Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50262 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by kilokeys(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
cococandy: Have you written your will?
Comments like this can drive you 6feet under at the hands of Mr cococandy.grin grin

cococandy, married?.. i no fit skip funnycation commit adultery o..

but if he is just a bf.. yinmu.. i am up for d challenge.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
assana: grin U r just a clown
tongue
assana: grin U r just a clown

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
free2ryhme:

Dem bury your placenta here
4 ur mynd

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by pablus: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
NOT wrong. your age and motivation are factors. the key is to be compatible enough to become a family unit. better if he's in good shape and healthy compared to you. as you get older, age gap becomes less revelant.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by lat55(f): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
I used to think I would only date/be with a guy between 1-5yrs older than me, but as I grew older n dated a few, I realized I would much rather end up with someone 10yrs and above. Although age doesn't determine maturity but more often than not, as a gal, you are more mature than a guy in ur age bracket.
As a strong willed woman with a quest for continuous learning, an older man comes with a lot of experience, our conversations will be more intriguing. Since he has lived a while, I can look through his track record and easily trust his leading.
Plus, let's face it, there ain't nothing better than good old loving. Older guys are just more sensitive. Just like wine, older is better wink.

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
It's mainly Nigerians that worry about their kids growing up with them. When I left the shores of Africa my mentality changed for the better. People wondered why my sister inlaw had no child after years of marriage. They asked my mum if all was well, my mum told the few that managed to ask to mind their business. It was strange to me as well, Haba after how many years and they said they were still planning. She was 22 when they got married. When the woman felt like she was ready...she started popping them out like no mans business.

It works well for some and doesn't for others. But please don't say you wanno grow up with your child what happens if you cannot conceive for years after marriage? It's the worst reason to get into marriage early.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by coogar: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
jennykadry: It's mainly Nigerians that worry about their kids growing up with them. When I left the shores of Africa my mentality changed for the better. People wondered why my sister inlaw had no child after years of marriage. They asked my mum if all was well, my mum told the few that managed to ask to mind their business. It was strange to me as well, Haba after how many years and they said they were still planning. She was 22 when they got married. When the woman felt like she was ready...she started popping them out like no mans business.

It works well for some and doesn't for others. But please don't say you wanno grow up with your child what happens if you cannot conceive for years after marriage? It's the worst reason to get into marriage early.

na bushman mentality dey worry them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice one, @ OP
I would only remind you that after menopause, women get this increase is sexual urge due to reduction in estrogen.
When your hubby is already ten years down the line, it could be a struggle to stay satisfied with just him. At least if he was still doing fifties maybe he can manage to perform, but at sixties, I think that's when men see it as something that happens once a month.
So it's not just about love, chemistry and energy for sex matter too.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Bifwoli: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
If you marry a partner who is 10yrs older or more then that is not a soulmate,he is a sponsor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Well... I've read some comments here and some opinions are good while others are fallacious.
If you ask me, as long as there is UNDERSTANDING, age is not really a barrier, whether the man is older than the wife or vice versa

I would however like to correct something ...... Maturity is not a function of age alone but what you are exposed to, and what responsibility you currently carry. In the days of old, women mature quick because they were given responsibility at an earlier age (managing the home) among others, but it isn't exactly so today.

What makes a man mature in my opinion is how much he takes charge of his life, the leadership trait he possesses as well as being meaningfully employed. and hardworking. This could be any man of adult age. the 26 year old who takes care of his younger ones financially and provides guidance to them is more mature than a 35 year old living off his father's money via inheritance without any responsibility.

P.S. The ladies here opening their craw craw mouth to say that their age mates are immature, most of them's brains are still wearing Pampers, grin tongue and it is even filled with shit. tongue

Abeg make una no vex, as I dey type this post, I dey suffer side effect of my drugs, tongue na why my comments no correlatetongue

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ChildofChukwu(m): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
McWhillion: Why not, my wife to be is still in junior secondary school grin

grin grin grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by 3RNEST(m): 12:43am On Sep 09, 2014
frankly speaking 10yrs too much...."like" if na true i dey talk!!! angry

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by NobleG1(m): 2:28am On Sep 09, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.

Ask yourself this;
Is age more important to you than having someone who loves you?
Whichever answer you have for the above question is solely your choice.
Mind you, small age gap doesn't garrantee a good marraige.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Legendoscar2: 4:24am On Sep 09, 2014
aisha2: Do you love him?
Are you marrying him because you make each other happy or just because he is available?

Is he kind? Is he considerate of you?

Is he a good decent honest man?

Are you only concerned because people will talk? Know that people always talk.

You avoided the most probable reason...He has a deep and heavy POCKET!!!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EBUBEDIKE1001: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2014
What matters is the love not age ,i strongly believe that age has less to play in marriage,it should be pure on love ......
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2014
“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer

The person that rekindled my light is 22 years younger than me.

I will walk to the end of the earth for her.

Find your soulmate, life's too short.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by free2ryhme: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2014
Ruthia: 4 ur mynd
grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by SHOCK7(m): 7:25am On Sep 09, 2014
cococandy:
Nothing wrong with it IMO.
If you ask me,it works perfectly.

Anyway I guess I'm different. I've rarely been attracted to guys close to my age.
Hi coco,i noticed in some other thread & I thought we just had 2 get acquainted.i forgot 2 say looking LOVELY.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2014
lofty900: considering the fact that women age faster than men especially after child birth, its perfectly ok to marry a man 10yrs older unless u wanna look 10yrs older in 10yrs time

So true but the love wont the strong sha in ny opinion
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Sep 09, 2014
Thank you smiley
How are you today?
SHOCK7:
Hi coco,i noticed in some other thread & I thought we just had 2 get acquainted.i forgot 2 say looking LOVELY.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2014
I succeeded in getting d responses i needed, nd also made front page as well...... +winks+ i'm elated,

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 8:21am On Sep 09, 2014
Tnx 2 y'all, both for and against........ Nd tnx 2 d oga @ de top.... Seun

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2014
gina134:

So true but the love wont the strong sha in ny opinion
my dear, the love will be strong depending on the guy. Some old guys still have style and good packaging. But a Naija man will want to dominate the wife
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cecidore: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2014
Bianca married Ojukwu and he was old enough to be her father all because of "love". the choice is yours whatever makes you happy, go for it.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by modeller(f): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2014
Age is jes noba lyk we all know, wat rili matters is love, understanding and respect 4 each other
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by fancylyn: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2014
bukatyne:

It is called preference.

If God made an older man for me, the first thing He would have done is change who I am to fancy an older man. Asking me to marry an older man with my current mindset is martial sucide

I do not know God's plan for my kid and I am willing to accept in the end. But naturally, hell no!

A 30 yr old that comes to look for my 18yr old wants to be castrated.

I also know that age difference has nothing to do with martial success.

I just like them young grin

P.S.: If I married at 25 to a 37yr olf man (12yrs) our kid will be 2yrs when he ll be 40. The older the diff, imagine the age of hubby. @50, he will be going to PTA meeting in primary&jnr secondary when his mates are celebrating their children's matric/convocation.
its not like that.....have u take time to check Obama,Gej and obiano kids? I think what matters is happiness
If a man is to marry young and maintain such difference, them we are talking pedo.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Psoul(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2014
There is nothing wrong in marrying a man 10yrs older. Am 15yrs older than my wife, We love ourselves so much. I treat her like my Baby, she sees me as his Hero. I kw she will still look very pretty and young when we grow old. i kw I will still appreciate her by then

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by SHOCK7(m): 11:42am On Sep 09, 2014
cococandy: Thank you smiley
How are you today?
Well apart from dis neck pain i'm having,i'm kinda fine.Pls whatz 'ur fb page?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ukandi1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
bukatyne:

My husband knew he wanted us to get married @ 21; It was just working towards been able to build a home.

He actually wanted to marry @ 25

It is fun when both are very young.

I was never attracted to anyone way older than me. I never did 5yrs self.

Hubby is older by 4yrs.

I am thinking; if 25 marries 35 then@40, his first kid is 4 if God does it immediately

i think that u are getting it twisted here. D issue is d age difference between them, not when d first child arrives. D child arriving at whatever age shud not be part of d equation.
Celine dion is 29 yrs younger than her husband of many yrs.
I am 8yrs older than my wife but she looks much older just after 1.
My dad is 13yrs older than my mum but believe me, my dad is still a guyman unlike my mum who now has dis grandma looks( although she is ) when compared with her husband.
Plus or minute 15 yrs is still okay. My humble opinion.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sorry about that.take some pills you'll be fine.

SHOCK7:
Well apart from dis neck pain i'm having,i'm kinda fine.Pls whatz 'ur fb page?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by hadizadeezy(f): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
I can marry a man dat is 10years olda dan I am and a man dat is 10years younger.. Our level of tinking and understanding differs with dat of men, theirs is lighter and ours is very strong

Marryying a man dat is 5 years older might be a prob cos our inventorys might difer which would make me the HEAD of the home(he's automaticaly in soup)
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by BlossomP: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Atmmachine: You're 32 & your husband is 42.
You had your first child at 34 when your husband turns 46.

Your first child finishes primary school when your husband turns 53.

Before your first child enters secondary school your husband is already dead..

You're very wicked to your child. grin grin grin grin
And what if u were 20 and ur spouse was 22, but to date u do not yet have a child of your own?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo / 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.