Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Fullness Of The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fullness Of The Spirit (426 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Full Life Christian Centre - Stirring Men Into The Fullness Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fullness Of The Spirit by rccgamg: 1:17am On Sep 07, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJ_RLmf0Mw

Ephesians 5:18
"18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

When the Spirit of God is upon the life of the man, he will not lack direction, because the spirit of God will teach him all things.

The difference between the a Christian and an unbeliever is the Spirit of God.

Been filled with the Spirit of God means filled with God himself.

Ephesians 3:19
"19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

If you want to do exploit, then thirst and hunger for the Spirit of God.
The Spirit of God doesn't come until you desire for it.

My Prayer is that God will fill us with his Spirit as we ask.

Requirements Needed For The Spirit Of God: The Holy Spirit is not for Sinners/Unbelievers.

John 14:17
"17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

Galatians 5:22
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

Ezekiel 36:27
"27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

The promise of the Spirit of God is for everybody.

Luke 11:13
"13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

The absence of the Holy Spirit in one's life limits the ability/capability in the service of the kingdom.

The Purpose of the Fullness of the Spirit of God

Act 1:8
"8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

We are spiritually powerless without the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:26
"26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

The Spirit of God gives us power to overcome challenges.

Works of The Spirit
- It makes a convicted sinner to be born again.
John 16:7-8
"7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
"8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
"

- The Spirit enlightens us about our right in God.
- He bears witness in our heart that we are the children of God.
Roms 8:16
"16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

- The Spirit of God helps us nullify the works and deeds of the flesh.
Roms 8:13
"13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

- Leads a child of God not to make mistakes.
Roms 8:14
"14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

- Reveals God to us as a Father.
- The Holy Spirit is our teacher.

1 Corinthians 2:13
"13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

- Guides us into all truth.
John 16:13
"13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

- He reminds us of his Word.
John 14:26
"26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

- He comforts us in times of distress.
John 15:26
"26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

- Empowers the believer for effective service.
Act 1:8
"8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

http://www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

(1) (Reply)

Publishers In Nigeria / First Christian Community In Nigeria(gaministries) / Spiritual Digest For The Day 12th Of November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.