Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree (2135 Views)

Universities Still Selling Post Form Or Predegree Form / Degree Foundation Or Predegree / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by solzmuller(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Recommend places that there predegree or Alevel makesense for him
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Following the fallout of poor UTME and Putme
performance for this year, many youngsters are at
a cross road on what next for their academic future.
This piece therefore is an unbiased review of the
difference between predegree(remedial) and IJMB
(Interim joint matriculation board)

PREDEGREE(REMEDIAL)
1.Eight to twelve months programme
2. offers admission to 100L(year one)
3.Requires jamb before admission
4. olevel result must be complete before applying
for the programme.
5.Accepted by just one institution (the institution
running the programme)
6.Not accepted for all courses (e.g Medicine)
7. Result expires after 1 year
8. cost approximately 150k to run in most Nigerian
universities.
9. lectures are revision of olevel topics thus adds
little to the students preparedness for university
education.

IJMB(interim joint matriculation board)
1. Its a fixed nine months programme
2. Offers admission to 200L (year 2)
3. Doesn't require UTME before final admission as
admission is by direct entry(DE)
4. Accepts incomplete olevel and awaiting result
5. Accepted by 75% of all Nigerian universities
6. Accepted for all courses especially medicine, law
and engineering
7. Result expires after fifteen(15) years
8. cost approximately 110k to run
9. Lectures are A level, thus it prepares student for
university education.
Note: This review is to aid you in your decision
making process.
Last bullet: some crawl, some walk, others run and
the rest fly to their destinies..... all that matters is
that you maintain a constant state of motion.

Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
Good news to all aspiring candidates who do not
meet up with the requirements for admission into
any University in Nigeria(private University
inclusive), thinking the next logical option is applying
to a polytechnic or college of education or wait for
another UTME.
Do you know you can still gain admission into
200level come next year? Yes 200Level!
The alternative to admission into University without
UTME(Jamb) is the INTERIM JOINT
MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION(IJMBE)
This program is an Advanced Level(A/Level)
course regulated and conducted by Ahmadu Bello
University Zaria. Applicants gain admission into 200
level in any of
Nigeria's private or public university that
accepts it as a criteria for admission. The program
is open for courses in Science/Engineering,Social
sciences, Arts and Humanities
The program (IJMBE) as articulated on page 4, item
2.2 of the JAMB brochure, runs for less than a year
during which candidates will receive lectures in
preparation for the final examination(coming up by
February 2015)
During the program you will be groomed
extensively on your subject combinations. The
subject combination is being determined by the
course you want to study in the University(as
applied to UTME). For instance, a student who
wants to study Law will offer Literature-In-English,
Government and Economics/ Business
administration.
The Requirements for the Program is a complete O/
Level Result (Max of 2 sittings) and 7 Passport
photographs.
Candidates with deficiency in Mathematics and
English Language can also apply as they will have
the opportunity of registering for any/both subjects.
With IJMBE, your University admission is
guaranteed simply because provisions has been
made for intensive and effective lectures coupled
with an environment that is conducive for learning.
For more info/ questions/private chat, you can
reach me on 08035812144 or log into
www.apexadvancedcollege.com
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by micronut(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
don't mind this isoh guys oooo........ go for pd jare, oau, futa, lautech, unaab,unad (eksu), oou, uniosun......... all run pd, by next year he wld be smiling and very much into d system.......
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by FolabiCash: 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
Let him go for FUTA pre degree. His admission is sure so far he gets 180 in Jamb and 50 final mark in the program
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hh
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
micronut: don't mind this isoh guys oooo........ go for pd jare, oau, futa, lautech, unaab,unad (eksu), oou, uniosun......... all run pd, by next year he wld be smiling and very much into d system.......

You don't call names and say nonsense young friend....if you feel otherwise you simply state your points of objection and make your case.....
.All this children I know no who give una mb
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by haftob(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2014
I will advise A-levels, it's the surest way of getting admission to any university in Nigeria with even ridiculous grades in the exam. I'm nt advertising any skul lyk dos advertising IJMB skuls.IJMB is also gud but most universities in the south don't accept it,only the northern schools accept it. I'm a student of a very high rating engineering course in Unilag and bliv me I entered Unilag with a CDD A-level grade and if u lyk bring AAA in IJMB,unilag won't admit u for even Guidance and Counselling.Even if u av a 5 points out of the max 16 points in A-level,UI will give u any course in science and some courses in engineering,I knw about UI too cos I av friends dia dat entered wit 'ridiculous' grades. I'm using all dis just to illustrate dat A-levels is the best option and it's recognised anywhere in the World. And bliv me, with the exposure u'll get in A-levels, even with getting as low as 5 points,u're 90% sure of finishing the uni with a 1st class!
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2014
haftob: I will advise A-levels, it's the surest way of getting admission to any university in Nigeria with even ridiculous grades in the exam. I'm nt advertising any skul lyk dos advertising IJMB skuls.IJMB is also gud but most universities in the south don't accept it,only the northern schools accept it. I'm a student of a very high rating engineering course in Unilag and bliv me I entered Unilag with a CDD A-level grade and if u lyk bring AAA in IJMB,unilag won't admit u for even Guidance and Counselling.Even if u av a 5 points out of the max 16 points in A-level,UI will give u any course in science and some courses in engineering,I knw about UI too cos I av friends dia dat entered wit 'ridiculous' grades. I'm using all dis just to illustrate dat A-levels is the best option and it's recognised anywhere in the World. And bliv me, with the exposure u'll get in A-levels, even with getting as low as 5 points,u're 90% sure of finishing the uni with a 1st class!
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by haftob(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
belzieee: den there is no hope for me nii
. I got DD and Ungraded(Da Bleep)
U can try ur luck o,u neva can tell. I actually knw a guy who applied to OAU with CCU and was given achitecture. So I'm sure u can be considered for an education course.
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by solzmuller(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
When is the predigree form closing
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by sifo: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do u really start from 200 level with A'level result or IJMB? Someone should pls elaborate on Hw this two processes work because I have a cousin that's been making noise about it and we've been telling him to shut up and face Jamb again.
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 2:39am On Sep 10, 2014
sifo: Do u really start from 200 level with A'level result or IJMB? Someone should pls elaborate on Hw this two processes work because I have a cousin that's been making noise about it and we've been telling him to shut up and face Jamb again.

Yes with an A level result, you are offered admission to 200L in any Nigerian university and in any course via direct entry.
As an A level result holder you don't apply to write jamb(UTME) you rather purchase the Jamb DE form, feel and submit back to jamb office. Jamb does the processing and send your name to your desired school for admission. Atimes and for some schools u don't even need a post UTME

Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by sifo: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2014
isoh:

Yes with an A level result, you are offered admission to 200L in any Nigerian university and in any course via direct entry.
As an A level result holder you don't apply to write jamb(UTME) you rather purchase the Jamb DE form, feel and submit back to jamb office. Jamb does the processing and send your name to your desired school for admission. Atimes and for some schools u don't even need a post UTME
If its direct entry den u'll still have to write Post DE ? And Post DE admission slots are fewer than UTME . Be specific with reference to schools like Uniben and Uniport
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
sifo:
If its direct entry den u'll still have to write Post DE ? And Post DE admission slots are fewer than UTME . Be specific with reference to schools like Uniben and Uniport

Not in all schools....such schools like FUNAAB, FUTMIN, UNICAL, AAU EKPOMMA, UMIOSUN, ABSU, DELSU don't do Post DE
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:16am On Sep 14, 2014
isoh:

Not in all schools....such schools like FUNAAB, FUTMIN, UNICAL, AAU EKPOMMA, UMIOSUN, ABSU, DELSU don't do Post DE
Get ur facts right. Delsu does post DE, and they've written their exam abt 2months ago.
Re: One Of Mycousin Admission This Year So Should He Go To Alevels Or Predegree by isoh(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote wauthor=Kingzy4pep]Get ur facts right. Delsu does post DE, and they've written their exam abt 2months ago.[/quote]

Not an exam but an interview

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Unical Aspirants / When You Lay Hands On Your Computer During Jamb Exam Lol -photo / 500-Level Covenant University Student Dies In Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.