Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Pls Help Review My Start-up - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Help Review My Start-up (1226 Views)

Please Review My Personal Website / Pls Help Review My New Website / Hi. Pls Help Me Review My Start-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by pastormustwac: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
That site looks like a mobile/wapka stuff.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by Lovetinz(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Gallery? I didnt see a single picture!
I was expecting to see lots of pictures and video clips.
The design is dull.
I think you need a redesign.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tnks, for Ur constructive criticism, actually, I hand coded the website from scratch, so it is not a wapka site, @lovetinz, I may change the name pretty soon, and you said it is dull, how?
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by Lovetinz(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
^^ I expect to see more colours, a jazzy logo, and the sort of ambience a photo gallery has.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by pastormustwac: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
I dont like being too critical, but this stuff is not enough to call a startup - i dont see it.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
@pastormustwac, I'm still testing, I've not made the final release thanks for your criticism, I will keep you posted all the way I really appreciate.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Pls @lovetinz and @pastormustwac, what devices did you guys check it with?
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by pastormustwac: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
I used different browsers, on IE8 - i nearly died. I used google chrome - much better, tablet too.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by Lovetinz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Firefox.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'll change the domain to something that sounds more like a forum for discussing events, not just a picture or video gallery. How do you see it?
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'll do a lot of work on it this nite
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
I know I need to work on the design, but how do you guys see the idea behind the website do you think it's worth a try?
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by codemarshal08(m): 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Your Idea is cool but u need to work more on Your Design
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
codemarshal08: Your Idea is cool but u need to work more on Your Design
Pls what and what do I need to add or redesign and what device did you view the website with? thanks
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by codemarshal08(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
uchdollar111:
Pls what and what do I need to add or redesign and what device did you view the website with? thanks
below are what you should work on
*Your Page Composition
*Choice of color, Fonts, alignment, Etc...
Well, i accessed it with Firefox on my Pc.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
codemarshal08:
below are what you should work on
*Your Page Composition
*Choice of color, Fonts, alignment, Etc...
Well, i accessed it with Firefox on my Pc.
Thanks, I will retouch these things you outlined
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
More reviews still needed. Do you think the idea is worth the risks ahead.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by adewasco2k(m): 5:53am On Sep 08, 2014
uchdollar111: More reviews still needed. Do you think the idea is worth the risks ahead.

I dont think you should be looking for more reviews again the comments above is just what you will be getting in different words.

yes its a forum but i must not look like nairaland.

The concept is cool for sure but what i expected wasnt the conventional forum-like site.

Its should be flashy, home page should not be just link-texts, i expect pictures and videos
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2014
adewasco2k:
I dont think you should be looking for more reviews again the comments above is just want you will be getting in different words.
yes it s forum but i must not look like nairaland.
The concept is cool for sure but what i expected wasnt the conventional forum-like site.
Its shold be flashy, home page should be just link-texts, i expect pictures and videos
Thanks I appreciate your honest words, but do you think changing the name (removing gallery from the name and keeping the design as it is) will be better or changing the design to accommodate more of images and videos (using the same name), pls do reply.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by adewasco2k(m): 8:22am On Sep 08, 2014
uchdollar111:
Thanks I appreciate your honest words, but do you think changing the name (removing gallery from the name and keeping the design as it is) will be better or changing the design to accommodate more of images and videos (using the same name), pls do reply.

only a trial will judge but to me if you leave it the way it is, trust me people will look at it as a normal forum which we have thousands of unsuccessful once already, so i think you should leave the name and redesign the site to accommodate the earlier idea you started

look here http://thegalleryeventspace.com/ though its not exactly what you want to do but try to search online for similar site and see the design layout

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 8:34am On Sep 08, 2014
adewasco2k:
only a trial will judge but to me if you leave it the way it is, trust me people will look at it as a normal forum which we have thousands of unsuccessful once already, so i think you should leave the name and redesign the site to accommodate the earlier idea you started
look here http://thegalleryeventspace.com/ though its not exactly what you want to do but try to search online for similar site and see the design layout
Thanks man, but I intended it to be a forum where people can share reports, images and video clips of their events, but I could'nt get a good free domain name for the website, so after searching for names for a long time, I made the mistake of choosing myeventsgallery but right now, I'm confused I don't know whether to go with the gallery and make it more of a gallery than a forum, or to look for another name, and still retain the forum-like design. Which do you think is better, that people will really love to use I know you've giving me enough insights, but just this once.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by adewasco2k(m): 8:52am On Sep 08, 2014
uchdollar111:
Thanks man, but I intended it to be a forum where people can share reports, images and video clips of their events, but I could'nt get a good free domain name for the website, so after searching for names for a long time, I made the mistake of choosing myeventsgallery but right now, I'm confused I don't know whether to go with the gallery and make it more of a gallery than a forum, or to look for another name, and still retain the forum-like design. Which do you think is better, that people will really love to use I know you've giving me enough insights, but just this once.

as much as it is inappropriate to have a keyword in your domain name which is not really represented on your site, it really doesnt determine the success of the site to some extent.

like its kinda inappropriate for nairaland to be londonland.com if it was meant for Nigerians but do you think nairaland success can be linked to the domain name nairaland.com?

Its ok to have a cool domain name which represents or define your site, even though it might not determine the overall success of your forum.

so if you have gallery in your domain name and your site has nothing to do which gallery then its just okay to change the domain name, domains are cheap wink
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by uchdollar111: 9:05am On Sep 08, 2014
adewasco2k:
as much as it is inappropriate to have a keyword in your domain name which is not really represented on your site, it really doesnt determine the success of the site to some extent.
like its kinda inappropriate for nairaland to be londonland.com if it was meant for Nigerians but do you think nairaland success can be linked to the domain name nairaland.com?
Its ok to have a cool domain name which represents or define your site, even though it might not determine the overall success of your forum.
so if you have gallery in your domain name and your site has nothing to do which gallery then its just okay to change the domain name, domains are cheap wink
The problem is, people percieve it to be just a gallery for sharing pictures and videos, ignoring the other aspects of the website.
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by Sundayademola(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2014
And you said Start-up right?? smiley grin
Re: Pls Help Review My Start-up by pastormustwac: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2014
Sundayademola: And you said Start-up right?? smiley grin
No, he didn't rreally.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With An Array Problem / I Want To Become The Next Bill Gate / Please, I Need Java Learning Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.