Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks (912 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Was Stolen This Morning In Surulere / Help! Help! Help! Eliminate Cockroaches In My Car / Car Rams Into A Building In Surulere Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Help Help. My sister vokswagen passat has issues. She initially started seeing oil in her radiator compartment. A mechanic said the radiator was bad. A new radiator was bought, later the gear stopped working. The mechanic said water must have destroyed the gear system cause water entered the gear oil. What can we do, it's a 1999 model automatic transmission. Who know a good vokwagen mechanic around surulere, like how much will it cost. Help, help, help.
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Lexusgs430: 6:19am On Feb 20, 2016
drjoshua2000:
Help Help. My sister vokswagen passat has issues. She initially started seeing oil in her radiator compartment. A mechanic said the radiator was bad. A new radiator was bought, later the gear stopped working. The mechanic said water must have destroyed the gear system cause water entered the gear oil. What can we do, it's a 1999 model automatic transmission. Who know a good vokwagen mechanic around surulere, like how much will it cost. Help, help, help.

Oil incursion into the radiator, points directly towards head gasket issues or (unless someone poured oil into the radiator)
How did the mechanic (Kazeem) explain the passage of water to the gear system from the radiator?
Both issues unfortunately are independent and have gone bad at about the same time!!!
Solutions - - - - - - - - -
Looks like a better replacement gearbox or clutch kit and a much better replacement engine.
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Lexusgs430: 6:22am On Feb 20, 2016
State engine specifications, incase someone has a pricing structure (ie Volkswagen passat 1.8 T 1999)
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:
State engine specifications, incase someone has a pricing structure (ie Volkswagen passat 1.8 T 1999)

Yes it's a 1.8T. Please are you a vokwagen expert?
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Kashif(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2016
Check transmission oil. Is it milky?
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2016
Kashif:
Check transmission oil. Is it milky?
Yes please
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Kashif(m): 10:34am On Feb 20, 2016
drjoshua2000:

Yes please

There was a rupture in the transmission cooler in the radiator, which allowed engine coolant to mix with the atf. That transmission needs to be replaced. Good the radiator has been replaced. Transmission work, and cooler line flush is all you need. The flush is important because you need to get rid of the contaminated atf that will remain in the cooler.

1 Like

Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Kashif:

There was a rupture in the transmission cooler in the radiator, which allowed engine coolant to mix with the atf. That transmission needs to be replaced. Good the radiator has been replaced. Transmission work, and cooler line flush is all you need. The flush is important because you need to get rid of the contaminated atf that will remain in the cooler.

Please any estimate on how much that could cost. And can u direct me to any reliable person to help fix it?
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Piyke: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
drjoshua2000:

Modified.. Can see Kashif is in the house grin
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Kashif(m): 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
drjoshua2000:

Please any estimate on how much that could cost. And can u direct me to any reliable person to help fix it?

I do not have cost estimate.
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Kashif(m): 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Piyke:

Modified.. Can see Kashif is in the house grin

LOL!
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by femicousim: 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Oil incursion into the radiator, points directly towards head gasket issues or (unless someone poured oil into the radiator)
How did the mechanic (Kazeem) explain the passage of water to the gear system from the radiator?
Both issues unfortunately are independent and have gone bad at about the same time!!!
Solutions - - - - - - - - -
Looks like a better replacement gearbox or clutch kit and a much better replacement engine.

the kazeem knew that the heat exchanger in the radiator got bad, allowing ATF sent through the radiator to cool off, mix with water. as for blown head gasket, it would be water mixing with engine oil through water jackets, you would find that in the sump not radiator, a radiator would throw out water violently or in the least bubble if you have head gasket issues
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Lexusgs430: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
femicousim:

the kazeem knew that the heat exchanger in the radiator got bad, allowing ATF sent through the radiator to cool off, mix with water. as for blown head gasket, it would be water mixing with engine oil through water jackets, you would find that in the sump not radiator, a radiator would throw out water violently or in the least bubble if you have head gasket issues

The ATF fluid pipe, only passes through the front the radiator to cool down and returns to the ATF container, how did it magically mix into the radiator? Did the OP take the radiator cap off while engine is running, to ascertain a violent bubble or not?
Just asking..........
Re: Help! Help! Vokwagen Expert Needed In Surulere ASAP Thanks by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 21, 2016
So who can help me fix it now. That's what I need

(1) (Reply)

Renalt Laguna 2000 Repair Manual Needed / Car Bouncing / 2017 Maybach S650 Cabriolet Is The Future Of Luxury, Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.