Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? (7854 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Baro(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
I had this impression that second wives are always evil, jealous and troublesome, but presently i have a  neighbour who is a third wife, from what i observed from our few contacts as neighbours , i think she is humble and respectful. I can hardly see any "second wife" trait in her. So i was actually wondering if its morally right or wrong for a woman to be a second wife or third wife as the case may be, considering the fact that some so called second wives could actually be good and morally upright persons whose marital status was occasioned by circumstances. What do you think
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by igwe11(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
It has to do with nature and environment,good girl remains good either as first,second or third wife while atimes the environment might play its parts in changing the IQ of d girl  forcing her into standing up to d challenges of polygamy (this means the problem is probably not from her but from the previous wife/wives).

In another context for non moslems , woman can either be the second wife when she fails to get d first class position in a home;menace from bad character.
so this type ended up as a second wife with their poisonous character.

I shall stop here 4 now.

Regards,
I
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
I would rather be unmarried for the rest of my life than be a second wife, haba

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by whatever90(f): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
each man to one wife,but pple have turned everything upside down wt their stupidities
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by tope2000(f): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
Second wife ko angry angry angry
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by igwe11(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2008
In addition to what i ve said, If I were to be a lady, i would prefer to be the first and the only wife.
But atimes one can't predict except for d devoted Christian families
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by whatever90(f): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2008
tope2000:

Second wife ko angry angry angry

but u r,cos stephen is already married to rebellious still u dey chook ur nose tongue
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by tope2000(f): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
whatever90:

but u r,because stephen is already married to rebellious still u dey chook ur nose tongue

Im still not second wifey oo tongue
I allowed stephen to marry the girl because i like her n plus they both live in US, u see im a considerate pesin tongue
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by naijababe2(f): 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2008
no it ain't right to be a 2nd wife. 2nd wife? whats the woman thinking of?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by ifyalways(f): 12:34am On Oct 29, 2008
It depends sha undecided though i can't be one cool
@OP No,its not wrong.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Andala: 1:13am On Oct 29, 2008
No,a second wife is an Adultress that needs to get her own husband,It's written in the bible
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by virgie(f): 1:39am On Oct 29, 2008
Once came across a guy who wanted me for a second wife cos he found after marriage that they were both AS. so he wanted me to have kids for him.

Of course I said No, cos it diidn't feel right to me playing a second fiddle by being a second wife.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by BabyJinx: 1:54am On Oct 29, 2008
Baro:

I had this impression that second wives are always evil, jealous and troublesome, but presently i have a  neighbour who is a third wife, from what i observed from our few contacts as neighbours , i think she is humble and respectful. I can hardly see any "second wife" trait in her. So i was actually wondering if its morally right or wrong for a woman to be a second wife or third wife as the case may be, considering the fact that some so called second wives could actually be good and morally upright persons whose marital status was occasioned by circumstances. What do you think

Of course third wives are okay, it’s the second and fourth ones that are bad. It is that their yeye even number trait.  You know what that is right. . . I’m talking about the “2nd wife trait” you were expecting in the 3rd wife. The most devilish of them wives is the 16th wife because she is even number 3 times over. . . ya know 8, 4 and 2. Me, I advice men everywhere to stay away from 16th wife, if you can skip to 17 wife, do so without batting an eye.

[size=3pt]Rotflmao, Osirisiri on NL. What is 2nd wife trait? Are you born with it or is it nurtured?[/size]

@ Igwe1
Mr. Igwe it's so nice to see you on the romance section. Awwww! A man who isn't adverse to learning how to romance that special one. Goodness, I am teary eyed, right now. You know who is sooo lucky!!  kiss
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Morenike3(f): 1:57am On Oct 29, 2008
Second wife? rotflmao. cheesy cheesy

He dares not
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by savanaha: 1:57am On Oct 29, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Of course third wives are okay, it’s the second and fourth ones that are bad. It is that their yeye even number trait. You know what that is right. . . I’m talking about the “2nd wife trait” you were expecting in the 3rd wife. The most devilish of them wives is the 16th wife because she is even number 3 times over. . . ya know 8, 4 and 2. Me, I advice men everywhere to stay away from 16th wife, if you can skip to 17 wife, do so without batting an eye.

[size=3pt]Rotflmao, Osirisiri on NL. What is 2nd wife trait? Are you born with it or is it nurtured?[/size]

This was funny as hell! They should stay away from the 2, 4,6, 8, 10 only marry odd numbered wives. They can do it I believe in them
I can't believe this is being discussed. Second and third wives still exist in Naija? When will men learn, one is not enough they want 2, 3, 4, 5 trouble.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Angolobabe(f): 6:14am On Oct 29, 2008
cant be one thats trouble.nigeria men needs to change.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by ashe2(f): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2008
do u know the first wife is considered as the wife and the others are not? i think its pathetic bin second wife
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by bigfather(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2008
ashe2:

do u know the first wife is considered as the wife and the others are not? i think its pathetic bin second wife

Not in most cases, cus i could remember the former lagos state military administrator Col Buba Marwa, he goes to any function with both wives and they take turn to represent him anywhere .

whatever90:

each man to one wife,but people have turned everything upside down wt their stupidities
It is wrong to call it stupidity, are you aware that some religions allows marrying more than one wife ? So long as you can take care of them. And some circumstances may warrant you having more than one.
But come to think of it,what about guys who go about having xtra marital affairs, are they better of ?  undecided
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2008
I dont think its that bad, being a second wife. Some religion and traditions permit it, so It cant be wrong. Though personally I wont do that, but I dont condemn those who do and I dont see them as 'bad'.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by chisomquee: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
it is not acceptable,i will always be first not second handed,used wife.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by ayomifull(f): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2008
I HEARD YARADUA AND GOODLUCK ARE LOOKING FOR SECOND WIFEYS, ANYONE INTERESTED?  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by libertyinc: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2008
forget about the issue of being a second wife.we are supposed to promote fidelity in marriage and not promote it.the issue of second wife is suppose to be completely out of the question, IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN!!!.Being a second wife means yu are interfering with somebody's marriage and we all know that ''WHAT GOD HAS PUT TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER''.i am yet to see any polygamous family that experiences peace,even if there seems to be hamony amongst wives.because as soon as the man dies,u will know that the so called peace was absolutely false.''A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE'' and ''HE THAT HATH AN EAR LET HIM HEAR''.don't be a second wife.u'll be doing yourself more harm than good[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by webman(m): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
2nd wife or 86th wife as a case in  Niger,  More than one wife is way of enslaving womanhood and disrespect women all over  the world, Sincerely speaking, any man with more than a wife is a cheat, a liar and absolutely irresponsible and you should check the lifestyle of such man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by igwe11(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2008
Its rather unfortunate to be the second wife unless the man is widower
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by vivaladiva(f): 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2008
am always happy to be a second wife, so long as i can also have a second husband and maybe a few concubines
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by webman(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2008
vivaladiva,  the foundation of  home will be affected with your theory
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by rubi(f): 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2008
As for me I must be the first and the last
@Topic If that makes you happy and comfortable that ok
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by webman(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2008
rubi, To maintain a woman's dignity you are very right
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by sistajay(f): 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2008
I can NEVER be second best in a man's life.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by Vannesa(f): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2008
Which kind second wife,second ko,second ni.Am certainly not a party to such marriage.lets be real it doesnt pay at last
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by spikedcylinder: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2008
webman:

vivaladiva,  the foundation of  home will be affected with your theory

Of course it would be. Yet the man having more than one wife firmly roots the foundation of a home in place.

Good thinking webman, good thinking. undecided
Re: Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2008
its not right,im from a polygamous family and i can tell you that you might see them all getting along but there are always undercurrents,tensions in the house,petty jelousy envy e.t.c and this is assuming money isnt an issue

(1) (2) (Reply)

When She Hits First / What's Your Favourite House Chore? / Use Of Man-power To Have Se*x With Wifey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.