Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver (1417 Views)

Igwe Aja Nwachukwu Is Dead! / Eze Uche Dimgba Asks Igbos In Lagos To Vote For APC / Alade Odunewu "Allah De' Dies At 85 (Veteran Journalist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by donmalcolm21(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dimgba Igwe, a veteran Nigerian journalist and media administrator, was killed earlier today by a hit-and-run driver near his residence in the Okota area of Lagos, Lagos State. He was 58 years old.
 Mr. Igwe, who was a former deputy-managing director of the Sun newspaper group, was hit and killed as he jogged in his neighborhood, a friend to the Igwe family told SaharaReporters.

Mr. Igwe first emerged in the early 1980s as a strong voice in Nigerian journalism when he worked with the Concord newspaper group owned by the late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola. Mr. Igwe wrote a highly regarded column that focused on political and literary issues. He rose to fame as a co-editor of the groundbreaking Weekly Concord, with his longtime friend and collaborator, Mike Awoyinfa. 

Mr. Igwe and Mr. Awoyinfa teamed up again as founding deputy managing director and managing director of the Sun newspaper group owned by former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu. He and Mr. Awoyinfa were removed four years ago and teamed up to found Entertainment Express. Until his death, Mr. Igwe continued to write a back page column for the Sun that appeared every Tuesday.

Former Governor Kalu described Mr. Igwe’s death as the darkest day in the history of the Sun newspaper.  www.saharareporters.http:///dimgbadead

Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by August21(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
This is unbelievable!
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by freshness2020: 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pastor Dimgba Igwe is gone!
This life is so Bintin!
Restez en Paix Patron!

1 Like

Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by CHAIRMAN1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ah! This is how "Sweet Mother" crooner, Prince Nico Mbarga was killed too. RIP Mr Dimgba.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by otokx(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
When we tell people that TV and reality of life is different, they will not agree. In other countries, there are dedicated routes separate from the road for people to take a walk or jug and another for bicycle.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
RIP
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by Collynzo16: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
otokx: When we tell people that TV and reality of life is different, they will not agree. In other countries, there are dedicated routes separate from the road for people to take a walk or jug and another for bicycle.
My friend it was an assasination.
T.A. Orji is a suspect.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by 99100(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
I've read a lot of his writes ; Very apt ,sincere and eloquent. I learned a lot from his well incised writes.

He was a role model to many like me.

RIP to his gentle soul.

As for the driver that hit him , ehm.. He that kills and run away shall die by a hit-and-run.

2 Likes

Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by onyfrank: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
Collynzo16:
T.A. Orji is a suspect.
hmmmm. Odikwa very risk.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by DickDastardly(m): 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
Assasination confirmed.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by MizMyColi(f): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

Whhaattt!!!!

Who said it's a hit and run driver, what's the evidence.
I live in Okota and I know the man lives in Okota too.
We heard gunshots today, about 10times......we didn't know where it came from and I'm not saying it concerns the man (of blessed memory).

All I'm saying is........this one is not an accident, it must have been cleverly orchestrated, even to the news report we just read.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by RockMaxi: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
otokx: When we tell people that TV and reality of life is different, they will not agree. In other countries, there are dedicated routes separate from the road for people to take a walk or jug and another for bicycle.

As if he started jogging today angry Your type always blame the dead even for dying.

RIP Dimgba
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by spyder880(m): 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
So sad.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by DickDastardly(m): 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Collynzo16:
T.A. Orji is a suspect.
I share your thought 100%
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by eleojo23: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sad incident.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
MizMyColi: shocked shocked shocked

Whhaattt!!!!

Who said it's a hit and run driver, what's the evidence.
I live in Okota and I know the man lives in Okota too.
We heard gunshots today, about 10times......we didn't know where it came from and I'm not saying it concerns the man (of blessed memory).

All I'm saying is........this one is not an accident, it must have been cleverly orchestrated, even to the news report we just read.
nawao! RIP to him

1 Like

Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sounds like what we read in James Hardley Chase novels. APC and PDP(T. Orji are you there?) Should be investigated as to the cause of his death.

My condolence to his family.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by donmalcolm21(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
RIP to a fine journalist.
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by Brahms(m): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hmmmn
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by cocoberry(f): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Rest in perfect peace Sir! So sad!
Re: Veteran Journalist Dimgba Igwe Killed By Hit-and-run Driver by otokx(m): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
Collynzo16:
T.A. Orji is a suspect.

then the SSS and police should take charge.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Vote For 9ice! Check Out His Official Campaign Poster / A Very Important Message To Supporters Of GM Buhari / 2015: PDP National Chairman’s Close Associate Campaigns For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.