Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. - Music/Radio (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. (46842 Views)

Rebuttal: On Psquare And Why They Will Never Break Into The US Market / Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Psquare And 2face - Possibility (with lyrics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by chux76(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2014
b1327: wen U knw notin bout somtin u don't give silly suggestion so dat u wil nt look stupid d best tin 2 do wen u knw notin bout somtin is 2 scroll pass it(no beef)

More GIBBERISH coming!! Make room for JagaJaga
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
MissMeiya: When you see comments from Nigerians saying what the OP is saying doesn't matter because they're making money, you can understand why the quality of music and film in Nigeria isn't going anywhere.

WORD!!
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by iamrealdeji(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
johnwizey:
We are on the same side on this. The video is rubbish, the song no sweet sef. When I downloaded the video and showed it to a friend he merely asked me to forward it to TI's part. I think they are loosing it and they should try and go back to the old Psquare we knew. They should try and be original and not try to sound like one foreign artist.
One thing is Nigerian musicians should stop trying to sound American,Americans would just mock them,its impossible for them to sound American,they should stick to Nigerian rap,neighboring American countries like Cuba,Puerto Rico,Dominican Republic has not broken through into US music scene talkless of far Africa,they should stop deceiving,themselves,only Nigerians that can be worldwide celebrated are the Nigerian Americans like Wale,Lil O,Chamillionaire
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by filiks(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
RedEboe:
Till date I have been unable to watch Psquare's Ejeajo music video from begining to end for no other reason than the fact that i find that video/song utterly disgraceful.

Most devoted/diehard Psquare fans feel the same way too, but many will not say a word; some keep on replaying Ejeajo, hoping the song will eventually grow on them...its not happening.

Psquare has released its first major flop and the inclusion of American rapper T.I will not save them this time around.

The Ejeajo song sounded below average, ordinary, nothing catchy, no rhythm and to sum it all up, totally tasteless. It seems as though the sole purpose of this song was just to feature T.I and break into the American market.

I can bet my very last kobo that any American (Black) who's opportuned to watch Ejeajo video will laugh off his seat saying, "Who are these African booty scratchers trying too hard to sound like us and dance better than Usher?"
I felt the same way watching Peter Okoye putting in so much "gra gra" into his dance moves.

But on a serious note, about Nigerian artistes wanting to break into the American market; do these Nigerian artistes think that the Jay Zs, P Diddys and Dr Dre's will sit back and watch Nigerian music break into US Hip hop market? Especially in an America where music and sports are the few things black Americans can really hold on to. So they (Black American artistes) will allow some black African musician to come in and steal their domestic market share?

Nigerian music is already big in many African countries like Kenya,Zambia,Ghana and even South Africa. Do we think indigenous artistes and music promoters in these African countries are happy with Nigerians dominating their respective music scenes?

Why will Black Americans not stay proactive and stop Nigerian music from gaining foothold in their market?

Now here's the truth,someone should tell Psquare that its time to go back to the drawing board and re-invent themselves. I don't know the duo's football age but i'm guessing they are in their mid thirties. When dancing musicians start growing older or maturing, they concentrate more on the quality of their music, where more matured dance steps are incorporated. 'Matured dance steps' here simply means slow but sleeker dance moves, just like USHER in GOOD KISSER. And definitely not the 'gra gra' Peter Okoye was showcasing in Ejeajo, epecially to a lousy song.

I think it's time the Okoye twins take a break from music for some time; perhaps they can go concentrate on their respective marriages or try to mentor younger musicians with the ability to sing and dance.

After a few years, Psquare can return with a new style and sound.

For now,Psquare has lost it and i hope their closest fans and admirers tell them this truth before it's too late.

Remember Dbanj?

Well, why didn't you use MJ to buttress your view? Ok, I know the answer to that; MJ kept going at it even in his fourties! But you think Psquare should rather emulate Usher right? Hilarious!

And talking about Usher, have you seen the video he did with Chris Brown? Usher still dances good! Usher still does stuff I watched him do when he was 18! He retained his style!

Peter did what he's been doing and you call that 'gra graa'? that sounded quite... Are you a sad person? or are you just trying hard to be a critic?

As for 'breaking into american market', Nigerian musicians are not worried about that, one can sell music on. itunes etc. check TuBaba's recent sales and you'll probably be able to project what the future holds for Nigerian music.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dreyl:
They re busy making massive money with their craps while you are here hating,eating garri everyday,sorry for you.
man, I hate idiots like you. A person cannot say his mind without you bastards saying that its all jealousy and hatred. If you don't like ONE of their songs, does it mean that you hate them? Olodo
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
kenbee:
"joblessness" na him cause some one to come up with this piece of jargon when he can not even do a track that can break into his own street market.

Come back in few months time and do the song review. the latest three tracks are sure club bangers!

Haters will always do their job.
you are an absolute lunatic. Just because he said that the track wasn't good, does that make him a hater? Msteew.
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
melojames:
M.I and Wizkid are the two big Nigerian artists i believe can break into the American music industry.
clean lie! But m.- can do it. As for wizkid, he can sing very well but I THINk America dosent need his style
Re: On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. by IamDavidJames(m): 4:10am On Nov 05, 2014
Visit [http://www.knrepublic.com to get the latest track/album and also your entertainment news and gists. Artiste promotion & advertisement placement are also available to a wide range of audience. You can also catch Exclusive Interviews with Gabriel Afolayan among others and also Promising Acts, What's up for This Week and many many more... See you there, stay tuned! wink Also catch Kushnation Republic on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/KNRep on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/knrepublic

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021 (Season 6) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.