Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,769 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Result Observations Back In Secondary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Result Observations Back In Secondary School (431 Views)

Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / Mention One Crazy Thing You Did In Secondary School / Hilarious Nicknames Given To Your Teachers When You're In Secondary School... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2014
Remember back then in secondary school when you have a C6 or probably down to E and still happy u managed to pass the subject only to find someone crying soberly beside you just because he/she had a C4 or probably didn't get an A in the subject and you are like "4real!".

Share your experiences.
Re: Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Tolexander: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2014
Gbadegesin19: Remember back then in secondary school when you have a C6 or probably down to E and still happy u managed to pass the subject only to find someone crying soberly beside you just because he/she had a C4 or probably didn't get an A in the subject and you are like "4real!".

Share your experiences.
bro, around what year are you talking about sir?
Re: Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: bro, around what year are you talking about sir?
No year precisely; just secondary school days when some of us never knew the full importance of good results
Re: Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Mention(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2014
Op.. I guess u were among those who. Celebrated an E...
Me?? I cried whenever I had a B in Subject cos spanking awaits me at home..
Re: Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Tolexander: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2014
Gbadegesin19: No year precisely; just secondary school days when some of us never knew the full importance of good results
ok!

Cos nowadays, some schools are selective and with their admission requirement. Typical examples are some schools of nursing and some universities.

They calculate the admission points base on the o'level grades. The higher the grade, the higher the point. Hence, the higher the advantage.

Moreover, the world is fast moving towards the stage where only excellence is celebrated and required and mediocrity not an option.
Re: Result Observations Back In Secondary School by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Tolexander: ok!

Cos nowadays, some schools are selective and with their admission requirement. Typical examples are some schools of nursing and some universities.

They calculate the admission points base on the o'level grades. The higher the grade, the higher the point. Hence, the higher the advantage.

Moreover, the world is fast moving towards the stage where only excellence is celebrated and required and mediocrity not an option.

Base on your first point; the environment surrounding the method of studying(if known to the students) would likely boost the quest of knowledge leading to good grades. I only became serious once again in my higher secondary school cause of my friends(good friends). Knowing what is done at the present moment would determine how good the future would be is a great motivation to a student in starving for a good grade.
To the second; not everyone(including me) in those days would have the great understanding on excellence;no matter how a person is being oriented on a subject/matter;he/she wouldn't pay much attention to it except he/she understand's the need for it.

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Read This. / 2014/2015 IMSU Merit Admission List Has Been Released / ACCA Study Pal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.