Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (25708 Views)

Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by duni04(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
Omogbhollahorn:

you just so stu-pid....boko-haram sympathizer
Lol. Continue chasing shadows and living in paranoia. The whole world is agsinst you. Sahara reporters, bbc, cnn, voa, afp, reuters, nigerian newspapers, nairaland etc. Did you see the front page of the punch this morning? They listed all the towns under the control of boko haram. I'm sure the punch too is a media tool of boko haram.
Stu.pid thread.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by ehimatie(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
What is special if bokoharam took there own land its their property let them have it. We all know we are not one why do we keep deceiving ourselves
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by darqly(m): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
ndcide: all the media sympathy and support book haram get is just to malign the president for political advantage towards 2015 election.

They want to hear the false exploits of book haram and face the president with insults. nothing more.

Herein lies the bulk of our problem. People like you and GEJ pretend the country isn't under siege and allude his failures and inaction to 'political foes'. Lives and livelihoods are being lost and all you can think of is 2015 elections.

6 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Segekesy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oklander: The NA also contributed to this as they had in many cases dished out lies/wrong info to the masses, had they been sincere in these issues earlier, the masses wouldn't have been subscribing to those media tales.

Well, if it's a lie and its just a propaganda, more reason why NA shouldn't really care much about the reports and focus on finishing off those terrorists.
we always use our mouth to condem the NA dats will not help
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Katier00(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Since the day groundnut oil became equivalent to blue band
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by gab19: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

Again, let's join hands and fight Boko Haram with everything we've got.

Source: Common sense
guy God go bless u,I enjoy dis yan.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
OP, how would you describe such "takeover" that led to our soldiers running away and abandonning their armoured tanks?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by vodkat: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
Religious Neo nazism is what boko haram and them brothers is all about. Neo nazism failed so also will Islamic neo "nazism"

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by RedEboe(m): 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04: Topic=stupid
Source=lack of sense
Whose fault=moderator in charge

duni04=Mumu
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by jideolasoji(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Every terrorist aim is to create FEAR... That is exactly what boko boys are doing. They know how to sell themselves to media

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

Again, let's join hands and fight Boko Haram with everything we've got.

Source: Common sense

I just pasted this on my facebook and I urged everyone to share if they want to live in peace

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by klown00: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
OGB20: U b space manager here

Nope, more like space police
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by hertz9te(m): 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Funbii: since the day they started terrorizing us
I've liked yu,I've tried sendin u a pm....dayumm...for a face like that,,,babe am followin u to Pappas hauze.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by caesaraba(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
darqly:

Herein lies the bulk of our problem. People like you and GEJ pretend the country isn't under siege and allude his failures and inaction to 'political foes'. Lives and livelihoods are being lost and all you can think of is 2015 elections.

Abeg help me tell these people. There's more to life than 2015.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by RedEboe(m): 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
darqly: Op, when people like you make such remarks and assertions, one is tempted to ask you the following-
Are lives not lost during BH cowardly raids?
Are innocent and defenceless citizens not rendered refugees?
Is the Nigerian army effectively countering BH attacks?
Do you live in northeastern Nigeria or merely peddle second-hand word of mouth?
Lastly, do you really expect people to say it is well, when it is evidently not well?

Just remember this, the OP concluded his post by saying "We MUST fight Boko Haram with everything thing we've got."

This (i believe) acknowledges the fact that Boko Haram is a very potent enemy and renders all your points useless.

2 Likes

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by pembisco(m): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
op u ar talking rubish! Infct d media is nt evn reporting d actual casualty of boko haram. If u say BH hv nt taken ova doz twns nd villages u claimed then i dare u pass through thre nd lets see. Mst of u here ar undermining d deadly capability of BH. Wat do u kal a situation whr they attack villages unrepelled by our military fo almst 24hrs?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
You won't believe it's real until it gets to your doorstep. Boka Haram is real and the truth is they have gotten stronger these past few months. The Nigerian cannot handle them even though it shouldn't have been a big deal but years of corruption and lack of infrastructure has left West Africa's most populous Army in a state of decay.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by vodkat: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
ehimatie: What is special if bokoharam took there own land its their property let them have it. We all know we are not one why do we keep deceiving ourselves

That's not there objective they want to destroy things it took people many years to build for what reason- peace. Arab religion is not black man religion
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by hansad: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Babalegba(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
HAH: Yes, to further show that boko Haram have not captured any town in north east we need to have a world press conference led by Labaran maku, and reuben Abati in front. Of emir of Gwoza palace with a full compliment of all the journalist of all news outfit.

Yes we need to show that all this takeover are propaganda and lies by Boko Haram media and apologist.

Let us prove them wrong by going to Bama,Gwoza,madagali and gomboru to have a TAN rally

GEJ till 2099
LOL, I am sure the news agencies will not follow you to those 'unoccupied'. Boko haram infested areas you mentioned as they know the truth of the matter. The op is a mischievous unpatriotic miscreant trying to assure Nigerians that all is well when the house is on fire.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
pembisco: op u ar talking rubish! Infct d media is nt evn reporting d actual casualty of boko haram. If u say BH hv nt taken ova doz twns nd villages u claimed then i dare u pass through thre nd lets see. Mst of u here ar undermining d deadly capability of BH. Wat do u kal a situation whr they attack villages unrepelled by our military fo almst 24hrs?
Lol. Don't mind these folks that think everything is about politics. I believe our Media is actually underreporting Boko-Haram. Yahoo, Aljazeera and some other Western media houses are doing a better job. Are those Media houses too affiliated to APC and Boko-Haram?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
sad those undeniably wretched scum that crawl upon this earth.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Babalegba: LOL, I am sure the news agencies will not follow you to those 'unoccupied'. Boko haram infested areas you mentioned as they know the truth of the matter. The op is a mischievous unpatriotic miscreant trying to assure Nigerians that all is well when the house is on fire.
He is just trying to sell false hope. And unfortunately, Nigerians are suckers for false hope.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by 50calibre(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truckpusher: Nigerians need to understand that Boko Haram has a lot of sympathizers even here in NL.

When they subtly addresses a mere skirmish between soldiers and possibly on the run boko haram members as huge battle that killed our boys in uniform ,they are passing a message on behalf of boko haram knowingly and the aim is to make Nigerians think that boko haram is larger than life and can't be defeated by the Nigerian Army thereby psychologically trying to defeat the people before boko haram takes over physically and this only serves a particular purpose ;which is ,if some bunch of gun and knife wielding fellows shows up even in the South in their numbers people might panic and that'd usher in the chaos they so much wanted .

And I think it is high time the Govt. should begin to fish out these traitors and terrorists in our midst and shoot them in the head.

You're retar*ded!!! So I guess these tanks & APCs are proceeds of the "mere skirmishes" with the boys in uniform right?

If at this stage, you still underestimate boko haram's capacity or the threat it poses then its either you haven't being paying attention or just foolhardy.

Boko haram is taking over in every sense of the word. When an authority is powerless to repel attacks on the state, then it's lost control.

Boko haram conquer towns, conveniently repelling the little resistance they encounter for Nigeria's rag-tag army, residents on sighting them, flee for safety else they're systematically executed. They then proceed to storm barracks and freely cart away arms as every soldier in the barack is either dead or fled.

The Nigerian army or rather the Nigerian militia lacks the efficacy to tackle boko haram head-on, a US state department official said Nigerian soldiers are scared shi*less of Boko haram, they're too scared to fight & why shouldn't they? When they're are going up against a better armed and better motivated outfit.

Cameroonian forces make instant mincemeat of the maggots stu*pid enough to venture into thèir territory, the remaining maggots come running back to Nigeria where they get an easy ride.

Wake up from your fantasy world Mr Truckpusher

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by vodkat: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
oluafolabi: You won't believe it's real until it gets to your doorstep. Boka Haram is real and the truth is they have gotten stronger these past few months. The Nigerian cannot handle them even though it shouldn't have been a big deal but years of corruption and lack of infrastructure has left West Africa's most populous Army in a state of decay.

Media propaganda also makes them bigger than they are. They are a problem true but over hyped as demons. They bleed just like u
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Djicemob: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04:
Lol. Continue chasing shadows and living in paranoia. The whole world is agsinst you. Sahara reporters, bbc, cnn, voa, afp, reuters, nigerian newspapers, nairaland etc. Did you see the front page of the punch this morning? They listed all the towns under the control of boko haram. I'm sure the punch too is a media tool of boko haram.
Stu.pid thread.
How does one takeover a place if i may ask? Are u listening to urself?

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by KolaShangOne(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
The end is not near yet for Boko Haram. We continue to take the usual steps and expect a different result.
The new COAS said Boko will be over after 3months of his assumption of office. I laughed.

What we need to do is to stop politicizing Issues. Arrest anybody sponsoring or giving Boko information whether he's APC or PDP. The slow response of government makes me think it's not serious about this issue.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by joseph1832(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
The goal of every insurgent is to take over or frustrate the government. It is a strategy that works if carefully planned. Fidel Castro and Ernest Che Guevara did that against the Bautista government. If insurgency is not properly checked it may metamorphose into Guerilla warfare.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
vodkat:

Media propaganda also makes them bigger than they are. They are a problem true but over hyped as demons. They bleed just like u
Lol. There is no media propaganda here. It's just you being allergic to reality and the truth. They bleed just like me, I agree. So why has it been very impossible for the NA to quell this opposition?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe: For every attack there's loss of lives and properties.

Both attacks and take overs are NO NO for Nigerians.

The FG should leave media image rejuvenation and sponsored write ups, focus on winning the war against insurgency through any means possible.

We want every Nigerian to be happy irrespective of tribe or religion.

We want every Nigerian to be able to live and do business anywhere without fear of bomb attack.

That's the Nigeria of our dream.

Dear FG, that's our prayer and that's why we voted you in as a solution provider.

LESS TALK MORE ACTION. Thanks!
gbam

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Kelly32: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
where are evidences or facts like Pictures or videos of them in the Police barracks, in the Emirs palace, pictures of them in these deserted places that are being mention they have taken over. Please I would like us to see that the reason they only show you short videos or picture of one Armour humvee on youtube is simple, Propaganda. There is a saying that ''when a person is falling down its only natural for them to look for what to hold on to'' and in this case the only thing they bokoharam are trying to grab wisely is propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oklander: The NA also contributed to this as they had in many cases dished out lies/wrong info to the masses, had they been sincere in these issues earlier, the masses wouldn't have been subscribing to those media tales.

Well, if it's a lie and its just a propaganda, more reason why NA shouldn't really care much about the reports and focus on finishing off those terrorists.
gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abuja-kaduna Rail: We’re Excited Buhari Has Commissioned Our Project- PDP / Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court / Ademola Adeleke Storms Anglican Church, Says "I Will Stop Half Salary"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.