Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? (3916 Views)

Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / Airconditioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by ping2ping: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2014
I want to find out if Volkswagen Sharan 2001 model has rear air conditioning? I know that [1995-1999] model does NOT have but just wondering if [2000-2003] has.

Also, some people say that the [1995-1999] model, 4-cylinder (the type mostly used by transporters in Nigeria) uses same engine as Golf 3. How true is this? Does the [2000-2003] model, 4-cylinder use same engine as the pre-2000 model, i.e. supposedly same engine as golf 3? If NO, which of the Volkswagen 4-cylinder vehicles do they share engine with?

I will appreciate all informed responses.

Attached is the picture of 2001 Sharan

Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by ping2ping: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
Please house i need contributions to this thread.
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by Lexusgs430: 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
ping2ping: Please house i need contributions to this thread.

Not a US model so I'm unable to assist.
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by nurey(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
All you have to do is type vw sharan on google and look for wikipedia result. Then follow the model year to your own and you are bound to know all vehicles it shares parts with, what it has, also the rear aircon info will be there. Infact just read everything about ur model year and u will become a pro
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by ping2ping: 8:31am On Sep 06, 2014
Lexusgs430: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=XN4JVPW2F5HoaLfYgKgE&url=http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/brochures/old-brochure/Sharan/Sharan-June-2002.pdf&cd=13&ved=0CEMQFjAM&usg=AFQjCNFedVuRRDYw0vJPfnPdw6dK-mso1A
Open with a PDF file.

Thank you for uploading the file. Its very informative. I was little bit confused if climate control is same thing as air conditioning. In that document, it talked about air con and climate control separately so it got me thinking if they are different things.

@nurey I had checked wikipedia but did not get d info hence my posting it here. I have learnt so much about cars in this forum that I'm always very confident that I cam get info about any car in this forum.
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2014
ping2ping:

Thank you for uploading the file. Its very informative. I was little bit confused if climate control is same thing as air conditioning. In that document, it talked about air con and climate control separately so it got me thinking if they are different things.

@nurey I had checked wikipedia but did not get d info hence my posting it here. I have learnt so much about cars in this forum that I'm always very confident that I cam get info about any car in this forum.

Air-conditioning and climate control, have the same source, but different meanings.
Air-conditioning blows cold air, with manual input.
Climate control automatically controls your air-conditioning unit, in relation to what temperature is attained from outside temperature, ensuring that the right amount of cold air is achieved.
NB: My interpretation in lay-mans translation
Re: Does 2001 Vokwagen Sharan Have Rear Airconditioning? by ping2ping: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks @Lexusgs430 for the brief explanation. However, i saw more explicit explanation and i want to share it. Source: http://www.raccars.co.uk/news/article/2343/what-is-the-difference-between-air-con-and-climate-control

Most modern cars come with air conditioning as standard. You may think climate control is the same thing – but it is not!

The two systems work in different ways, and there’s a price difference between them as a result (air con is cheaper than climate control). Here we explain the difference…

Air con

Air conditioning cools air and allows the inside of the car to be colder than the outside. This is why cars with air con are so welcome in summer – as the sun blazes, chilled air from a compressor offsets it within the car.

To get the maximum blast of air conditioned flow, press the air con button (usually depicted by a snowflake-like symbol) and turn the temperature dial to ‘C’ or the blue zone of its range. If you want it warmer, turn it towards ‘H’ or the red zone: this gradually mixes in warmer air with the air conditioned charge.

As ambient temperatures, the amount of sunshine and even the speed of the car all change, you’ll need to alter the temperature dial to maintain an even temperature inside the car. This means drivers have to sometimes adjust it quite frequently – and this can even lead to battles with their passengers who prefer a different temperature!

Even so, air con is invaluable: it is why you now rarely see modern cars with their windows down when the sun is shining…

Climate control

Think of this as ‘smart air con’. Climate control still cools the air in summer, but does so intelligently. You set a specific temperature on the dial (say, 22 degrees) and a computer uses sensors to vary air con output to maintain this.

No matter if it is +30 degrees or -10 degrees outside, the interior of your car will always be kept at the temperature you set. It does this by smartly blending cold and warm air, constantly adjusting the balance to maintain an interior climate.

It’s real ‘set and forget’ stuff – some owners say they set the temperature once, when they had the car new, and haven’t touched it again in all the time they've owned it.

Climate control also often offers ‘dual zone’ control: the passenger can set a different temperature zone to the driver. Really expensive cars have multi-zone control, so those in the back can create their own temperature cocoon too.

For this reason, climate control is more expensive than standard air con. It requires sensors, digital displays and complicated algorithms to juggle fan speed, temperature flow and air con usage.

There is an added benefit to climate control though – it has the potential to save you money. Because it only uses the air con when needed, it may consume less power than standard ‘dumb’ air con which simply runs unchecked all the time.

Some modern climate control systems also have an ‘economy’ setting that do all the climate-controlling work without using the air con system (or using it only minimally). The car won’t be as cold in summer but you probably won’t notice when it’s colder – and you’ll save a lot more fuel as you go, too.

Needless to say, if you buy climate control, you’re also buying an air con system. Just a much more intelligent one…

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Best Transmission And Engine Oil For ACURA MDX 02? / Toyota Camry 2006 Vs Toyota Avalon 2007 / Clean Naija Used Rx 350 2011, Lagos Clear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.