Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

.g sexzskil's life! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / .g sexzskil's life! (4011 Views)

SHOCKING! Lecturers In My Department Count Only Pages To Award Marks! / Federal Government To Award 1,087 Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students Scholarships / Federal Polytechnics To Award Bachelor Of Technology (B. TECH) Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

.g sexzskil's life! by sexzskil(f): 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nastydroid(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
summary!!!!
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
BETTER BY FAR!!! BETTER BY HOW?

2 Likes

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by opportunist: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
na wah oh!!!
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by omigyman(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
dept of pol sci ,othrwise dept of GP nullifying

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by TRADELYN: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
undecided

That means...
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seriously?

Imagine awarding marks based on number of pages,and not on merit.

If I'm in the dept,I would definitely top the class. Eg-

Question 1. Define Economics.

Solution- Economics can be define as a science that studies human behavior,this means it studies human behavior,therefore it studies human behavior,in as much economics studies human behavior. Economics studies how human behaves. Human behavior is what economics studies.

By the time you are playing to the gallery,book don full.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Leitner: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
Na wa o,I'd like to know how you eventually crossed and to which dept, Na so so D,E,C you just pack join. Not even a B was mentioned in your post. So my sister, how you take cross?

And concerning your topic. It happened to me in PHY105. These ones were even worse coz I could have sworn with anything,they did not touch my paper. As easy as the course was(had 11/15 in test),I eventually got a D,In fact 70% of people that offered the course got either a D or C.
As easy as the course was,you'd have more luck finding hair on banky W's head than finding somebody with an A.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by HonourablePomk: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Public Uni no be here ooo

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by rane06(f): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yomieluv: Seriously?

Imagine awarding marks based on number of pages,and not on merit.

If I'm in the dept,I would definitely top the class. Eg-

Question 1. Define Economics.

Solution- Economics can be define as a science that studies human behavior,this means it studies human behavior,therefore it studies human behavior,in as much economics studies human behavior. Economics studies how human behaves.

By the time you are playing to the gallery,book don full.
seriously this is funny

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Vanpascore(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
No wonder d Unilorin 50
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by alentyno: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
Olutola88 come see the answer to your question
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by falconey(m): 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Class rep please frontpage

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by omololu2020(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
sexzskil: The way education is in this country, serves as one of the several reasons why development is one wild wild dream. Am a Unilorin student, from political science and am in 300L. My first semester in 100L was filled with Es and Ds to my shock. I answered all my exam, assignments and test questions so perfectly. I knew this because i do check textbooks to confirm how i approached the questions whenever am through. Honestly, that first semester was terrible and i was already afraid if i could cross. Second semester came and i trippled my effort, was studying for every tests and exams karakara, going for night classes, denying myself of sleep hours and all that. I had just finished my first two exam papers when a guy who was close to our level adviser told me how all the lecturers mark the answer scripts. I was baffled, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. He revealed that some of them would invite class reps over, give them scripts one after the other to count the number of pages the student reached and award the mark based on the multitude of the pages. For instance, supposing our answer leaflet is 30pages and a rep counts a certain student's answered pages to be 10, the lecturer would direct him/her to give him/her 18. If it is 20 pages, the lecturer might instruct, ''give him 25'', and so on. Like WTF? I then realised i have been writing nothing more than 3 pages for one question all along, at least we are usually expected to answer 4 questions inside eight. Gbask! I set to quickly put things right before it was too late. I still had six more courses to write. I planned to start writing novels in exam hall, even putting irrelevant stuffs at anywhere i found myself since they never read anything we write. The first paper i wrote after discovering this was something else. I filled up 37 pages out of 38. I continued with this routine till i finished my papers. The only thing i always made sure i did was to write accurate things at the beginning and final pages of the leaflet. The department that their lecturers are found of this are those in History department. When the results were released i got six C, one D and one E. Guess what? The E and C were the ones i wrote before i met that guy!, and found out the reason for my past failures. Honestly that guy saved my a.ss, else i would not have crossed. This is the situation in some departments in Unilorin, the present acclaimed best university in Nigeria. Though i doff my hat for the school's innovation and pace setting in other various cases.

Seriously, education in this country never seems to leave the h.ole.
unilorin nah jst yeye,dull,secondary,sharia skul...beta my ass

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
If its not UNIBEN then we not talking school.

4 Likes

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by kaboninc(m): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
This is interesting.

I schooled at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Computer Science. I will never forget the course that caused me a near perfect result. Was in my 3rd Year preparing for this Switching Algebra I examination when we started getting feelers about the kind of marking scheme our lecturer would use. For me, I made sure I prepare before hand - beginning from the day the school resumes for the semester.

Exam came and I had no problem with it; I even taught the friends around me and we were good to go. Result came, friends were joyful and rejoicing that they had scaled this lecturer's hurdle and with a fantastic grade for that matter - some A, some B and others C. Least amongst my friends was D. For mine...I got an F! Exam score was 02, (when I met her to see my script she said I should be grateful that she was kind enough to add 10 marks to my initial score making my total score 12/70). All through my conversation with her, I was just laughing; she asked why I was laughing and I asked her if she thinks its not funny. All those who sat beside me, copied ALL I wrote passed and I failed. How come? Till today it still amazes me!

Took the course in my final year and fortunately, the department was shuffled and another lecturer took over. That was how I scaled through. One thing about education is that you owe yourself the duty and responsibility to succeed; if a lecturer stands in your way, its for your own good. So government/private owned universities, it takes determination to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by haftob(m): 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Honestly, I don't knw y tinz are lyk dis in public schools dat's y I think it's just stupid to say dat private schools give students grades anyhow. To me those private schools provide the correct environment for students and lecturers don't play with students grades,bur reverse is the case in public schools.

2 Likes

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
shocking
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Clinton594(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
your imagination sulks buddy
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Xum lecturers in dt skul are sadists. Imagine a dept dt haven't produced a 1st class student since 1975 bt still yet d lecturers keep failing dia students like it's a normal tin...
Little wonder why 1st class students from unilorin are seen as d best among d bests...

I still rep UNILORIN sha
#teamBBF#
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Mcbussy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
sexzskil: The way education is in this country, serves as one of the several reasons why development is one wild wild dream. Am a Unilorin student, from political science and am in 300L. My first semester in 100L was filled with Es and Ds to my shock. I answered all my exam, assignments and test questions so perfectly. I knew this because i do check textbooks to confirm how i approached the questions whenever am through. Honestly, that first semester was terrible and i was already afraid if i could cross. Second semester came and i trippled my effort, was studying for every tests and exams karakara, going for night classes, denying myself of sleep hours and all that. I had just finished my first two exam papers when a guy who was close to our level adviser told me how all the lecturers mark the answer scripts. I was baffled, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. He revealed that some of them would invite class reps over, give them scripts one after the other to count the number of pages the student reached and award the mark based on the multitude of the pages. For instance, supposing our answer leaflet is 30pages and a rep counts a certain student's answered pages to be 10, the lecturer would direct him/her to give him/her 18. If it is 20 pages, the lecturer might instruct, ''give him 25'', and so on. Like WTF? I then realised i have been writing nothing more than 3 pages for one question all along, at least we are usually expected to answer 4 questions inside eight. Gbask! I set to quickly put things right before it was too late. I still had six more courses to write. I planned to start writing novels in exam hall, even putting irrelevant stuffs at anywhere i found myself since they never read anything we write. The first paper i wrote after discovering this was something else. I filled up 37 pages out of 38. I continued with this routine till i finished my papers. The only thing i always made sure i did was to write accurate things at the beginning and final pages of the leaflet. The department that their lecturers are found of this are those in History department. When the results were released i got six C, one D and one E. Guess what? The E and C were the ones i wrote before i met that guy!, and found out the reason for my past failures. Honestly that guy saved my a.ss, else i would not have crossed. This is the situation in some departments in Unilorin, the present acclaimed best university in Nigeria. Though i doff my hat for the school's innovation and pace setting in other various cases.

Seriously, education in this country never seems to leave the h.ole.

See this 1...judging from ur personal text and signature,its a shame if ur really a student of uni Ilorin. No wonder u score D's and E's ....smhcry sad
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
*spreads mat*

UNILORIN is overrated...

Afghanistan, we summon ur expertise
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by denniece1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
lazy lecturers
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by GboyegaD(m): 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
I find this unbelievable though. Why will a lecturer grade you based on volume of what you wrote and not its quality? If it is true, then you are suggesting the very good ones who are slow writers will be failing while the dumb ones who write faster gets more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by hummerwise(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
I wonder why there are no bodies checking the excesses of those lecturers...

Sumtyms if you hear dea stories of tins they do and there freewill 2 do waheva dey like,YU Go fear God

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
sexzskil, alkarulez615 sure you can call on me at anytime. I'll ever be willing to give you great insight about the true nature of this country called Nigeria. Now let's talk about nigeria and its educational system with one of her second generation universities called the university of ilorin. It shouldn't be new to you about approach unilorin uses to set exams and to mark the booklets. 100L shouldn't be more of a problem to you since the exam is usually done in CBT format but starting from 200L, you'll be introduced to the written format. Let's take a good look at the medical school (COHS, UITH) for example. There was this human physiology exam we had back in my 200L days. Prior to that exam, we heard rumors that physiology was all about writing and writing and writing and you should try to collect as many exam booklets as possible. I never listened to them because then in the medical school, one of our slogans was "write what you know about everything and not everything about something" in order words, it meant you should try and touch every aspect of the questions and not waste all your ink on just one question. I did the exam well, I answered every question well but to my surprise, when the results came out, I got below average. In medical school, we use a pass or fail system and not grades so if you get anything below 50%, its a fail. In that particular result, I had 48.6%. The highest was 60.5%. So profound was my grief that I had to approach a lecturer I was close to ask what really must have gone wrong. Then, he told me about the dark secret of this university called UNILORIN. He said majority of the lecturers mark based on the volume of your work.They concetrate more on the exam booklets with more volume of ink meaning that if were given 2+2 and you answered =+4 on just one page, you'll be at lesser advantage compared to someone that answered =4 on two pages. If they ask you for the capital of Nigeria and you answered FCT Abuja on just one page, you'll be at lesser advantage compared to someone that answered only Abuja {without the FCT} on two pages. That's the way things run there my brothers and sisters. I can't also forget one particular day during another human physiology exam where I was writing like a warrior to the extent that my exam booklet was almost exhausted and one lecturer came to me and asked me one of the most provocative questions I've ever heard. He walked calmly to me and said "are you tired of writing ?. Oh how I felt like strangling him that day but I just smiled to myself and said "anyway,its unilorin".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by priscaoge(f): 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mcbussy:

See this 1...judging from ur personal text and signature,its a shame if ur really a student of uni Ilorin. No wonder u score D's and E's ....smhcry sad
This made me to take the last flight to her profile grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin Bro no vex English hard cheesy
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
donvidar: Xum lecturers in dt skul are sadists. Imagine a dept dt haven't produced a 1st class student since 1975 bt still yet d lecturers keep failing dia students like it's a normal tin...
Little wonder why 1st class students from unilorin are seen as d best among d bests...

I still rep UNILORIN sha
#teamBBF#
I guess that's economics department.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by sexzskil(f): 1:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Leitner: Na wa o,I'd like to know how you eventually crossed and to which dept, Na so so D,E,C you just pack join. Not even a B was mentioned in your post. So my sister, how you take cross?

And concerning your topic. It happened to me in PHY105. These ones were even worse coz I could have sworn with anything,they did not touch my paper. As easy as the course was(had 11/15 in test),I eventually got a D,In fact 70% of people that offered the course got either a D or C.
As easy as the course was,you'd have more luck finding hair on banky W's head than finding somebody with an A.
Bro what are you saying na? I crossed because of the six C i had, i was on 2.15 at the end of the day. And you were talking about me having B. Lol, even the people that demanded for extra sheet to get the B na thug of war, only 5 people got it inside 300 students sometimes. You should then know that A is an impossibility.
Our Level Adviser usually tells us then that A is for God, B is for their family while the rest are for us.

Yomieluv u damn funny, but you just said the fact.

@Afghanistan, not all the various departments write Courses CBT 100L. Depts like History, Posc, etc only do at most 3 CBT. These are the most unfortunate departments.

1 Like

Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 07, 2014
@sexzskilz, pls edit your signature, syntax error.
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by sexzskil(f): 1:46am On Sep 07, 2014
imas: @sexzskilz, pls edit your signature, syntax error.

what is the prob with it pls?
Re: .g sexzskil's life! by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 07, 2014
sexzskil:

what is the prob with it pls?
it should read "feel" not "feels" .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PTDF Scholarship 2023/2024 (application Form And Deadline) / Study in Republic of Benin For Nigerians 2014 -2015 Admission is on. / Yabatech Change Of Course Form! For 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.