Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram (3216 Views)

Arms Scandal: 10 Generals, One Colonel Face Military Panel / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Below was my initial comment and I wish to apologize for the follow up comment as my regards for your maturity and intelligence have never depreciated

Your news is worthy of celebrations [s] but your intention is undeserving, deceptive and mischievous [/s]

We all get carried away atimes. I also apologize for overreacting. I will edit all negative comments I've made in my responses to you on this thread.

Your maturity is most appreciated.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2014
PointB:

Why didn't you wait for the investigation to be concluded before insinuating that 2-3 of the men are from this or that tribe?

The generals are NOT being investigated. They have been convicted!! What other investigation do you want to be concluded? The names of the generals should be revealed now!!
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2014
sad
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by PointB: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

The generals are NOT being investigated. They have been convicted!! What other investigation do you want to be concluded? The names of the generals should be revealed now!!

And of what benefit will their names be in the larger scheme of thing? Or is just to satisfy your bigoted theory?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

I don't see that happening now or in the nearest future. Their names will never ever be mentioned.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by meforyou1(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

These treasonable attrocities were taking place during Ihejirika's tenure but not a single general was accused let alone convicted. Thankfully the current Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Minimah led investigations and conviction of the generals.

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shamed them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.
you can go ahead and suspect all you want to suspect, boko sympathizer

6 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by vicenteze: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2014
PointB:

I'm no brother to a tribal bigot and Igbo hater like you, please desist from calling me such. I know deep down in your heart you wish that Igbos will be found culpable in the misfortune that have befallen Borno. But if you do a critical self assessment, you'll be shocked to see that hatred for Igbos/Christians/Infidels that have for so long occupied the mind of folks like you is what is manifesting itself in form of destruction of your cities. What started as effort to rid yourself of Igbo/Christians has been escalated to include moderate muslims, and christian sympathizers.

You can chose to continue in your wicked, evil and devilish imagination, and see it soon enough metamorphose into bombs, and bullets and destruction of your abode, or you can choose to see Igbos/Christians in your communities as fellow Nigerians who are simply trying to make ends meet the way they know best!

Whichever way you choose, one thing should be clear, Igbos as ethnic group, remain for now a solid pillar in the Nigeria tripod, and we shall continue to assert ourselves as such.
thank you for being a realist and we know people like nduchuks whom was fathered by hausafulani

4 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by majalisa(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2014
RareDiamond:

YOUR SUSPICION IS WRONG BECAUSE NO CHRISTAIN TALKLESS OF AN IGBO CHRISTAIN WOULD SUPPORT BOKO HARAM. BUT SINCE YOU ARE A BIGOTED M0RON WITH LITTLE INTELLIGENCE YOU ARE BOUND TO BRING CHRISTAIN SOUTHERN TRIBES INTO THIS ISLAMIC BOKO HARAM MATTER WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT THE SOUTHERN ETHNIC GROUPS HAVE LOST HUNDREDS OF LIVES AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO BOKO HARAM CONFLICT.
i hOPE u do Know DAt everybody Has a price Tag..some folks have slit their own progeny because of money n Power
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by deeobserver209(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2014
PointB:

I'm no brother to a tribal bigot and Igbo hater like you, please desist from calling me such. I know deep down in your heart you wish that Igbos will be found culpable in the misfortune that have befallen Borno. But if you do a critical self assessment, you'll be shocked to see that hatred for Igbos/Christians/Infidels that have for so long occupied the mind of folks like you is what is manifesting itself in form of destruction of your cities. What started as effort to rid yourself of Igbo/Christians has been escalated to include moderate muslims, and christian sympathizers.

You can chose to continue in your wicked, evil and devilish imagination, and see it soon enough metamorphose into bombs, and bullets and destruction of your abode, or you can choose to see Igbos/Christians in your communities as fellow Nigerians who are simply trying to make ends meet the way they know best!

Whichever way you choose, one thing should be clear, Igbos as ethnic group, remain for now a solid pillar in the Nigeria tripod, and we shall continue to assert ourselves as such.
Their aim is to cause distraction from ongoing investigations by the SSS. That's all. There's no doubt true sponsors of Boko Haram are about to be exposed. Hence the desperation by Boko Haram apologists to cause confusion by linking Ihejirika and the Igbos to Boko Haram.
The truth is revealed itself soon.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Energito: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

These treasonable attrocities were taking place during Ihejirika's tenure but not a single general was accused let alone convicted. Thankfully the current Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Minimah led investigations and conviction of the generals.

The question now is, why have they not publicized the names of these convicted Generals and shamed them? I suspect that 2 or 3 of the generals may come from the usual tribe and the Army is afraid of reprisals such as the 1960s pogroms.
how many general does those usual tribe have in Nigeria Army?because the last time i check north control Nigeria Army which G.IBB and G.MB is part of.
#Anioma Gov2015.

1 Like

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by koboko66: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2014
Donmarrius: You are of most men mesirable!.
If Ihejirika does sponsor boko haram,why was he not C-martialed along side these Generals?.you av' a very low I.Q

Foolish fool. Who is ready to prosecute him? DSS that exonerated him without an investigation or Toothless ICPC? Special Dunce
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by ooffiong11: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2014
The best way to fight the insurgents is to cut off their root. This is a very welcome development. God help Nigeria
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by ooffiong11: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2014
GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by thwarrior72: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by lilprinze: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2014
booked
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

Please do not derail the thread. I did not mention Christians or Southern tribes anywhere in my post. Lets not turn this into a tribal/religion bashing thread.

The Army has done a good thing, lets celebrate that.
No, you sir is the bigot here, how did you come about the 3 generals coming from the 'region' your post wreaks of hatred and tribal bigotry, yet you re here talking about not derailing the thread.
That said, the defence headquarters is headed by the CDS and not the COAS, therefore the onus lies on the CDS to prosecute, convict and even name these generals. There is a very serious and desperate attempt by your folks to rope a particular tribe into the sponsorship of boko haram, yet it is this same tribe that has suffered heavy casualties as a result of attacks by BH. Now everybody has started crying because the same snake is now biting everyone, the hydra headed monster that the northerners created have come down to hunt them, you started sharia and used it as an avenue to maim, loot and kill Igbos, nobody raised an eyebrow, the hunter has become the hunted and you guys are crying. Tell us another story

3 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
biko sympathizers
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by AustineE1: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
There is a trend i see in Nigeria that is quite disturbing and dangerous,there has been a concerted effort by some disgruntled politicians and a section of this country to rope people from a particular region and also other minorites tribes whom may have given their support to this regime....how else can one explain the fact that the late National security advicer Rtd Gen. Aziza was almost always blamed for the failure of Nigeria military to conquer Boko haram terrorists,now forwarded to present day,we now have a certain Rtd Gen.Gusau(from the north) as the NSA and not even a single finger has ever been pointed at him,despite the loses some times incurred by our military!
Since the end of the civil war,it is believed that a secret pact was signed by the ruling military elites,that never again shall an Igbo man be the chief of Army staff,but along came one GEJ who deemed it fit to give the top military Job to the most qualified(in the real sense of the word)military guy and hence,the old order was ruffled and hell was let loose.
'conscience is an open wound,only truth can heal it'-Othman Dan fodio!
'you can fool some of the people,all the time but not all the people,all the time'-Anonymous!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by atlwireles: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Military Says No Nigerian Army General Is Under Court Martial
BY CHANNELS TELEVISION

Chris OlukoladeThe Defence Headquarters in Nigeria says there is no truth in the media reports that a Nigerian Army court martial has tried and found 15 senior officers including 10 Generals guilty for aiding terrorists, insisting that For emphasis, no General of the Nigerian Army is under any form of trial.

In a statement spokesman for the military, Major General Chris Olukolade, said that the story as published in some dailies and zealously propagated by many online media was very unfortunate and meant to do maximum damage to the image of Nigerian Army and its personnel.

“This falsehood had previously been refuted when it first reared its head but those concocting it appear hell bent on misleading Nigerians and the international community to give credence to the negative impression they are so keen to propagate about the Nigerian military.

“It has become inevitable to reassure the general public that any ongoing disciplinary process or trial will be made public when necessary. After all, Court Martial issues in the Nigerian Army are not known to be secret undertakings as it is on record that previous proceedings and outcome have been made public in the past,” the statement read.

Major General Olukolade cautioned persons who have decided to “make a past time out of sensationalising and fabricating sensitive security issues to desist from the practice” especially in a period were Nigeria is facing security challenges.

He stressed that “the Nigerian Army remains a serious professional and responsible institution that cannot be associated with such incredulous report”.

The military spokesman called on Nigerians to discountenance the report as the handiwork of those who do not mean well for the country and the Armed Forces.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/06/03/military-says-no-nigerian-army-general-is-under-court-martial
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by atlwireles: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

You have to stop lying

.http://www.channelstv.com/2014/06/03/military-says-no-nigerian-army-general-is-under-court-martial

Military Says No Nigerian Army General Is Under Court Martial
BY CHANNELS TELEVISION
Chris OlukoladeThe Defence Headquarters in Nigeria says there is no truth in the media reports that a Nigerian Army court martial has tried and found 15 senior officers including 10 Generals guilty for aiding terrorists, insisting that For emphasis, no General of the Nigerian Army is under any form of trial.

In a statement spokesman for the military, Major General Chris Olukolade, said that the story as published in some dailies and zealously propagated by many online media was very unfortunate and meant to do maximum damage to the image of Nigerian Army and its personnel.

“This falsehood had previously been refuted when it first reared its head but those concocting it appear hell bent on misleading Nigerians and the international community to give credence to the negative impression they are so keen to propagate about the Nigerian military.

“It has become inevitable to reassure the general public that any ongoing disciplinary process or trial will be made public when necessary. After all, Court Martial issues in the Nigerian Army are not known to be secret undertakings as it is on record that previous proceedings and outcome have been made public in the past,” the statement read.

Major General Olukolade cautioned persons who have decided to “make a past time out of sensationalising and fabricating sensitive security issues to desist from the practice” especially in a period were Nigeria is facing security challenges.

He stressed that “the Nigerian Army remains a serious professional and responsible institution that cannot be associated with such incredulous report”.

The military spokesman called on Nigerians to discountenance the report as the handiwork of those who do not mean well for the country and the Armed Forces.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by nduchucks: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nothing unusual about these coverups.

I will trust a report by AP or the huffingtonpost before I do many of our local reports. Major General Chris Olukolade should please tell Nigerians the names of the 10 generals who were being investigated.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by OneDemola: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=shizzleStar]
your suspicion is in line with the warped and mo.ronic way of thinking your kinds are known for, so no surprises. Oponu.[j/quote]

What is this one saying? #offpoint
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
RareDiamond:

YOUR SUSPICION IS WRONG BECAUSE NO CHRISTAIN TALKLESS OF AN IGBO CHRISTAIN WOULD SUPPORT BOKO HARAM. BUT SINCE YOU ARE A BIGOTED M0RON WITH LITTLE INTELLIGENCE YOU ARE BOUND TO BRING CHRISTAIN SOUTHERN TRIBES INTO THIS ISLAMIC BOKO HARAM MATTER WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT THE SOUTHERN ETHNIC GROUPS HAVE LOST HUNDREDS OF LIVES AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO BOKO HARAM CONFLICT.
In Ichie Nwosu's voice, "mechie onu gi there yourself, you this mu.gu."
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by shizzleStar: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
who is that iddiott mod that hid my harmless comment on page 1? angry
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
nduchucks:

Dude you post a rumour that was published as news which the army itself denied. Did you take a look at all at the date of the article you posted?

1 Like

Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by MayorofLagos(m): 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
TrollMan: Abi na 10 Islamic generals or 10 Christanic generals?

angry angry

TMan.

It has long been suspected that some of the assaults on churches and ibo shops were actually carried out by Ibos disguised to look like bokoharam.

There was also a direct point made connecting the killing of the Ibadan traders to Ibos dressed in disguise to shift the blame on bokoharam and thus score sympathy and support of Yorubas as a Southern ally against the North.

OP, just say it like it is.....a handful of the court martialled generals will be Ibo, period! Ihejirika must be investigated. There was a controversy sorrounding the timing of his lopsided promotions that generated an uproar and the security breach in Jaji that resulted in the termination of the commanding officer there.

Add this to his mantra on how bokoharam will hit Lagos with a concealed explosive in a fuel delivery tanker.

There is too much stench coming from SE to be ignored and waved aside as just ordinary.......this is beyond just a fart, there is dead body here and we need to dig it out.
Re: 10 Generals Guilty Of Arming Boko Haram by jamace(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Where are the names of the convicted generals? If no names, then it did not happen. You people should stop this "ghost" journalism. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyim, Otti, Call For Cancellation Of Polls In Abia State / Ten Reasons You MUST Invest In Anambra State. / [VIDEO] REC Mike Igini Speaks On Supreme Court Judgement On Card Reader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.