Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

What Is The Best Way To Reduce This - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Way To Reduce This (949 Views)

The Best Way To Treat Hemorrhoids For Quick Relief / Advice On How To Reduce This My Unceased High B.P / How To Reduce Pot Belly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Reduce This by festire: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2008
HELLO NAIRA LAND

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST WAY TO REDUCE FAT FROM YOUR BODY. COMMENT ON THIS
Re: What Is The Best Way To Reduce This by trimandtrendy(f): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2008
@poster, to reduce fat, just make sure u have a calorie deficit. by calculating how much comes in and how much you work out.

A calorie is a unit of energy. Most often when we hear the word calories we usually associate it with food, but it applies to anything containing energy. A calorie is the amount of energy, or heat, it takes to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit). One calorie is equal to 4.184 joules, a common unit of energy used in the physical sciences.
The amount of calories in food is a measure of how much potential energy the food possesses. And this energy is what our body uses to perform our daily activities. If you know how many carbohydrates, fats and proteins are in any given food, it would help you know how many calories, or how much energy, that food contains.
• 1 gram of carbohydrate =4 calories
• 1 gram of protein = 4 calories
• 1 gram of fat =9 calories
The amount of calories our bodies need to do daily activity is called Calorie Maintenance Level (CML) . To lose weight your body must have less calories to utilise which would making it burn your fat stores for energy. Therefore, a caloric deficit is what causes weight loss. To attain calorie deficit you must do the following:
1. Consume Less Calories (Diet)
one of the most important way to lose weight is by consuming less total calories. If your body needs 3500 calories per day (just an example), then you should take about 3000 calories per day, therefore supplying your body with less calories than it needs to maintain your current weight. Doing this consistently will cause weight loss. To know how much calories your body needs daily use this table (insert link)
2. Burn More Calories (Exercise)
The second way to attain calorie deficit is by burning more calories than your CML. If you make your body burn additional calories each day through some form of exercise, there would then be a caloric deficit. One thing about exercise is that it raises your metabolic rate not only while you're exercising, your metabolism takes a while to return to its normal pace. It continues to function at a higher level and your body burns an increased number of calories for about two hours after you've stopped exercising. To know how many calories you need or burn in a day, i suggest that you use Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
BMR: is the amount of energy our body usually needs to function at rest. It differs from human to human and accounts for about 60 to 70 % calories burnt in a day.
The best method of estimating your basal metabolic rate is the Harris-Benedict formula:
• Adult male: 66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)
• Adult female: 655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

1 Pound Of Fat = 3500 Calories
There is approximately 3500 calories in 1 pound of fat. Meaning that for every 3500 extra calories that you consume that your body doesn't burn, you will GAIN 1 pound of fat. At the same time, it also means that for every 3500 extra calories that your body does burn, you will LOSE 1 pound of fat.
By eliminating 500 calories a day, you will lose one pound in a week. So, if your daily caloric need is X to maintain your weight, subtract 500 from that, and you'll have the number of calories you can consume each day and still lose a pound in one week.
The Ideal Weight Loss Rate is 1-2 Pounds Lost Per Week, even though we all want to lose weight faster than that. Everyone does. I personally wish I could drop 20 pounds by next week, but i can't. Not only that, but attempting to lose weight faster than the above recommendation can actually be quite harmful to your health. 1-2 pounds may not sound like much, but it is. In a month and you could lose 4-8 pounds and in a year, 50-100 pounds. It may not be as fast as you wish it could, but long term, it's really not that bad at all. Good luck!!!

there is more, come to http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com
Re: What Is The Best Way To Reduce This by festire: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2008
thanks trimandtrendy

your article were really great. once again i want to say big thanks for the information you have given so far. what types of food will advise me to eat in other to maintain my weight 

A friend of my told me that Eba and Egusi soup is not too good for my diet
Re: What Is The Best Way To Reduce This by maedan(f): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2008
tested and trusted method:

Detoxify: first step to lose fact is internal cleansing. Some go on fruit or water fast, meaning that from between 3 to7 days, you only take fruits or water.

Diet: next step, begin a diet. This might be one where you exclude certain or all types of food eg dairy foods(milk, eggs, butter, icecream etc.) You can eat stuff like salads and plain rice. Eat lots of veggies. Never, ever eat after six.

Exercise: During the dieting period, do loads of exercise. Walking is the easiest, you can walk up to two hours sef.
then do aerobics and weight training, at home or at the gym. Without heavy and daily exercise, no result can be achieved.

This is what I did to lose weight one time, and in less than 5 weeks, I reached my desired weight and shape. The major thing is to reduce what you eat, and exercise like hell. wink
Re: What Is The Best Way To Reduce This by dharsubho627: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2020
Many people are looking for ways to reduce (obesity) and tips for reducing belly fat. To lose weight, it is important to take food correctly. Eating habits are considered to be the cause of obesity. If you eat excess fat, sweet, fried food, baked foods, then you become increasingly obese. For this, you change your eating habit. First of all, you have to exclude more calories and fat from your diet.
https://articalize.com/what-is-active-calories-vs-total-calories/

(1) (Reply)

Wife Dies After A Botched Cosmetic Surgery Operation / Are You Depressed? / Core For Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.