Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram (3208 Views)

Arms Scandal: 10 Generals, One Colonel Face Military Panel / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2014

KADUNA, Nigeria (AP) — Ten generals and five other senior military officers were found guilty in courts-martial of providing arms and information to Boko Haram extremists, a leading Nigerian newspaper reported Tuesday.

The news follows months of allegations from politicians and soldiers who have told The Associated Press that some senior officers were helping the Islamic extremists and that some rank-and-file soldiers even fight alongside the insurgents and then return to army camps. They have said that information provided by army officers has helped insurgents in ambushing military convoys and in attacks on army barracks and outposts in their northeastern stronghold.

Leadership newspaper quoted one officer saying that four other officers, in addition to the 15, were found guilty of "being disloyal and for working for the members of the sect."

Read the rest of the story here

These treasonable attrocities were taking place during Ihejirika's tenure but not a single general was accused let alone convicted. Thankfully the current Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Minimah led investigations and conviction of the generals.

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shamed them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by 2cato: 9:02am On Sep 08, 2014
Nigerian army ar in for a long thing. Methink most of the convicted soldiers are of A.bo.ki extraction.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by RareDiamond: 9:07am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

These treasonable attrocities were taking place during Ihejirika's tenure but not a single general was accused let alone convicted. Thankfully the current Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Minimah led investigations and conviction of the generals.

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shame them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.

YOUR SUSPICION IS WRONG BECAUSE NO CHRISTAIN TALKLESS OF AN IGBO CHRISTAIN WOULD SUPPORT BOKO HARAM. BUT SINCE YOU ARE A BIGOTED M0RON WITH LITTLE INTELLIGENCE YOU ARE BOUND TO BRING CHRISTAIN SOUTHERN TRIBES INTO THIS ISLAMIC BOKO HARAM MATTER WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT THE SOUTHERN ETHNIC GROUPS HAVE LOST HUNDREDS OF LIVES AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO BOKO HARAM CONFLICT.

17 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2014
RareDiamond:

YOUR SUSPICION IS WRONG BECAUSE NO CHRISTAIN TALKLESS OF AN IGBO CHRISTAIN WOULD SUPPORT BOKO HARAM. BUT SINCE YOU ARE A BIGOTED M0RON WITH LITTLE INTELLIGENCE YOU ARE BOUND TO BRING CHRISTAIN SOUTHERN TRIBES INTO THIS ISLAMIC BOKO HARAM MATTER WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT THE SOUTHERN ETHNIC GROUPS HAVE LOST HUNDREDS OF LIVES AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO BOKO HARAM CONFLICT.

Please do not derail the thread. I did not mention Christians or Southern tribes anywhere in my post. Lets not turn this into a tribal/religion bashing thread.

The Army has done a good thing, lets celebrate that.

14 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2014
[quote
author=2cato]Nigerian army ar in for a long thing. Methink most of the
convicted soldiers are of A.bo.ki extraction. [/quote]lol u Think wrong oooo
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by shizzleStar: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shame them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.
your suspicion is in line with the warped and mo.ronic way of thinking your kinds are known for, so no surprises. Oponu.

11 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Truth24(m): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2014
Shea if I say I just wan book space incase e make front page una go vex

1 Like

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2014
Abi na 10 Islamic generals or 10 Christanic generals?

angry angry

TMan.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by koboko66: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2014
I thought soomeone cant be sponsoring terrorism at the same time fighting it. These are Generals that were actively involved in the war against BH selling arms to them at the same time. Thats is what Ihejirika's kinsmen and supporters want us to believebelieve.
Are these Generals not Nigerian Army Generals that are supposedly waging war against BH?

The Argument by DSS/PDP spokes person...Orgar, that Ihejirika could not have been sponsoring terrorism because he was waging serious war against BH is NULL & VOID

Thorough investigations should be carried out

6 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by PointB: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shame them[b]? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe[/b] and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.

And the other 8-7 are from which tribe, Mr Tribal Warlord?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by UnknownT: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2014
General Minima promised to crush BH by April. Why is Minima not being held responsible for all the wrongs going on in the Army fight against BH? In his reign, we 1st heard of Army crossing over to Cameroon "tactically", Army running away with civilians when BH strike in a town? But nobody both d opposition, northern elders and governors have ever blamed Gen. Minima! During the reign iof Ihejirika, we all know that the Army dealt with BH effectively more than Gen. Minimah's army are doing now, but what did he get? He was accused of Genocide and now Sponsoring BH. What is good for Gen. Ihejirika is also good for Gen. Minimah

4 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by RockMaxi: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2014
RareDiamond:

Rarewhatever stay on the topic discussed and don't rush into hasty generalization. The military have been infiltrated with moles unless they are been flushed out it will always come to this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2014
RockMaxi:

Rarewhatever stay on the topic discussed and don't rush into hasty generalization. The military have been infiltrated with moles.
Moles of Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and above all Islamic origin.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
When we say Nigeria is not "one", they call us names!

Imagine during the Biafran war:
Nigerian soldiers give information to Biafran side.
They also give arms and then cross over to the Biafran side to fide against Nigeria.

Imagine the civilian population of the Nigerian side, seeing soldiers in Nigerian uniform, suddenly turn to slaughter them!
How far would had Nigeria gone with war?

I pity those who still still believe that our free society can integrate with the Mohammedian Emirates!

this is my opinion:

Allow us to have our nation, allow the Mohammedian Emirates to have theirs.
Our mentality are not the same and they cant mix!

Enough of this blood letting.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 9:51am On Sep 08, 2014
PointB:

And the other 8-7 are from which tribe, Mr Tribal Warlord?

I wonder o, my brother. Our Commander-In-Chief should order the naming of these moles and thieves. I, however, will not hold my breadth since we've been waiting for him to name the BH sponsors in his government, as he promised, for over 3 years now.

1 Like

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2014
Op and his cohorts should stop spewing trash on this BH issue.

Come 2015, all these stupid comments like" I suspect, I think" will stop when the real truth about BH wll be exposed. sad

Confused conpiracy theorists.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Ngwakwe: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

Are you just returning from overseas trip or what?

You mean this is the first time of hearing that these men have been on trial for so long to establish their guilt beyond every reasonable doubt.

Your news is worthy of celebrations but your intention is undeserving, deceptive and mischievous.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 10:00am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shamed them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.

Village boy

Just like civilian courts, military court takes time to examine evidence before judgement is passed.

Waste of free education

10 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Collynzo16: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean this is the first time of hearing that these men have been on trial for so long to establish their guilt beyond every reasonable doubt.

Your news is worthy of celebrations but your intention is undeserving, deceptive and mischievous.
It is no ''news'', it is an old article.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean this is the first time of hearing that these men are on trial for so long to establish their guilt beyond every reasonable doubt.

You are entitled to your opinion .

We heard about the investigation of the generals but not their conviction, at least I did not read about which generals were convicted or their names.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by vicenteze: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

Minimah is doing so because he is not an Igboman but had it mean Ihejirika did so it could have taken another dimension and the whole story will change from what it is now to Ihejirika(a tribalistic) and I know what happened when he placed some retired generals under watch for sympathising with bokoharam and the next thing they did is to whip up ethnic sentiments and as for me Ihejirika is a true general.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by PointB: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

I wonder o, my brother. Our Commander-In-Chief should order the naming of these moles and thieves. I, however, will not hold my breadth since we've been waiting for him to name the BH sponsors in his government, as he promised, for over 3 years now.

I'm no brother to a tribal bigot and Igbo hater like you, please desist from calling me such. I know deep down in your heart you wish that Igbos will be found culpable in the misfortune that have befallen Borno. But if you do a critical self assessment, you'll be shocked to see that hatred for Igbos/Christians/Infidels that have for so long occupied the mind of folks like you is what is manifesting itself in form of destruction of your cities. What started as effort to rid yourself of Igbo/Christians has been escalated to include moderate muslims, and christian sympathizers.

You can chose to continue in your wicked, evil and devilish imagination, and see it soon enough metamorphose into bombs, and bullets and destruction of your abode, or you can choose to see Igbos/Christians in your communities as fellow Nigerians who are simply trying to make ends meet the way they know best!

Whichever way you choose, one thing should be clear Igbos, as and ethnic group, remain for now a solid pillar in the Nigeria tripod, and we shall continue to assert ourselves as such.

16 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 08, 2014
Let me read the full report
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Ngwakwe: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

You are entitled to your opinion albeit, senseless.

We heard about the investigation of the generals but not their conviction, at least I did not read about which generals were convicted or their names.

Finally you need to respect yourself by not calling people deceptive because their opinions do not align with yours.

You opinion is deceptive for the very purpose that the trial was initiated during Ihejirika's command of the Army (one arm of Nigeria military under his command)

The Defence Headquarters under Ola
Ibrahim, the Chief of Defence Staff (Ihejirika's Boss) has the control of Disciplinary tribunal and not Ihejirika hence your assertion is diversionary and a play on our collective Intelligence.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 10:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by focus7: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2014
I don't know why, but something tells me Ihejirika has much he's hiding from us about boko haram.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Donmarrius: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2014
koboko66: I thought soomeone cant be sponsoring terrorism at the same time fighting it. This are Generals thay were actively involved in the war against BH selling arms to them at the same time. Thats is what Ihejirika's kinsmen and supporters want us to believebelieve.
Are these Generals not Nigerian Army Generals that are supposedly waging war against BH?

The Argument by DSS/PDP spokes person...Orgar, that Ihejirika could not have been sponsoring terrorism because he was waging serious war against BH is NULL & VOID

Thorough investigations should be carried out
You are of most men mesirable!.
If Ihejirika does sponsor boko haram,why was he not C-martialed along side these Generals?.you av' a very low I.Q

11 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Ngwakwe: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

You are a fool for attempting to derail this thread.

This is not about your brother Ihejirika. You people should be demanding that this government reveals the names of the convicted generals who have perpetrated this treasonous acts, but instead you'd rather focus on the now billionaire ex COAS. Shame on you.

Below was my initial comment and I wish to apologize for the follow up comment as my regards for your maturity and intelligence have never depreciated

Your news is worthy of celebrations [s] but your intention is undeserving, deceptive and mischievous [/s]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by PointB: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

You are a fool for attempting to derail this thread.

This is not about your brother Ihejirika. You people should be demanding that this government reveals the names of the convicted generals who have perpetrated this treasonous acts, but instead you'd rather focus on the now billionaire ex COAS. Shame on you.

As for you PointB, take a chill pill. Its OK to vent, but don't overdo it.

I think the foolish one is you.

Why didn't you wait for the investigation to be concluded before insinuating that 2-3 of the men are from this or that tribe? If you weren't bigoted, of what importance is the tribe in comparison to the crime? If you weren't foolish, wouldn't you have noticed that 2-3 three from one tribe is a fair representation of the geographic trend of the criminality if another 2-3 tribes complete the remaining 10.

In your haste to brandish your card as a well known Igbo hater, you fail to see the follies of your case. Now if indeed, Igbos are part of the soldiers found culpable of supplying weapons to Boko Haram, no one need to tell you they are not working for Ndi Igbo, and should be held accountable for their crimes. But it is very bigoted for you to insinuate such even without any evidence.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Lusola15: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2014
Anything to put an end to BH is welcomed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So I Met Jimi Agbaje Last Night At Eko Hotel And Suites And So? / Buhari Should Never Shake A Woman(haram) President Or Not, He Can Do This (pics) / $30 Billion Left And They Borrowed To Pay Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.