Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS (4266 Views)

Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu / Military Takes Delivery Of Two Jets Loaded With Weapons / Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE BEGIN TAKING DELIVERY OF STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35M HELICOPTERS (ABSOLUTE WORLD EXCLUSIVE PHOTO)

In this one-of-a-kind photo which was shot on Friday 29th August, 2014 and posted originally and exclusively on BEEGEAGLE’S BLOG, a freshly delivered Mi-35M attack helicopter can be seen being unloaded from a giant Antonov cargo plane at a location in northern Nigeria (details withheld by me for security reasons). This is the only photo of this mean machine in cyberspace as I write this…a true global exclusive.

The roundel of the NAF is visible on this side towards the tail end and of course, it is the only MiL attack helicopter of the NAF thus far pictured in desert camouflage colour scheme. Its special adaptations are visible from here.

Congratulations to the NAF….Africa’s first PROVEN (not merely claiming) user of the Mi-35M.

http://beegeagle./2014/09/03/nigerian-air-force-begin-taking-delivery-of-state-of-the-art-mi35m-helicopters-absolute-world-exclusive-photo/

There were a lot of user comments on the acquisition of this beauty, but this comment stands out.

Lordfej says:
September 3, 2014 at 8:34 pm
To be honest I really hope shekau and his goons have prepared to meet their virgins because the Airforce has decided to buy them a first class one way no return ticket

MI-35M features

The Mi-35M is a multi-role combat helicopter manufactured by Rostvertol, a subsidiary of Russian Helicopters. It is an export variant of Mi-24 Hind attack helicopter. Primarily designed for attack and military transport missions, the helicopter delivers superior flight performance and manoeuvrability than its predecessor.
The production of Mi-35M started in 2005. The aircraft integrates modern high-precision weaponry for destroying ground-based armoured targets and providing air support for ground missions. It can be modified as an attack, ground assault, medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) or transport platform.

The Mi-35M is one of the modern combat helicopters in the Russian Air Force inventory. It is also operated by the armed forces of Venezuela, Brazil and Azerbaijan.

Based on the Mi-24 Hind, the Mi-35M incorporates several improvements including shortened stub wings, a new rotor system, modern avionics, upgraded turboshaft engines and a hydraulic system. The cockpit and vital components of the helicopter are significantly armoured.
The Mi-35M has an overall length of 21.6m, wingspan of 6.5m and height of 6.5m. Its takeoff weight in ferry configuration is 12,000kg. It can carry eight troops or a payload of 2,400kg.
Cockpit and avionics of the Mi-35M

The glass cockpit of the Mi-35M accommodates two pilots in tandem configuration. The night vision goggle (NVG)-compatible cockpit integrates multi-functional displays (MFDs), redundant flight controls and state-of-the-art avionics.
The helicopter is equipped with OPS-24N surveillance-and-sighting station, television channel, GPS-guided navigation system and optional non-Russian radio station.
Hind E armament

The chin-mounted turret can be installed with the twin-barrel GSh-23V 23mm cannon with 450 to 470 rounds of ammunition. The gun can fire 3,400 to 3,600 rounds per minute. The stub wings can carry a range of weapon systems including anti-tank missiles, rocket pods/gun pods, or fuel tanks.

The helicopter can be armed with up to eight 9?114 or 9M120 Ataka-V SACLOS radio guided anti-tank missiles, up to 80 'S-8' 80mm unguided rockets and 20 'S-13' type 122mm unguided aircraft rockets.
Mi-35M countermeasures

The countermeasures suite of Mi-35M includes a radar warning receiver, a laser range finder and a location finder, chaff and flare launch system, infrared (IR) jamming system and engine-exhaust IR suppressor.
Mi-35M engines and performance

The Mi-35M helicopter is powered by two ?V?-117V?? or VK-2500 engines. Each engine develops a maximum power output of 2,200hp. The engines are designed to support high altitude missions.

The helicopter can fly at a maximum speed of 310km/h. Its operational altitude is 5,400m. The helicopter has a normal range of 460km and can reach a maximum distance of 1,000km with full fuel load.

It can be deployed in combat missions across the world in various geographies with high-temperature and high-altitude environments. It features round-the-clock combat capabilities for conducting missions during day and night. It is also capable of operating from unprepared and poorly equipped airfields.

2 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
More user comments:

chynedoo says:
September 3, 2014 at 8:55 pm
And behold ‘Ye shall pray for mercy and none will be given. For on that day, the god of the terrorists was but nowhere to be seen, for they cut themselves, and tore their clothes, and fired their rust RPGs, their AA guns and shouted the name of their god. But no one answered. And the god of the sky hovered above them, its rotors whined with vengeance, its canons spoke no word but fire issued forth from his sides and burned the people of Boko for their prayer was Haram to the sound of his wrath. And he spoke to them from the belly of the sky, his wings decked in the livery of NAF.
As they ran and cried for mercy, he pursued them to their holes, in their camps, he smote them, he cut them down one after the other until there was none left to pray to the god of IEDs.
These prophecies were written in the scroll of NAF

17 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
video of the Helicopter features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT23BQwSoSA

1 Like

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Brahms(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
shocked Boko Haram, Your End Is Near!!

7 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by gsalvatore: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
We shall see..

You can buy all the aircraft man can make but if the moles in the Army/Govt/sympathizers are not taken out then the whole thing is a fiasco.

I pray am wrong ...am hardly wrong anyway.

1 Like

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
gsalvatore: We shall see..

You can buy all the aircraft man can make but if the moles in the Army/Govt/sympathizers are not taken out then the whole thing is a fiasco.

I pray am wrong ...am hardly wrong anyway.

A single Mi35m can take out a troop of 1000 people within 2km radius. This thing is a beast and the first of its kind in Africa, the U.S Marines recently acquired a couple of these for use in training. The weaponry on this thing is almost similar to a fighter jet. Forget about weaponry, the mere sight and sound of this machine coming towards you at top speed is enough to make you renounce your family and loved ones grin, its frightening. No matter the amount of brainwashin these Boko Ram boys have gone through, you simply cannot stand this machine.

I think it would be difficult to sabotage the operations of these helicopters because its operations and flight path is unpredictable unlike a normal fighter jet, even if you know its coming, the speed is crazy with spuerb manoeuvre capabilities and missile warning, shooting at this thing is just waste of time from Boko boys. The Nigerian air force got more than a dozen of these beauty, and in the real sense, just four of these would take out the whole army of Boko Haram.

7 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by ochilikoko(m): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Brahms: shocked Boko Haram, Your End Is Near!!
Please don't try dis at home @GEJ. After watching d bombardment s of d copter, you will ask if there will be any State called Borno in few months coming

2 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by zurine(f): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Interesting
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
Good but lets hope and pray sabotuers will not deliberately crash the stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Greatihex(m): 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Gbege

1 Like

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by KnowAll(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Does it have anti-flare otherwise it would be an expensive sitting duck in d air for anti-craft guns.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by lilprinze: 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
BH your end has come in Nigeria enough is enough its high time we flush out those bastards from this country.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
I hope that those whose duties it is to fly these things know how to do it? I hope it is not sabotaged. I hope someone doesn't refuse to put enough jet fuel or ammo in it where he is trying to shortchange the government. I hope it is maintained.

I say these things cos if Nigerian politicians are accused of bread and butter politics, the men of the Military have become pepper-soup Generals with their cronies that pick the crumbs.

2 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
KnowAll: Does it have anti-flare otherwise it would be an expensive sitting duck in d air for anti-craft guns.

It does, Countermeasures of the Mi35M include infrared jammer, radar alert and flare dispensers.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by donwilly3: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Headlines:NBA DRAGS NAF TO HAUGUE FOR MASSIVE KILLINGS IN NORTHEAST NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Randerl: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Pertinent questions that deserves serious soul searching answers. This nation has been greatly sabotaged by the government using religious and ethnic cards. That is why you see the failure in operations at the NE. may God help the Pilots of these newly acquired helis

20pounds: I hope that those whose duties it is to fly these things know how to do it? I hope it is not sabotaged. I hope someone doesn't refuse to put enough jet fuel or ammo in it where he is trying to shortchange the government. I hope it is maintained.

I say these things cos if Nigerian politicians are accused of bread and butter politics, the men of the Military have become pepper-soup Generals with their cronies that pick the crumbs.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by xwolverine: 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
Over 50 Boko Haram Insurgents Killed in Borno , Says Military

06 Sep 2014
Font Size: a / A
Defence-Headquarters-0812.jpg - Defence-Headquarters-0812.jpg
Defence Hqs

•One officer, two soldiers wounded

By Senator Iroegbu

Following the renewed onslaught against the Boko Haram Islamic terrorists, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has confirmed that over 50 terrorists were killed Saturday afternoon as troops raided their hide out in Kawuri shortly before setting out on a planned attack on Konduga.

This was disclosed in terse statement through the DHQ twitter account @DefenceInfoNG.

The Defence authorities disclosed that "one fabricated artillery gun, two Anti Aircraft gun, an armoured vehicle and assorted types of ammunition were captured in the process.

"Some hardware, weapons food items, and personal belongings were also destroyed in the raid".

They also confirmed that one officer and two soldiers were seriously wounded.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/over-50-boko-haram-insurgents-killed-in-borno-says-military/188343/
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Randerl: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Jonathan should make sure that,

it is fully functional
It was not refurbished for NAF to buy
It does the job it was intended for.
it is no sabotaged by fiel shortage, lack of munitions and other necessities.

2 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by seankay(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2014
When are they going to import "mole detecting machines" ? That's all they need to win the war

3 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by omenka(m): 12:13am On Sep 07, 2014
They'd end up being used to transport VIPs while those fvcking bloodsuckers have fun at the expense of innocent Nigerians!!
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by gunuvi(m): 12:31am On Sep 07, 2014
this is the kind of news I love to hear.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by gsalvatore: 12:34am On Sep 07, 2014
xwolverine:

A single Mi35m can take out a troop of 1000 people within 2km radius. This thing is a beast and the first of its kind in Africa, the U.S Marines recently acquired a couple of these for use in training. The weaponry on this thing is almost similar to a fighter jet. Forget about weaponry, the mere sight and sound of this machine coming towards you at top speed is enough to make you renounce your family and loved ones grin, its frightening. No matter the amount of brainwashin these Boko Ram boys have gone through, you simply cannot stand this machine.

I think it would be difficult to sabotage the operations of these helicopters because its operations and flight path is unpredictable unlike a normal fighter jet, even if you know its coming, the speed is crazy with spuerb manoeuvre capabilities and missile warning, shooting at this thing is just waste of time from Boko boys. The Nigerian air force got more than a dozen of these beauty, and in the real sense, just four of these would take out the whole army of Boko Haram.
Can't you see the Nigerian Army is indirectly arming boko haram? My point is as long as there is an insider/moles/sympathizers in naija govt/army these Warship is almost nothing.

War are won from the inside. 15million cadet- almajiris ready/happy to die for the cause plus assistance from neighbouring countries like somalia,Sudan etc. You still think you can only shoot your way to victory...ask the Americans during Vietnam war.

My broda don't get overly excited. This is Naija (TIN).

Rule 1. Don't get your hopes high.

4 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by repogirl(f): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2014
Ok nao, lets go dia!
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by duality(m): 1:25am On Sep 07, 2014
I pray I don't see sekau standing beside the helicopter in a next video.

6 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by mako007(m): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2014
duality: I pray I don't see sekau standing beside the helicopter in a next video.
exactly my fears

3 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by mako007(m): 1:45am On Sep 07, 2014
gsalvatore: Can't you see the Nigerian Army is indirectly arming boko haram? My point is as long as there is an insider/moles/sympathizers in naija govt/army these Warship is almost nothing.

War are won from the inside. 15million cadet- almajiris ready/happy to die for the cause plus assistance from neighbouring countries like somalia,Sudan etc. You still think you can only shoot your way to victory...ask the Americans during Vietnam war.

My broda don't get overly excited. This is Naija (TIN).

Rule 1. Don't get your hopes high.
you have said it all
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Dibiachukwu: 1:54am On Sep 07, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Dibiachukwu: 1:56am On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Eldavido1: 2:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Goodnewwwssss!!! As they keep multiplying, let's keep sending
them back to their lovely 72 virgins in hades!!! Hope to see more of these machines in action!
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 07, 2014
xwolverine:

In this one-of-a-kind photo

Yawnnnnn.........

Will it be flown by a Nigerian military personnel?

Then all na wash. BH sympathizers abound amongst the rank.
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Good development, this will wipe out atleast 300 boko boies per hour, with this I believe boko haram have less than a mounth
Re: Doom For Boko Haram: NAF Takes Delivery Of STATE-OF-THE-ART Mi35m HELICOPTERS by XketchDesigns(m): 6:34am On Sep 07, 2014
The NAF already had 8 in service. And it has proved to be effective over the years, how does one make any difference?

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Things Must Do At Age 30 To Benefit Your Life At 50 / Bukola / Fayose Ticket 2019 / South East And South South Have The Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria. Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.