Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

The Cry Of A Nigerian Child - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cry Of A Nigerian Child (1099 Views)

The Future Of The Nigerian Child: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2014
First of all, lemme pay homage to the elders of the land!
S/O to all em NL writers and dem Oga Boss at the Top!

This is a short fictitious story;names,places and description(s) are purely fictitious and bear no semblance to any living being.

Apart from any fair dealings for purposes of private study,research,criticism or review, no portion of this write up may be reproduced by any process without prior permission of the rightful owner.

-----------------------------------
This is м̲y story !
My name is Nnena.....a faceless girl with no womanly pride, heart, life or any wonderful life experience whatsoever anymore.

My misery started on the day i was born ; the 5th day of the third month of the year 2000.

My birth elicited mixed emotions from мy family members as my mum died giving birth to me after years of my father looking up to God for a child.
My father was very faithful to his wife,loved her so much and was determined not to remarry.

At first,I was thought of as badluck and was maltreated a bit ; this erroneous thought was altered as I grew because I was an industrious and hardworking young girl.

Мy father showered me with lots of love and care till he died when I was ten years old. I was left at the mercy of my aunt who came all the way from the city to take me as her child.
She promised to take good care of me and be the motherly figure I never had. I was overjoyed and elated !
Little did мy small mind know...I excitedly packed all my belongings and said my byes to my friends who all envied me ; leaving them for a better future.

We got to the city and I was given a week to rest and get over the trauma of my father's death ; мy aunt & her husband doing their best to placate me during these times.
The week was over and мy aunt intimated me of her decision to send me to a close friend of hers so I could work as a maid.

I gingerly accepted the offer as I was told the woman I would be working for was a nice woman who would shower мe with lots of things if I did as she pleased.
I moved to the house on the outskirts of town and was pleased when I got there. The woman and her husband were staunch christians and would be referred to here as Mistress A and Master A.

Mistress A was very kind and sympathized with me on the death of мy parents. I started work soonest and there actually wasn't much to do as they were a tidy couple.
The peaceful situation was soon over as Master A started pestering for sex telling м̲ε Madam had lost it, she was bloated and was amoebic...
He threatened to tell Madam I had seduced him if I didn't allow him have his way..I was scared !
I didn't think I had a choice..He raped мe there and then and twas not a pleasant experience I must confess.
I cried and cried...it haunted me deep inside ; I thought about it in the darkest hours of the night..Why was all this happening to me ?! Why!!!!

But then,it so happened that Madam walked in on us as Master wanted to have his way the second time..I was gratefully relieved ; little did I know....
Madam accused м̲ε of wanting to destroy her marriage and killing her husband like I killed мy parents..
I was tortured and my womanly being degraded..Sometimes I was starved and flogged, other times, I was deprived of having a bath and freedom as I was locked up in a dingy room by Madam.

I could take it no more..I ran away to мy aunt and narrated мy heart rendering story..This time she promised to put me at work in a shop.

I worked for Mrs B during the day in her supermart and was happy...thinking all my troubles had gradually come to an end

YΈS! YΈS!! it had finally come to an end.....Until Mrs B introduced me to her underground business - Prostitution !

Mrs B forced me into her business of human trafficking and prostitution..We were forced to sleep with men & sell our babies to people who had an arrangement with Mrs B.
The sad aspect of it was that,after all this...we hardly got any money.

I was lucky to come across a young man who helped м̲ε escape from the shackles of Mrs B. He was a potiential customer whom I told мy plight ; he took pity on me and helped me escape under the guise of home service.

I ran away and couldn't go back to my aunt for fear of further torture and pain.. I am now homeless and in need of life ; I αм living but yet dead...
I need help to make me whole again, good spirited Samaritans who can guarantee me good education. I cry unto thee...Please Help! Help!! Help!!!

Please listen ! Because this is THE CRY OF A NIGERIAN CHILD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
So, what do you think ?
Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by Fembleez1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
I think it z very nice a job,.......it kept me reading and the simple languages make for easy understanding,.......

Though am also an amateur but I have 2 things I do like to bring to ur notice

First,there is a line above,.....u used *this times*,..........shouldn't it be *these times* due to *times* above,.......*this* is singular

Second,a line u used,..*sell of*our babies,.....I guess it z typo error,.....*sell off*,.......I think 'sell' our babies('out'- not compulsory) is enough cause 'sell' itself describe the situation,............for instance,I can't say 'I am *seeking for' admission' or 'I am 'seeking for' for your support since 'seek' or 'seeking' on its own is capable of the request without the 'for',.........the right and modern way of saying those two above is 'I am seeking admission' and 'I am seeking your support',.......so I hope u understand why I object the use of 'sell off',...I am not saying it z wrong but old.

It z just what I think,I am subjected to further corrections wink

Once again,....keep writing bro,the lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Fembleez1: I think it z very nice a job,.......it kept me reading and the simple languages make for easy understanding,.......

Though am also an amateur but I have 2 things I do like to bring to ur notice

First,there is a line above,.....u used *this times*,..........shouldn't it be *these times* due to *times* above,.......*this* is singular

Second,a line u used,..*sell of*our babies,.....I guess it z typo error,.....*sell off*,.......I think 'sell' our babies('out'- not compulsory) is enough cause 'sell' itself describe the situation,............for instance,I can't say 'I am *seeking for' admission' or 'I am 'seeking for' for your support since 'seek' or 'seeking' on its own is capable of the request without the 'for',.........the right and modern way of saying those two above is 'I am seeking admission' and 'I am seeking your support',.......so I hope u understand why I object the use of 'sell off',...I am not saying it z wrong but old.

It z just what I think,I am subjected to further corrections wink

Once again,....keep writing bro,the lord is your strength

Thanks a ton sir!

You are totally right as regards both errors

The 1st being an error on my part...

The 2nd, i thought 'sell off' was okay but it passes for tautology ( the same manner as reverse back )

Thanks for your correction and the post has been modified..#Grateful !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by Fembleez1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
StealthyMe:

Thanks a ton sir!

You are totally right as regards both errors

The 1st being an error on my part...

The 2nd, i thought 'sell off' was okay but it passes for tautology ( the same manner as reverse back )

Thanks for your correction and the post has been modified..#Grateful !

Welcome bro,........am a young boy,.......'Sir' ain't acceptable cause I am your boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Fembleez1:

Welcome bro,........am a young boy,.......'Sir' ain't acceptable cause I am your boy cheesy

Everybody capable of advising rightly na sir oo wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by Fembleez1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
StealthyMe:

Everybody capable of advising rightly na sir oo wink cheesy
cool grin

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Open to reviews... undecided
Re: The Cry Of A Nigerian Child by StealthyMe(m): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
sad undecided

(1) (Reply)

♬♪voice From Destiny By ♪♪jammy Da Poet'♬♩ / Bullets And Blood... / Baby, You Turn Me On - Erotica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.