Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House (27361 Views)

Are Nigerian Hotels And Guest Houses Over-priced? / Good Hotels And Guest Houses In Ikoyi Axis / ****hotels And Guest Houses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
I came across this building few months ago, it was actually named 'Guest House', suddenly of recent, I saw that its name has being changed to 'Inn'

I have little knowledge in this stuff, so I'll like to know about the difference between the two and also the difference between the four types of buildings mentioned above.

And also, if there are different charges placed on them due to their names?

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by ayobase(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz: I came across this building few months ago, it was actually named 'Guest House', suddenly of recent, I saw that its name has being changed to 'Inn'

I have little knowledge in this stuff, so I'll like to know about the difference between the two and also the difference between the four types of buildings mentioned above.

And also, if there are different charges placed on them due to their names?

Thanks.

do you have dictionary over there?
lets do it together. ....open and write as defined.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by ayobase(m): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
they are all related.

arranged according to class

hotel: food and accomodation.
motel: travellers' hotel....car park and room for driver.
inn: more of alcohol
guest house/inn: combination of above as the case maybe.

we have brothel also.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
HOTEL: A PLACE/ BUILDING THAT HAS ROOMS IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN STAY WHILE TRAVELING, IT PROVIDES SERVICES SUCH AS FOOD, LODGING AND CO FOR PAYING.

INN: A HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE CAN EAT, RENT A ROOM TO SLEEP IN.

MOTEL: A PLACE THAT IS NEXTBTO A ROAD AND HAS ROOMS FOR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE TRAVELING BY CAR(S)

GUESTHOUSE: A PRIVATE HOUSE THAT ACCEPTS PAYING GUESTS, ALSO MAY BE CALLED a small Hotel.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
ayobase:

Okay..no prob.

But I'd have done that.

I just need a practical experience, and someone more knowledgeable about it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
INN (noun)
an establishment providing accommodations, food, and drink, especially for travelers.

GUESTHOUSE (noun)
a private house offering accommodations to paying guests.

HOTEL (noun)
an establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists.

MOTEL (noun)
a roadside hotel designed primarily for motorists, typically having the rooms arranged in a low building with parking directly outside.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: HOTEL: A PLACE/ BUILDING THAT HAS ROOMS IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN STAY WHILE TRAVELING, IT PROVIDES SERVICES SUCH AS FOOD, LODGING AND CO FOR PAYING.

INN: A HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE CAN EAT, RENT A ROOM TO SLEEP IN.

MOTEL: A PLACE THAT IS NEXTBTO A ROAD AND HAS ROOMS FOR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE TRAVELING BY CAR(S)

GUESTHOUSE: A PRIVATE HOUSE THAT ACCEPTS PAYING GUESTS, ALSO MAY BE CALLED a small Hotel.

Thanks a lot for this bro
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Still hoping!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by mywells: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2015
what about a brothel?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
mywells:
what about a brothel?
Lol! That's different
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
hmm.. Unanswered questions...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by Lexusgs430: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
The devil is in the detail. All nah packaging!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:
The devil is in the detail. All nah packaging!!!

Detail?

Packaging?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by akimsudin: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2016
Hotel = Expensive, but it has a lot of Amenity
Motel = Cheaper than hotel, and usually located at the outskirts of towns.
Inn = Almost same like motel.

Follow this link to read more.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by guttentag(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
ayobase:

. What's the Essenes of nairaland, discussion site.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by guttentag(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
mywells:
what about a brothel?

Uwa Eghonghon.

Esam language
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
akimsudin:
Hotel = Expensive, but it has a lot of Amenity
Motel = Cheaper than hotel, and usually located at the outskirts of towns.
Inn = Almost same like motel.

Follow this link to read more.

Thank bro..

Appreciate
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by stunning4real: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2016
mywells:
what about a brothel?
brothel is a place with rooms and prostitutes for business transaction
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by MollyClarkson: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
I think they are quite related between each other. A binding requirement of any motel is existence of a parking place for a car. An inn is something like a motel but having a parking place is not a must. And a guest room is something more modest, as far as I know. It can be located in any building. Honestly, there are some varieties of variants in this aspect. If you are not totally confident about what place to choose you can look here in order to make up your mind faster. Anyway, you should listen to yourself what destination to choose. I always do like that and it never lets me down!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by YvonneAlsop: 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
MollyClarkson:
I think they are quite related between each other. A binding requirement of any motel is existence of a parking place for a car. An inn is something like a motel but having a parking place is not a must. And a guest room is something more modest, as far as I know. It can be located in any building. Honestly, there are some varieties of variants in this aspect. If you are not totally confident about what place to choose you can look here in order to make up your mind faster. Anyway, you should listen to yourself what destination to choose. I always do like that and it never lets me down!

Have you been to that resort recently? What are your impressions?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House by asad664(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Very helpful advice within this article! It is the little changes that Hotels near me with parking produce the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing! great

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge, 5 Persons, Including Two Children Killed / Lagos Bans Trucks, Trailers On Roads In Day Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.