? She so much wanted to be loved that she paid a whopping N40 million naira for it. Even when money gram blocked her from using their services, the extent she went to make sure she finds happiness, Imagine her pain when she finds out that everything she hoped for was a fraud and a lie!

And all those screaming 75yrs old woman looking for sex, have u seen some 75yr olds? They could pass for 40, and who says it was about sex? And not companionship?

All u are reading here potrays Yoruba hypocrisy.

They all shifted the blame to the victim so.ply bc the bastard scanner their son. The music would have changed if it were to be igbo
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by martyns303(m): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Arysexy:

All u are reading here potrays Yoruba hypocrisy.

They all shifted the blame to the victim so.ply bc the bastard scanner their son. The music would have changed if it were to be igbo
Please unquote me, if all you have to contribute is about which tribe it was that did what! The post said NIGERIAN, not Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by penzino(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2014
stinggy:
shocked shocked
Ol'menhh
Penzino my guy, come see 'plus'...
9ja I bow!

Good news tho...One after the other, we'll blow the bad guys away outta Nigeria
baba MI no be small thing o. This our naija no be here o
Re: EFCC Arrest Nigerian Man For Duping 75 Year Old Dutch Woman Of €200k by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Its greed that will always get nigerians caught. D guy na mumu, he dint have an exit strategy, he wanted to keep feeding off the woman, in hez mind he thought hez found a maga 4 life afta collecting several months of free salary. Meat head.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Flag Off Jabi Lake Resort Project In January 2015! / Just In!! Another Bomb Blast In Abuja, The Same Area As Before (photos) / Chibuike Amaechi's CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.