Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs (913 Views)

Former Ig Okiro Ordered To Pay N50 Million Over Shady Land Deals / Court Orders Efcc To Pay N50.8m To Senator / Court Orders Efcc To Pay N50.8m To Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by solaugo1: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
A recent report indicates that over 10,000 unemployed youths may have been made by a government agency to pay N50,000 for jobs yet-to-be offered them.

According to the report by Daily Independent, “government agencies have continued to exploit the alarming unemployment situation in the country to defraud hapless Nigerian job seekers.”

Inquiry revealed that the applicants for the FERCSARA, a task force created under SURE-P/FERMA programme, have paid over N50,000 each to secure unavailable jobs, which they are yet to be formally offered since November 2013.

The recruiters have been collecting money from applicants for uniforms, enrolment forms, medicals and data capturing among others, but none has been supplied. The recruiters might have raked in over N1 billion from 10,000 applicants.

It was gathered that applicants are more than 25,000, some of whom got weary after coming for several months. This is as new applicants are recorded almost on daily basis till date.

It was learnt that each applicant was made to pay N32,500 for uniforms that were not supplied, while they collected enrolment letter for N2,200 each. Although the letters were said to have been cancelled by one of the top officers, no refund has been made.

Also, applicants allegedly paid N2,000 each for SURE-P form, although some paid as much as N10,000 out of desperation to get the form, which was being hoarded. There was also another payment of N1,500 each for data capturing, which was reporetedly done three times with additional fees.

The applicants also were made to pay N2,000 each for T-shirts and N1,500 for fez cap. Each applicant also paid N500 for medical fitness and N100 for traffic form.

It was gathered that since November last year, the applicants have been coming to the office in Ojota, Lagos, none of them has been given any stipend, even when they were used for some political rallies in the guise of creating awareness for the organisation.

The applicants, if offered employment, were said would take over control of all federal roads in Lagos from the Lagos state Traffic Management Agency (LASTMA).

Indeed, they have already clashed with the agency officials at Toll Gate around Shagisha on several occasions.

Several applicants, said they have not received a kobo as transport allowance since the November recruitment exercise, when they started paying various fees and coming to the office regularly from different parts of the state.

“I am tired of paying. In fact, I have spent the little savings I made from menial jobs I have been doing since graduating from the university four years ago.

“After the stadium rally, I as well as others, realised we are just being used for political strategy ahead 2015 elections.”

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/unemployed-young-nigerians-pay-n50000-each-for-non-existence-sure-p-jobs/
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is no NEWS. I had to discourage a friend from making endless payment after being ripped of over 45k.
#SurePFraud
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by bigtt76(f): 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
na hin dem been de complain about 1K for Immigration recruitment? undecided Naija sef
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by size38: 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
GEJ and his PDP using SURE-P to dupe jobless Nigerians? Na wetin fit Nigerian Youths. Good for them. Until they know how to vote in Reasonable govt into power, their lives will remain miserable

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by mistudreh(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Why Jonah dey us dis way sef... Its unfair, this government is a SCAM... Jan 2012, new year message was about SUBSIDY REMOVAL dat even lead to the killing of few nigerians. Some parts of the county have been neglected so much all because they belong to the opposition. We need to rise and say no to this. Enough of this transformation scam... 15 years of ruling isn't a joke.
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by unuane1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thank God that I will not continue with the process again cause they just started registration in Benin city. Guys come and see as unemployed youth are turning out for the exercise, I collected the form on Friday fill it and summited it immediately but I was not having enough money on me that moment to finish the process cause I will still need to pay 10K for kits like they said and another #1500 for medical and another form I think . Wow thanks for this information I don't think I will get through or continue with the process again.
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
This crap is still ongoing as i type this post
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mynd44, mukina2 and obinoscopy. Front page please.
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by ogbronx(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
size38: GEJ and his PDP using SURE-P to dupe jobless Nigerians? Na wetin fit Nigerian Youths. Good for them. Until they know how to vote in Reasonable govt into power, their lives will remain miserable
The chances of the future been good is very bleak. I say this because, on the average, the Nigerian youth is so much a bigot and an ignoramus that common sense isn't far from being common.
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by ogbronx(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
size38: GEJ and his PDP using SURE-P to dupe jobless Nigerians? Na wetin fit Nigerian Youths. Good for them. Until they know how to vote in Reasonable govt into power, their lives will remain miserable
The chances of the future been good is very bleak. I say this because, on the average, the Nigerian youth is so much a bigot and an ignoramus that common sense is far from being common.
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by jmoore(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2014
Why pay 50,000 Naira to get a job? Where is thy common sense?

Never pay any dime to get a job!!!!!!!
Re: Unemployed Young Nigerians Pay N50,000 Each For Non-existence SURE-P Jobs by mkoabiola: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2014
I dnt blv ds story until an employee of d ds SURE P confirm ds.
Cos I see dem in deir nobas ,so nja grduates can pay to b employed.
Wonder shall nva end.lol
Abeg,task force workers come n testify b4 I swallow ds pill

(1) (Reply)

Senators To Jonathan: Nigerians Are Frustrated, Helpless And Angry. / Prophet T.B. Joshua’s Alleged Bribe: The Truth / Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.