Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Ten Worst Countries For Women - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Ten Worst Countries For Women (41008 Views)

The Worst Countries To Grow Old / This Is The Map Showing The Best And Worst Countries To Be Born Into / Visa Free Countries For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tintingz(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

Princesses drive. Michelle Obama drove before being first lady.

Please learn from women before you lecture about women
I'm talking about Queens not princesses, a princess is not yet quality to rule.

I'm talking about a first lady not the past life of Michelle Obama.

AllNaijaBlogger:

Women earn higher, have more educational opportunities in the USA than saudi.

I prefer to live in south nigeria than saudi as a woman. Thanks
like have said there are high profile women in the middle east and if you must know education is free for women in Saudi Arabia.

Education is a requirement for every Muslim, both male and female. The Holy Qur’an and the Hadith [teachings and practices of the Prophet Muhammad] repeatedly emphasize the importance of learning.

Today, Saudi Arabia’s education system includes 25 public and 27 private universities, with more planned; some 30,000 schools; and a large number of colleges and other institutions. The system is open to all citizens, and provides students with free education, books and health services.
http://www.saudiembassy.net/about/country-information/education/

^^This is from Saudi embassy site.

You are free to live anywhere. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Mavrick2012: 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe: A list from biased minds
Thumbs up to Saudi Arabia for treating women
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/02/saudi-protest-driving-ban-not-popular
LOL,so ladies dont know that driving is stressfull that your saudi has to assist them "rest".
Oga,so a law must be passed to "help" ladies from driving?
If indeed driving is a "difficult-task",what stops the ladies from droping the car key?
oh! sorry,maybe they(ladies)have be protesting on the streets of jedda,medina,mecca yet we couldnt see them because they were all vailled,lol.
aljazeera(a muslim friendly media)BBC,CNN have severally showed how women are chagrined about this law.
what am i saying?the absence-of-freedom is when,as an adult,am not allowed to choose what i want,as long it doesnot step on anothers right.
mr oga,please how is driving a stressfull stuff that a woman shouldnt be allowd to?
Am sure you will frown at any law that says women should stop entring kitchen.
Sir,this ur logic....make i no talk

1 Like

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: I'm talking about Queens not princesses, a princess is not yet quality to rule.

I'm talking about a first lady not the past life of Michelle Obama.

like have said there are high profile women in the middle east and if you must know education is free for women in Saudi Arabia.

Education is a requirement for every Muslim, both male and female. The Holy Qur’an and the Hadith [teachings and practices of the Prophet Muhammad] repeatedly emphasize the importance of learning.

Today, Saudi Arabia’s education system includes 25 public and 27 private universities, with more planned; some 30,000 schools; and a large number of colleges and other institutions. The system is open to all citizens, and provides students with free education, books and health services.
http://www.saudiembassy.net/about/country-information/education/

^^This is from Saudi embassy site.

You are free to live anywhere. smiley

Just as queens do not drive themselves, Kings do not drive themselves. The same with the first lady and president.

THE REASON FOR THEIR NOT DRIVING IS For SECURITY PURPOSES. IT IS NOT A GENDER ISSUE. Both male and female rulers do not drive.

Unto the issue of free education in saudi, free education does not equate to good education. How many internationally recognised female scientists come from Saudi?
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Mavrick2012: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lailerh: God bless you cheesy that's exactly what I was thinking too
anti,pls open your mind,so a law MUST be passed to "help" the woman from a "stressful work" like driving?
Pls where have you read that a saudi woman/women are complaining that their hubbies are forcing them to drive thereby necesitating the enactment of this nature of law?
If driving is "hard/stressful/disrespectful",madam,pls dont ever drive,please how is this a big deal?
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
We women too must speak up. Silence in the face of oppression is as a bad as allowing the oppression to take place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Fourwinds: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
lepasharon:

For real dude. Indian men mostly get women by arranged marries. They wouldn't get woman otherwise so they rape em. Bunch of skinny mofos with no GAME !
u mean it. I thought it was d women dat do pay groom pride. I still don't understand how deir marriages are done
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by bhagghio(m): 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
Thanks God I am not a woman! So I guess this post is non of my business•••
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by fowowe411: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe: A list from biased minds!

Placing Saudi Arabia on that list is a very wrong submission.

Because Saudi Arabia refuses to allow women mix freely with men? They would have been delisted if they allowed men Bleep women like dogs on streets like here in the US?

A society that caters for women needs, why must a woman drive when male drivers, husband or relatives can take them out when they wish? Is driving a car the priority or getting to your destination?

I see this as a respect to women rather than marginalisation.

Thumbs up to Saudi Arabia for treating women as the most valuable being.

Update

See what majority of Saudi Arabia women think (PLEASE READ);

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/02/saudi-protest-driving-ban-not-popular

You are just trying to justify their action by saying women are being respected with the ban on driving.Like seriously do u mean there won't be sometimes when a woman needs to go out all alone? The law is so stupid because I dnt tink the ban is necessary,yu can always "protect" them in a thousand ways !.The list shouldn't be surprising to anybody because even islamic religion allow women to be treated as property by men.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by PhumiTJ(f): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2014

Because Saudi Arabia refuses to allow women mix freely with men? They would have been delisted if they allowed men Bleep women like dogs on streets like here in the US?

A society that caters for women needs, why must a woman drive when male drivers, husband or relatives can take them out when they wish? Is driving a car the priority or getting to your destination?

Update

what is dis one saying
what is d essence of freedom in chains....pple like u re dose fighting for boko haram
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tintingz(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

Just as queens do not drive themselves, Kings do not drive themselves. The same with the first lady and president.

THE REASON FOR THEIR NOT DRIVING IS For SECURITY PURPOSES. IT IS NOT A GENDER ISSUE. Both male and female rulers do not drive.
Women not driving themselves in Saudi is also for security purpose and health, that's why a guardian follows them it is their culture, their way. They don't want their women to do stressful things.

Women not driving themselves is not part of sharia.

Head Of Saudi Religious Police: Sharia Doesn't Ban Women From Driving
https://www.nairaland.com/1477393/head-saudi-religious-police-sharia

Unto the issue of free education in saudi, free education does not equate to good education. How many internationally recognised female scientists come from Saudi?
Who told you Saudi education does equate good education?

Have you been there before? There are foreigners studying masters in saudi universities, like the king Fahd university is one the top institution in the world.

and who told there are no recognized female scientists from Saudi Arabia?

Hayat Sindi is a female scientist from Saudi Arabia who also studied in UK.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayat_Sindi

she has been given awards by Saudi leaders.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by IbrahimMav: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
RayMcBlue: Have read all the arguments flowing back and forth with regards to Saudi Arabia. Well, here's my own two pence.

Saudi Arabia is a country that thinks women are prized "properties" to be kept and cherished, very similar to how one hides his jewelries in his private safe when he's not around. Women are not allowed to go shopping unchaperoned, ride in public transport filled with men, drive cars or any mode of transportation, vote, marry a man of their choice, make their own decisions, the list goes on and on...

Women reserve the right to go toe to toe with men. They are human beings too, and mustn't be subjected to the same treatment one showers on a beloved pet. Women are not pets. They don't want you to treat them like "queens", rather they want to be given the opportunity to compete with men in a gender equality oriented environment.

I read somewhere that the Saudi Govt had finally caved in to the outside pressure, and a referendum will be passed in 2015 giving their women the civil right to vote and drive. I hope it's true because, at this time and period, women should be competing with men in everything, rather than be treated like a prized cattle.

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tunshe: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
PhumiTJ:

what is dis one saying
what is d essence of freedom in chains....pple like u re dose fighting for boko haram

What does Boko haram got to do with this? Use your brain na!
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tunshe: 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
fowowe411: You are just trying to justify their action by saying women are being respected with the ban on driving.Like seriously do u mean there won't be sometimes when a woman needs to go out all alone? The law is so stupid because I dnt tink the ban is necessary,yu can always "protect" them in a thousand ways !.The list shouldn't be surprising to anybody because even islamic religion allow women to be treated as property by men.

Don't you like this?

Haleema. .....I'm going to the boutique, Abdul?

Abdul............Which of the cars would you like to ride?

Haleema. ......The Bentley

Abdul. ............Once you are ready, I am. Driving is stressful and we don't want our women to get stressed.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tunshe: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mavrick2012: LOL,so ladies dont know that driving is stressfull that your saudi has to assist them "rest".
Oga,so a law must be passed to "help" ladies from driving?
If indeed driving is a "difficult-task",what stops the ladies from droping the car key?
oh! sorry,maybe they(ladies)have be protesting on the streets of jedda,medina,mecca yet we couldnt see them because they were all vailled,lol.
aljazeera(a muslim friendly media)BBC,CNN have severally showed how women are chagrined about this law.
what am i saying?the absence-of-freedom is when,as an adult,am not allowed to choose what i want,as long it doesnot step on anothers right.
mr oga,please how is driving a stressfull stuff that a woman shouldnt be allowd to?
Am sure you will frown at any law that says women should stop entring kitchen.
Sir,this ur logic....make i no talk

Did you read the link you quoted? I don't think so sir.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tunshe: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tobiustobius:

The women did not ask for the driving ban. They didn't ask for "protection". They are adult human beings, who should be treated the same as their adult male counterparts, who should have the same choices and opportunities as the men. They are not children without reasoning, to be locked up at home and allowed to venture out only under supervision.

That is marginalization and control, wearing a mask of respect.

This is what you think as a Nigerian, the majority of Saudi Arabia women think differently.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Natifa(f): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
TrollMan: In Summary, Islamically dominant countries ain't Life friendly at all.

angry angry

TMan
especial to the women folk
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Mavrick2012: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe:

Did you read the link you quoted? I don't think so sir.
sure sir,i read the link.
we are talking about arab nation here,they can go xtra lenght in proofing a point,so am not suprise at that link.
Sir,the restriction on woman-driver in saudi is not alien to me,and i understand the level of opposition saudi women have been mounting on it,have watched on aljazeera and many medias.
sir,you didnt answer my question,was it saudi ladies that told their govt that driving is a "hard work" for them?and if yes,pls what is difficult if they simply refuse picking a car key?lol
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tunshe: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mavrick2012:
sure "sir",i didnt read the link i quoted,all i want you to know is that your saudi arabia DESERVE to be on the list of places that has minimal tolerance for ladies.

Says Mavrick2012 but majority of the ladies you defending think differently. If you have time read the link if you don't case closed.

Nice chatting with you.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by ovokeomole(m): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Samiceman: Thanks God I am not a woman! So I guess this post is non of my business...

don't talk like fool wise up u were born and breast feed by a woman

1 Like

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by olayinka63: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
@op dont be bias nah saudi arabia gives highest regards to thier women they did this to avoid zinna like wise any other muslim countries pls reason well dont be sentimental may be fornication is the pride your family
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Amya(f): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
lertee: If Nigeria women get half of the treatment Saudi women get from their husbands,they will be the healthiest and happiest on earth.

When your husband decides to do everything for you,as a Nigerian woman,you refer to him as a perfect gentleman but since it is happening that way in Saudi,it is now termed as "lack of freedom".
Talk of double standard..
Some people talk about giving freedom to their women,how many men would allow their wives stay out late,how many men will see their wives dress halfnude,how many men will allow their wives hang out with their girls,smoke,drink and club. These are all part of being free,(to those advocating for freedom)if a woman wants to do all these,why can't she do them ESP if she is married?

What in the world are you saying? marriage is a contract, and for it to work, the couple has to set boundaries on what makes the other comfortable if not the marriage will end. In a situation you want to have absolute freedom anyone in Nigeria has the choice to spend the rest of her life single, drink and smoke, have kids out of wedlock, infact do anything we wanna do that's within the ambit of the law.

meanwhile our Saudi Arabian sisters lack absolute freewill to choose their path in life. they are like slaves and are hugely discriminated against. Why can't they decide themselves how they want to live their life? the same thing you and many women the world over enjoy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by sorom4: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
APC Militias in Sudan? Hope its not where they got their name 4m?
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by thrizzle(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lailerh: OP, I think it should be SOUTH SUDAN and not Sudan and why on earth is Saudi on the list What you mentioned earlier about what the women go through in other countries is gruesome and it's in no way comparable to Saudi undecided Nothing brutal and harsh there naw
nothing brutal in saudi? if you dunno about something shut your ignorant arse up ... any country that subjects women to harsh rules should be on the list..in saudi women have to cover up from head to toe, women aren't allowed to drive, and another thing is if a woman gets raped (which happens alot) she has to produce 5 witness to the rape.. When you get raped you have to admit that you had sex, when you go to the court and dont produce witnesses or fail to prove your point cause your rapist bribed five men to speak against you, you get tried for fornication
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: Women not driving themselves in Saudi is also for security purpose and health, that's why a guardian follows them it is their culture, their way. They don't want their women to do stressful things.

Women not driving themselves is not part of sharia.

Head Of Saudi Religious Police: Sharia Doesn't Ban Women From Driving
https://www.nairaland.com/1477393/head-saudi-religious-police-sharia

Who told you Saudi education does equate good education?

Have you been there before? There are foreigners studying masters in saudi universities, like the king Fahd university is one the top institution in the world.

and who told there are no recognized female scientists from Saudi Arabia?

Hayat Sindi is a female scientist from Saudi Arabia who also studied in UK.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayat_Sindi

she has been given awards by Saudi leaders.

So the only Saudi female scientists you could find is one that studied in the west and works mostly in the west? See how your Saudi education is not great?

I won't talk about women driving since you don't want to learn facts. Even saudi women have rejected the ban and are fighting against it.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by tintingz(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

So the only Saudi female scientists you could find is one that studied in the west and works mostly in the west? See how your Saudi education is not great?

I won't talk about women driving since you don't want to learn facts. Even saudi women have rejected the ban and are fighting against it.
You want a female scientist from Saudi, you got one so what else.

yes she studied in UK, where they have good medical facilities and standard, she worked in UK and Saudi Arabia. she study English in Saudi.

In Saudi they have good standard in petroleum and minerals studies.

Do you know the mind of a Saudi woman not driving by herself?
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Litmus: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: Why should naija be on the list?

Because its Nigeria.

Dont know about Northern Nigeria because of the Islamic system but from my experience Nigerian women are spoilt rotten and I'm happy with that.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: You want a female scientist from Saudi, you got one so what else.

yes she studied in UK, where they have good medical facilities and standard, she worked in UK and Saudi Arabia. she study English in Saudi.

In Saudi they have good standard in petroleum and minerals studies.

Do you know the mind of a Saudi woman not driving by herself?

Google 'saudi women protest driving van'
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Lailerh(f): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
thrizzle:
nothing brutal in saudi? if you dunno about something shut your ignorant arse up ... any country that subjects women to harsh rules should be on the list..in saudi women have to cover up from head to toe, women aren't allowed to drive, and another thing is if a woman gets raped (which happens alot) she has to produce 5 witness to the rape.. When you get raped you have to admit that you had sex, when you go to the court and dont produce witnesses or fail to prove your point cause your rapist bribed five men to speak against you, you get tried for fornication
And now you will call yourself a responsible adult. Why can't you just correct me. Must you be so rude undecided
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Some people really baffle me... Saudi women have been protesting against that ban for aeons.......

Saudi women do not like the way they have been subjugated... if that Ban is lifted today, a thousand Saudi women would start driving cars the next day... Mind you, as soon as this same Saudi women leave the shores of their country, they buy cars and drive themselves...
Saudi women Drive in America, they do so in Germany, they do so in Ukraine, they do so anywhere else that is not saudi... They don't do it in Saudi because they are scared of the repercussions, what a country to live in where there is perpetual fear of getting mobbed if you drive a car...
Like a famous man once said, I'd rather be the head of a Dog than the Tail of a Lion...

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by abdulkayus(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek:

Who is talking about having se.x up and down?

You have shown that your mind is dirty.

Women can embrace their sexuality without being pros.titutes. Embracing se.xuality does not mean having se.x constantly.

wat does it mean then? Not havin sex constantly bt periodically abi? grin
AbdulSleek:

Who is talking about having se.x up and down?

You have shown that your mind is dirty.

Women can embrace their sexuality without being pros.titutes. Embracing se.xuality does not mean having se.x constantly.

wat does it mean then? Not havin sex constantly bt periodically abi?
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by abdulkayus(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
tintingz: force marriage is still a practice in Africa, it has to do with culture and not Islamic.

I agree wit u bt many muslims or islamic countries has make it look like force marriage is islam which is nt islamically. Jus look at d issue of honour killing, its disgusting.
Re: The Ten Worst Countries For Women by MarieSucre(f): 1:35am On Sep 08, 2014

Update

wooow Mr Tunshe your wisdom amazes me! According to you every other country in the world including your country Nigeria where women and men mix and women drive cars as females in your family do have people bleeping in the streets... Wonderful. Or are you saying the saudi's are a bunch of rabid sex-o-maniacs and uncultured jungle beasts who would tear their clothes off at the sight of the opposite sex? Smh.and who is say.. To put more rightly, why do men feel they know what gives women honor and full respect? Smh @ head at male drivers(unrelated ofcourse) and all the other bullshit justifications. Mtschewww

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Snake Killed In My House / Female Student Crushed On Ikom-Calabar Highway (graphic Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Snake My Brother Killed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.