Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,795 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! (2296 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Shoprite Bread Wahala / Attn: Amakaone Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by mona83(f): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
I don't know if anyone of you guys have ever been to Shoprite to buy bread from Aunty's Bakery. It's crazy, believe me. The service is zero, no, SUB-ZERO! You want to buy a few loaves of bread and you have to join a queue that's a quarter of a mile long. When eventually the bread is ready, the queue dematerializes and you find yourself pushing and shoving with fellow irate customers to ensure you are able to get at least a loaf, even though you want more than one. You end up with one because when you reach the bread-guy, he tells you he is rationing the supply and as such, you will get only one. Imagine! After standing for so long. The most annoying part is that you see some of their staff picking several loaves before the rack is brought out. Guess whom for? Their favoured customers who most likely grese their palms to ensure they get as many as they want.

Anyone who knows their management or  administration should please tell them to look into this issue before we FREE them. It's our money we are going there to spend aferall.
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by Gamine(f): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2008
han han

Why you dey buy bread from Shoprite

you miss road to Agege? undecided

anyway, grin

i feel ya, i dont bother, i just buy the loaves on the stand

if im the one doing the buying.

i doubt anything can be done

it is afterall, Naija embarassed
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by tpia: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by mona83(f): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
tpia:

maybe na former USSR Russian Shoprite.

I hear that's how they used to queue for bread back in the day.

but what's wrong with Agege bread?

Don't get me wrong. I used to love Agege bread, but that was way back when it wasn't 10 percent stones. And take it or leave it- Shoprite bread is wonderful, especially when it's smoking hot. Believe me, if i had an option, i would Shift. But then again, tpia, you are in far away New Zealand. So what i am saying would probably not strike a chord with you.
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by tpia: 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by mona83(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2008
tpia:

my question was more rhetorical than anything else.

In Nigeria, I just buy the general Agege bread most times, thats all. Maybe Shoprite is the in-thing right now, I guess.

Overseas, I always buy Agege bread whenever I find it because I love the taste. To me, it seems to taste better than most of the sliced ones.

Alright tpia, no hard feelings. I was only giving vent to my pain.
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
Ah! Those queues can be annoying! angry
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by uzoo: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2008
i really cant understand what all the trouble is about,

one time i was there buying baby food, and some guys on the queue

at the bakery were fighting ,it was hilarious ,they fought over who came first on the queue

and who should be attended to all because of bread,i'm glad i dont have go 2ru allthat,

all i do is throw all my recipee in my bread maker and go to bed ,wake up to the smell of freshly baked home made bread.

as to the service and staff at the food section , its poor, really bad customer service relation.

those shoprite staff need to be retrained.
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by AmakaOne(f): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
@uzoo , you also have a breadmaker?

I bought a Breadman Junior Bread Bakery thingymajiggy a few months ago.

I've only used it once cause the bread came out like Olumo Rock!
Actuially Olumo rock is better because it's a tourist attraction.
I think the garbage guys cursed me when they had to load that loaf into the garbage truck the next morning sha grin

I used the same bread quantities I usually use in a normal oven, but they clearly did not work.

do you have a bread recipe that works with a breadmaker? please?
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by Gamine(f): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
We have a breadmaker

i tell ya, it has never left its box embarassed
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by JeSoul(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
AMAKAONE:

I think the garbage guys cursed me when they had to load that loaf into the garbage truck the next morning sha grin

I used the same bread quantities I usually use in a normal oven, but they clearly did not work.

ROTFLOL . . . ever heard of "If at first you don't succeed, get yourself up and try again" - (one old Aaliyah song).  grin  cool I was actually thinking of getting one myself
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by AmakaOne(f): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2008
JeSoul:

ROTFLOL . . . ever heard of "If at first you don't succeed, get yourself up and try again" - (one old Aaliyah song).  grin  cool I was actually thinking of getting one myself

lol, I swear that contraption had me wondering if my cooking skills had gone down south.
Talk about an ego deflator grin

I hope someone has a bread recipe that works in the breadmaker thingy for me otherwise it's off to the Salvation Army thrift shop with the blooming gadget.

Everytime I look at it I think : Shhesh there goes 48 quid!
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by inze(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2008
Gamine:

han han

Why you dey buy bread from Shoprite

you miss road to Agege? undecided

anyway, grin

i feel ya, i don't bother, i just buy the loaves on the stand

if I'm the one doing the buying.

i doubt anything can be done

it is afterall, Naija embarassed

Dem dey enter road to buy agege bread

The last time i checked agege bread comes to you, morning , noon, except evening and you don't need to move an inch, the bread-gurl can even afford the service of bring it to your flat if you want.

And who says' the agege wey him buy na 10% stone if it is not agege , it can never be the same as agege grin grin grin

Its known for its softness, just lik lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Choprite ko,
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by omoge(f): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2008
shopwrong ni grin
Re: Attn: Shoprite Mgt! Do Something About Service At Your Bakery! by uzoo: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2008
AMAKAONE:

here's a recipe i've stuck with from the manual that came with my bread maker,but you have to make sure you have the right measuring cup and spoons .

BASIC WHITE BREAD.

WATER, 1 and a half cups

SKIMMED MILK POWDER, 3 TABLE SPOONS

SUGAR, 2 AND A HALF TABLE SPOON

SALT, 2 TEA SPOONS

OIL, 3 TABLE SPOONS

STRONG WHITE BREAD FLOOR, 4 CUPS

DRY YEAST, 2TEA SPOON

follow these steps into the bread maker pan cover it up and use the setting '''BASIC WHITE" setting.

it makes 2 pound loaf.

(1) (Reply)

Ofadaboy Ofada Rice Recipe Special / This Chicken Is Totally Black From Head To Toe / Why We Still Use Embalmment Chemicals –bakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.