Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? (1114 Views)

What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by Woged2005(f): 9:06am On Sep 05, 2014
If you have been talking with a friend in need who wants to visit your state from out of state, and two of you agreed that she will stay in your house because she indicated she knew nobody in the state. You started making extra arrangements for her, cleaning and stocking on food to make her visit a pleasant one. She even asked you for help to purchase a ticket because she had no money, which you did. Suddenly after the ticket was purchased she called to inform you that she would be staying with her ‘friend’ rather. Then you wondered that this person earlier said she had no friend in town, and also why the sudden change of plan?

Please don't make any assumptions the friend is good or bad. I simply want to know if you are in this situation, considering the efforts you already put in (including the ticket you bought), how will you handle this matter, and how will you treat this person if she finally arrives town? Will you still 'roll out a carpet' for her as planned or simply 'take a back seat' when she arrives?
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by bellong: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Only you know the type of person.

She may discover very late that she had a friend in town.

Since its still the same city, send her the ticket and do what you would have done if she didn't change her mind.

Then, when there arises a second time, do not go out of your way to do her bidding. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2014
Smart babe! She just do you clean 419 grin just look for a way to get back your money then give her space.
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Obviously she didn't know you went through all that trouble to make her stay comfy.... Also she might have thought she'll be inconveniencing you by coming to stay with you, also she might have lately remembered a friend or family member who stayed there... and in order not to bother you decided to stay @ this friend's.

all these are looking at the brighter side of it....
On the other hand....

She might have lied,
She might have tested your reliability,
She might have been a selfish girl who didn't think of anyone else but herself....

I think you're to choose from the above two relating to your earlier impression of her.... Give her the benefit of the doubt if your earlier talks where trusting or.... if you've always seen something fishy in her, then I think she's proved herself unworthy..........

PEACE!!!

4 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2014
ammyluv2002: Smart babe! She just do you clean 419 grin just look for a way to get back your money then give her space.

see your mouth, what if it where you that is being misjudged?
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2014
LittleJAMES:

see your mouth, what if it where you that is being misjudged?
And what if it where you thatz being misjudged? grin

Check it out now! I just don't like friends who are not straight forward. How come all of a sudden a friend appeared from nowhere?
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2014
ammyluv2002: And what if it where you thatz being misjudged? grin

Check it out now! I just don't like friends who are not straight forward. How come all of a sudden a friend appeared from nowhere?

Hey read my post again you'll see my suggestions
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2014
I would tell her i feel bad and used.
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2014
andromida: I would tell her i feel bad and used.

good idea then let her bring explanation ni.
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2014
LittleJAMES:

good idea then let her bring explanation ni.

Exactly.
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by MizMyColi(f): 9:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Woged2005: If you have been talking with a friend in need who wants to visit your state from out of state, and two of you agreed that she will stay in your house because she indicated she knew nobody in the state. You started making extra arrangements for her, cleaning and stocking on food to make her visit a pleasant one. She even asked you for help to purchase a ticket because she had no money, which you did. Suddenly after the ticket was purchased she called to inform you that she would be staying with her ‘friend’ rather. Then you wondered that this person earlier said she had no friend in town, and also why the sudden change of plan?

Please don't make any assumptions the friend is good or bad. I simply want to know if you are in this situation, considering the efforts you already put in (including the ticket you bought), how will you handle this matter, and how will you treat this person if she finally arrives town? Will you still 'roll out a carpet' for her as planned or simply 'take a back seat' when she arrives?
There, you have your answer.
You might wanna inquire who this "friend" is too.
Is it a blind date thing?
Maybe she played you all along, seeing as you're very nice and accommodating, maybe she's being genuine. (follow your intuition)
It beats my imagination though, how she could put you through all that stress only to make such declaration undecided
If it helps, you might wanna make your grievance (if any) known.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by LittleJAMES(m): 9:53am On Sep 05, 2014
andromida:

Exactly.
you sabi joor
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by Rexphobia(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Na free ticket shey dey find. How much was it?
Re: Urgent!!! Please How Will You Handle This Type Of Situation? by bigheart2013(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2014
Hmmmmmmm! I hate manipulative people. They are as terrible as liars and dishonest people. In any case do things for the sake of God not men, you will reap your reward. Needy people are ungrateful, that's why they are needy anyway- they often have character issue! Poverty is not about how much you have. it's about the state of your mind, and your reaction towards wealth.

(1) (Reply)

The Day The World Ended / This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! / A Baby Was Found Dead Inside River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.