Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. (945 Views)

Some Naija Beliefs That Needs To Be Corrected / Share Your Experiences of Racism / Which Tribe Of Naija People Bleach most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. by IFeoma: 1:09am On Oct 29, 2008
There was this party my parents group did and this Naija boy was in there.  Being stupid mind you? 
I haven't meet an African or even someone with an African parent that keep asking everyone
Are you African?  Oh saying shit like You don't look African.  Could you believe this boy even have the audacity to ask me if in Naija people in Naija walk around naked with spears in their hand?  Can you believe that?

Anyway this boy in there,  His father is Nigerian and his mother is African-American.  He kept saying that i'm not Nigerian, that his African-American(the boy looked 100% Nigerian, he looked Yoruba.  When i first met him, i taught he was Yoruba but his daddy was Igbo so i guess not).

I'm i the only one that meet Nigerians like this?  Is he the only type.

He criticized everything about naija from the food down to the way we look,  he kept pointing out shit and saying shit that just a typical AA will say.  It really amazed me how ignorant that boy is.

I've meet Nigerians born in America but i've never met one like him.

We just got back from the party and i felt like telling someone.  My sister and I couldn't stop laughing @ the boy.  Hell his daddy didn't teach them to act like that cause his younger brother and sister doesn't act like that; only him.

I feel like laughing, so the reason for this topic is  for you all to say whatever experienced with some Naija person that had you baffled or hysterical.  You can even comment in what you think of the boy i told ya'll about.
Re: Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. by iice(f): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2008
IFeoma:

There was this party my parents group did and this Naija boy was in there.  Being stupid mind you? 
I haven't meet an African or even someone with an African parent that keep asking everyone
Are you African?  Oh saying shit like You don't look African.  Could you believe this boy even have the audacity to ask me if in Naija people in Naija walk around naked with spears in their hand?  Can you believe that?

Anyway this boy in there,  His father is Nigerian and his mother is African-American.  He kept saying that i'm not Nigerian, that his African-American(the boy looked 100% Nigerian, he looked Yoruba.  When i first met him, i taught he was Yoruba but his daddy was Igbo so i guess not).

I'm i the only one that meet Nigerians like this?  Is he the only type.

Nope, have met someone like that. In this case his mom is white. Still doesn't look mixed to me.
My friend in high school is the opposite, people didn't think she's Nigerian because she's the Mariah Carey type of mix undecided She looks like her dad though.

As to the other part, yeah i just laugh and forget them. If he/she doesnt want to be Nigerian, na me go hold am? He/she can be whatever he/she chooses to be even if it's not within the normal mental process.
Re: Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. by DisGuy: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2008
Anyway this boy in there, His father is Nigerian and his mother is African-American. He kept saying that i'm not Nigerian, that his African-American(the boy looked 100% Nigerian, he looked Yoruba. When i first met him, i taught he was Yoruba but his daddy was Igbo so i guess not).

hey i think you should ask the mother who she's been playing footsie with cheesy
Re: Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. by tpia: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2008
Re: Experiences With Some Naija People That Have You Laughing For Days. by IFeoma: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2008
tpia:

don't know what "Yoruba" look you saw, but he is both Nigerian and American. He can claim anywhere he likes. I'm sure he's not the only one in this world like that.

Wasnt Hero the one who was always going on about how his wife isnt Nigerian? Even though both her parents are? When you have time dig up some of his posts describing his wife's attitude which exactly mirrors this boy's own.

um,. Another attention seeker trying to stir up trouble. undecided Why you no call yourself Chukwuamaka. Wetin Ifeoma do you.

Chei, see me see trouble.

Did i discriminate on Yoruba. I said i taught he was Yoruba because he resemble alot of Yoruba people i know. Abi, wetin, Did i say the boy is the uglyest person on earth, hence he looks yoruba or did i say the boy is the sexiest person on earth hence he looks Yoruba? No i didn't. All i said is when i saw him in the party before i even talked to him, i taught he was yoruba. Jeez, people try to twist my words around as they want it to be. angry

See me see trouble shocked

And my name is Ifeoma, so my username is Ifeoma. Who in the hell is chukwuamaka anyway?

(1) (Reply)

Lets Discuss In Yoruba Language . Strictly No English. Thanks / How Do You Call This? / .................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.