Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff (762 Views)

My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / Obasanjo To Boko-Haram: “You Can Never Win This War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
The battle is far from over between the Dr. Stephen
Davis, the Australian employed by the Federal
Government to negotiate the release of the
kidnapped schoolgirls from Chibok and former
governor of Borno State, Senator Ali-Modu Sheriff
as the former has dared the former governor to sue
him to court over the allegations.
Davis it would be recalled had alleged that the
former governor of Borno State, Senator Ali Modu,
Maj. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (retd) among others are
some of the sponsors of the dreaded Boko Haram
Sect.
Davis, who was in Nigeria to help negotiate the
release of the kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls, had told
the media that some Boko Haram commanders named
Sheriff as one of their sponsors.
He said that the former governor sponsors young men
for lesser hajj from where they are recruited into
the group.
But the former governor has vehemently denied the
allegations and threatened to sue the Australian for
defamation.
But speaking to newsmen on Friday, Davis said he
stands by his allegations.
“He is worried, is he? He knows that if he goes to
court, the evidence will be produced and he cannot
escape justice. Let him go to court if that is what he
wishes. It is his right to do so. He will not be able to
avoid close examination and then the facts will be
known.
“Good luck to him if he decides to sue me in
Australia. He can’t buy the judges here. Truth is not
for sale. Australia has zero toleration for those who
might sponsor terrorism,” he said.
“No one should be above the law whether in Australia
or Nigeria. Justice must be served for every
Nigerian killed, every girl and boy kidnapped, every
girl raped, every person who has lost their home in
the course of this violence. It seems to me the
extent of involvement of every person named by Boko
Haram as a sponsor should be closely and thoroughly
examined by the correct authorities.”
Davis said that he is “very sure” of his facts as he
spoke with Boko Haram commanders “individually and
separately” over a stretch of time and they were
consistent in their assertions of Sheriff’s
sponsorship of the terrorist group.
“I read his defence on the media this week. Rather
than come out as a statement of facts, it read like a
novel of unconvincing fiction,” Davis said.
“In the last 48 hours, I have been in touch with some
commanders of the group and they maintain their
stand on Sheriff’s involvement.
“Sheriff’s ploy of casting himself as a victim is a
poor attempt at disguising his sponsorship as alleged
by the Boko Haram commanders.”
dailytimes.com.ng/article/boko-haram-you-can-go-court-australian-negotiator-tells-sheriff
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by T8ksy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
LOBATAN!!!

Oya, Senator Ali-Modu Sheriff, over to you. The ball, as they say, is now in your court (pardon the pon). Wth are you going to do with it?

n.b: Please, don't employ the service of WALL STREET ATTORNEYS, oh.

grin
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by Freest(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
I see
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by moshmusth(m): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
In sas voice... I will sue you not in australia but in maiduguri high court lets see if u have any evidence where my boko bois dey
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by dunkem21(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hmm see Hollywood movie. You have been in contact with BH commanders in the last 48 hrs; and they named sheriff as their sponsor. I would like the Australian to ask them why they want their sponsor exposed and prosecuted?.
Will they drop their arms if their sponsors are arrested?
What can be done to stop these killings and maiming since na only am BH dey listen to.
The Australian should also give us their mobile numbers so we go follow dey beg them to release our girls as he has failed woefully in that assignment.
..If not; then the Australian is a BH sympathizer.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by morningsta(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
??
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by morningsta(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
dunkem21: Hmm see Hollywood movie. You have been in contact with BH commanders in the last 48 hrs; and they named sheriff as their sponsor. I would like the Australian to ask them why they want their sponsor exposed and prosecuted?.
Will they drop their arms if their sponsors are arrested?
What can be done to stop these killings and maiming since na only am BH dey listen to.
The Australian should also give us their mobile numbers so we go follow dey beg them to release our girls as he has failed woefully in that assignment.
..If not; then the Australian is a BH sympathizer.

You read my thoughts on this one. I am confused. why would boko haram want to expose their sponsors? To what ends? Make no mistake, I am not holding briefs for Ali Modu Sheriff o! While the case of Ali Modu Sheriff may have some element of truth, Ihejerika's case is even more dumbfounding. I like to believe this onyibo man but I am finding it hard to believe his story. I pray he gets sued as threatened so that evidence can be made available to substantiate these claims.
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by Freest(m): 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
morningsta:

You read my thoughts on this one. I am confused. why would boko haram want to expose their sponsors? To what ends? Make no mistake, I am not holding briefs for Ali Modu Sheriff o! While the case of Ali Modu Sheriff may have some element of truth, Ihejerika's case is even more dumbfounding. I like to believe this onyibo man but I am finding it hard to believe his story. I pray he gets sued as threatened so that evidence can be made available to substantiate these claims.
The annoying thing about it is the fact that we Nigerian's base our evidence on the speech of this socalled Davies as though he is one original, authentic, superior, and inshot i don't know what to add sef, when even common sense should tell you something's doesn't just add up.
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by Archildao: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Would Boko Haram be so fooolish as to expose their sponsors?na who them go put candy for him mouth him go reject am say na bitter kola him want? Is it that they dnt need funds anymore?abeg tell us something else!
Re: Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff by SmartProf(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Mr. Davis, are u a Negotiator, Crusader or Confusionist?

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Northern Elders / Sudan Bans Building Of Churches / Evangelist Shoots and Kills His Own father In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.